I still don't understand the need to separate festival from non-festival performances.
I think whomever started that thread didn't want people to just put something like "Coachella" as their #1 show of the year. He should have just specified performances instead of shows, but that would've required more thought on his part. Oh well, I'll participate.
1. Nine Inch Nails (Bonnaroo) - A late-night set does make a difference to me. There's just a different feeling in the air for me. When it's one of the best live bands I've ever seen, that makes it even more special. "Reptile" was the highlight of the set for me.
2. My Bloody Valentine (Coachella) - I can't really listen to them on record, but this was an experience. Visually and sonically stunning.
3. M83 (Sasquatch) - I was curious as to how their sound would translate live, and sort of had low expectations. They pulled off the most fun set of the weekend for me. "Skin of the Night" blew me away and it got pretty crazy at the end during "Couleurs."
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Monolith) - Third time I saw them this year and it was absolutely the best. They did a few older songs and it was at a stunning venue. The raining added to the ambiance.
5. Grizzly Bear (Bonnaroo) - I knew they would sound good, but I didn't expect them to sound THAT good. Brandon, Barbara, Amy, and I were pretty stunned when it ended.
Last edited by TommyboyUNM; 12-28-2009 at 09:38 AM.