check your facts.

Default Re: ATP New York 2010

Oh no!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whiney View Post
    interpol broke up, thank god
    Yeah.... what.

i'm really surprised about all the complaining about the line up so far. Especially from anyone who has been to an ATP before. i mean, the thing i learned is what you think is going to be great, often turns out to be not so great (for me last year those bands included crystal castles, atlas sound and caribou) and then other bands that you had no or low exceeded expectations (for last year akron/family, oneida, el-p and black dice) and then, some are as good as you hoped they would be (again, last year... panda bear, jesus lizard, no age).

it's a hard concert to judge by line-up because it's not totally about the line-up. it's about having an open mind, hanging out with like-minded people and just enjoying a well-done, high-quality experience.

with that said - i agree, the line up (so far) is a little less "hype" buzz then last year. for sure. but that's not to mean there are not tremendous acts on the bill. i was so excited about the michael rother project when i read about this morning.

sonic youth! tortoise! fucked up (sorry i grew up a hardcore kid - i'm excited), dungen... the names might not be at the tippity top of pitchfork's current "cool" list, but they make for a nice diverse line-up in my opinion.

again - just my opinion

i'm more than surprised. i'm kinda disappointed by people. this thread is for ATP love. being critical is OK, but there is too much ranting.

i for one am more excited than ever for September to roll around... if the lineup stopped with this i would still feel like i got my money's worth.

I already have more bands at ATP that I really want to see than I did at Coachella: The Stooges, Sleep, Mudhoney, Sonic Youth, Explosions in the Sky, Fuck Buttons, Hallogallo, The Books, Beak>, Papa M, Sleepy Sun, Sunn 0)))/Boris, Raekwon, Girls, Fucked Up, Dungen.

And I'm sure that I'll watch a handful of the bands that I'm less excited about, and I'll enjoy them thoroughly.

There's going to be at least another half dozen bands add to Sunday, alone, so I'm not the least bit concerned.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

For me, this is looking like the best ATPNY yet
    DREAM BIGGER

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Agree with both Jared and Brad. I think the lineup is outstanding and even if it wasn't (which would never happen) I would still love ATP. It's the best US festival around with the best people. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

there we go. much better.

<3

now to figure out how the fuck i can make panda bear in oakland the day after....

anyone else notice that flights are like $100 more than last year? wha' happen?

Yes, and it's extremely distressing to me. That's right after a wedding I'm in so I'm going to be broke as shit and these flights aren't helping. I blame it on the holiday weekend.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I'm very excited with the lineup so far. Saturday is going to be such an awesome day. I'm curious as to who else we will get on sunday, but I also haven't heard most of the bands, so I'm sure there is already stuff I will like. This is definitely the festival I am most excited for this year, the experience last year was much more enjoyable than the large crowds of Coachella. Not that I don't love Coachella.

I have trouble getting over the fact that I will be seeing some of the bands we are seeing this year at ATPNY.

Yes, it is definitely the holiday weekend making flights more expensive.
    Last edited by send me ctrpllrs; 06-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.

i have to wait until mid/late august to buy my ticket thanks to my job interview situation... shitty.

AirTran has flights for $233 right now (I am coming early and leaving late, btw.) Stops in Atlanta, but still. This is the cheapest price I've seen and I've been paying attention for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    If you can't make the deadline you cant make the deadline. I didn't stop playing pokemon last night for nothing.

Don't have grits for breakfast at the Atlanta airport. It will seem like a really good idea, at the time, but they're really unsatisfying after a couple bites.

AirTran wants me to pay $372. What the fuck.

the cheapest I can find from San Francisco is $345 after taxes

I still can't go to ATP, but if anyone has a lengthy layover in Atlanta, I'll treat you to breakfast/lunch/dinner at either Waffle House or Cracker Barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Ohhhh Waffle House. My brother was looking at the menu, pointed to something, and said, "That gave me food poisoning last time I was at a Waffle House." He proceeded to order the same thing. He got food poisoning.

Go to Bonjangles or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    i have to wait until mid/late august to buy my ticket thanks to my job interview situation... shitty.
    Same...And now my boyfriend might not go because that weekend is the only time he can go home to see his family because his work doesn't give him a lot of vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I still can't go to ATP, but if anyone has a lengthy layover in Atlanta, I'll treat you to breakfast/lunch/dinner at either Waffle House or Cracker Barrel.
    a super close friend is moving to atlanta to get his phd at georgia tech. i might be seeing more of waffle houses if I have my way and can make it down every so often.

although last time i went to waffle house i got called a fagg0t. but that was in kansas city, so i'll chalk it up to that...

I can't guarantee that you won't be called a youknowwhateffword, but I can guarantee that their hash browns will be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

In thinking about it more, if the next round of bands is still super obscure (because, honestly, I'm clueless on the new adds, minus the Neu-supergroup) I might just have to stay home. Still don't have a job, yo!

But Sonic Youth/Iggy/Breeders is just such a huge draw for me.

Fuck dudes, if the Raincoats are added, I'm there. If not...I have some thinking to do

Besides, I'm probably already going to Matador at 21 since I'll have places to stay...And it's soooo soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    although last time i went to waffle house i got called a fagg0t. but that was in kansas city, so i'll chalk it up to that...
    by an employee, I hope?

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrAmeche View Post
    Sure, sure, except that there is communication by a fest representative on a fairly regular basis here.
    Anyway, I said my piece and I'm satisfied with Jamie's response (and I appreciate him responding at all when he obviously didn't have to). It's all good. Very much looking forward to year 3.
    Yes, but that communication usually consists of telling us to be patient and stop whining/hyperventilating over expectations and that the reason the fest was a miserable logistical experience this year is the fault of the gate-crashers, not the fest organizers. Whereas ATP has an agent on another festival's board being as helpful as can reasonably be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    by an employee, I hope?
    nah. some dude in a cowboy hat that had a mean looking scramble or something half-way hanging out his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Yes, but that communication usually consists of telling us to be patient and stop whining/hyperventilating over expectations and that the reason the fest was a miserable logistical experience this year is the fault of the gate-crashers, not the fest organizers. Whereas ATP has an agent on another festival's board being as helpful as can reasonably be expected.
    Oh, no, I wasn't talking about the Coachella rep. I meant the ATP rep. And yes, he is very helpful and I do appreciate him even bothering to come here to provide updates.

Quote Originally Posted by maudio35 View Post

it's a hard concert to judge by line-up because it's not totally about the line-up. it's about having an open mind, hanging out with like-minded people and just enjoying a well-done, high-quality experience.
    bangin post