Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: U2 2015

Default U2 2015

Apparently they are one of the headliners...we shall see...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Stanton Warriors (3/20), George Clinton + P Funk (3/21) Coachella 2015 (WK1), Underworld (Hollywood Bowl), Basement Jaxx (Hollywood Bowl), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Default Re: U2 2015

Go on.......

I'm for it. Less crowds at the concurrent shows that I actually want to see or, worst case scenario, extra sleep because I leave early. Nothing wrong with either of those situations.

The only thing that could come good from this is if it's the same situation as Saturday this year with Muse and Nas conflict. If it was U2 with an amazing number 2 I'll be ok with it. But other than that, I don't want U2 anywhere near the Polo Fields....
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

AC/DC | Alabama Shakes | Charles Bradley | FlyLo | Raekwon & Ghostface Killah | Caribou | Todd Terje | Squarepusher

Jack White | Ratatat | Run the Jewels | The War on Drugs | Tycho | Chet Faker | Swans | Jungle | Gaslamp Killer | Parquet Courts

St. Vincent | Circa Survive | Brand New | Kygo | Odesza | Duke Dumont | Built to Spill | St. Lucia | OFF! | Claude VonStroke

Fuck off with the multiple U2 threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Go on.......
    Just your usual, My friends knows someone that knows someone that "works in the music industry" BS.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Stanton Warriors (3/20), George Clinton + P Funk (3/21) Coachella 2015 (WK1), Underworld (Hollywood Bowl), Basement Jaxx (Hollywood Bowl), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Gotta say as a big U2 fan, I'm conflicted. I'd love to see them in the desert, but would much rather see 5 shows in LA. That said, the new album is fucking fantastic and the possibility of hearing The Troubles with Lykke Li singing her part live would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Gotta say as a big U2 fan, I'm conflicted. I'd love to see them in the desert, but would much rather see 5 shows in LA. That said, the new album is fucking fantastic and the possibility of hearing The Troubles with Lykke Li singing her part live would be worth it.
    Who knows you might get both

I'll never, ever, even become close to understanding why anyone, anywhere, from any point in time could like U2....fuck all that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Death Grips
    Childish Gambino
    King Krule
    Antemasque
    Eureka The Butcher & Sada Luna
    Bulletproof Tiger
    Dubois
    DeathMarch
    MethodMan&Redman
    The Offspring
    Lilly Allen
    Lil B
    James Blake
    Valiant Thorr
    You have the most boring taste so far this year.

I'm so down for U2 headlining....I'd never pay to go see them on their own, but being able to hear Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where the Streets Have No Name on the polo fields? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

I'll never, ever, even become close to understanding why anyone, anywhere, from any point in time could like U2....fuck all that noise.

Death Grips
    Childish Gambino
    King Krule
    Antemasque
    Eureka The Butcher & Sada Luna
    Bulletproof Tiger
    Dubois
    DeathMarch
    MethodMan&Redman
    The Offspring
    Lilly Allen
    Lil B
    James Blake
    Valiant Thorr
    I get it now.

I'd be 100% in favor of U2 headlining if they only stuck to old material. But it's never that simple, so I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    That said, the new album is fucking fantastic
    Is it, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Is it, though?
    No, it's not.

It's ok, though.

It's an album, there's songs that you can listen to on it.

4/8 - Drive Like Jehu @ The Glasshouse
    4/10 - Andrew Jackson Jihad / Jeff Rosenstock @ The Irenic
    4/16 - Ratatat @ House Of Blues
    5/1 - Lightning Bolt @ The Chapel
    5/28 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ North Park Theatre
    9/28 - AC/DC @ Dodgers Stadium

I think the album is pretty good. Not AMAZING or anything to say WOW to, but i enjoyed listening to it. The Troubles sounds really good, Lykke Li and Bono both sound great together.

Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    I think the album is pretty good. Not AMAZING or anything to say WOW to, but i enjoyed listening to it. The Troubles sounds really good, Lykke Li and Bono both sound great together.
    I thought it was *ok*. Not bad, not something I'd object to listening to, but not something that makes me go 'wow'. But that's been true of everything they've released for almost 20 years.

I'd still go see them, though, because their back catalog is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    This, like it better than last two, but nothing spectacular.
    AC / DC - Steely Dan - Ride - Fly-Lo - Raekwon & GFK - Lykke Li - Caribou - Todd Terje - Rev. Horton Heat - Charles Bradley - Eagulls - Allah-Las - Jon Hopkins

Swans - Belle & Sebastian - Jack White - Parquet Courts - Run The Jewels - War On Drugs - Perfume Genius - Drive Like Jehu - Alt-J - Bad Religion - Jungle - Kasabian - Royal Blood

Built To Spill - St. Vincent - Ryan Adams - John Talabot - Angel Olsen - Sturgil Simpson - Mac DeMarco - Joyce Manor - Orwells

the national -> U2 would be an awesome close to the fest

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm so down for U2 headlining....I'd never pay to go see them on their own, but being able to hear Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where the Streets Have No Name on the polo fields? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.
    I'm gonna have to agree with this. it would be a set that I would see for a short while and then run off to somewhere else. Unless of course someone like Caribou is playing opposite them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

AC/DC | Alabama Shakes | Charles Bradley | FlyLo | Raekwon & Ghostface Killah | Caribou | Todd Terje | Squarepusher

Jack White | Ratatat | Run the Jewels | The War on Drugs | Tycho | Chet Faker | Swans | Jungle | Gaslamp Killer | Parquet Courts

St. Vincent | Circa Survive | Brand New | Kygo | Odesza | Duke Dumont | Built to Spill | St. Lucia | OFF! | Claude VonStroke

U2 at the Oakland Coliseum on their last tour totally called it in - it's like they were just going through the motions. I'd rather they stayed away and let someone more exciting take the top slot if they're going to be so lackluster. That said, if they brought their A-game to Indio I might have a look...

Down the fuckin' Volly with Tommy, playing pool. I'm playing like Paul-fuckin'-Newman by the way.

U2 should have turned the lights off after Zooropa.

The latest album is mince. An unsigned band producing that wouldn't get a phone call.
    Only The Joshua Tree live at Coachella would be acceptable.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

U2 would be great at Coachella because they know they would have to bring a short and better setlist. It wouldn't be one of their bloated listen to my new stuff ones that they have insisted on playing the last couple of times I saw them. I mean come on, they let Muse open and blow them out of the water the last tour I saw them. They were so boring and I am a huge U2 fan. I think we would get a quality setlist with about 25 to 30 songs spanning their whole career and if they did play any off the new album it would be "The Miracle(of Joey Ramone)" and "The Troubles" with special guest Lykke Li. I think we would get like 5 songs from Joshua Tree at least. We would hear Sunday Bloody Sunday for sure, Unforgettable Fire, I Will Follow, New Years Day, Pride, One, Walk On, Mysterious Ways, Vertigo, Hold Me, Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Elevation, Until the End of The World, Lemon, Desire, Staring at The Sun, & songs in that vein.
    Last edited by LushCiao; 10-26-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Fuck I hate U2 but after this article I REALLY hope they don't get booked for next year.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/1...al-milk-hotel/

The fact that Bono isn't a NMH fan shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.