Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1366

Thread: Is There A God?

  1. #361
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    A force and an intelligence are not necessarily the same thing. And I don't see how it's possibly refutable seeing as you've already acknowledged that we have no means for measuring this kind of shit. Let's take, oh say, typhoons for example. To say that Neptune caused that typhoon a couple years ago is, in your mind, ascribing an intelligence to the act. Unless you stop thinking of Neptune as actually being some guy sitting on a clamshell and instead think of him as being an image of some guy sitting on a clamshell who actually stands for all the water in all the oceans in the world, and the energy that they represent.

    These gods are in no way unnatural. They are entirely natural. They're just singularities used to make conception of broad forces and elements in the world easier. Get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  2. #362
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rockridge
    Posts
    12,537

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    So you're redefining the use of the word "god" to include natural entities? Or are you using "god" and "God" in different ways?
    I don't think I'm hosting a 2016 collaborative playlist.

  3. #363
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,762

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Oh "God"...

  4. #364
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    "God" is a natural entity, that's where people go wrong. God is no more unnatural than gravity or magnetism. It is merely a term that we can use to describe things which our language and our limitations make it impossible to properly explain in words.

    All things radiate energy just by existing. Imagine God as what you would see if you could pull back from the Earth (or the whole universe) and perceive everything strictly in terms of energy. God is the totality that you would "see" in all of that energy combined.

    That being said, this explanation of God is not supposed to mean that there is only one. God is composed of an infinite number of individual qualities of energy which are interconnected on numerous different levels. In ancient religions there were many gods to represent many different groupings of energy that are perfectly natural phenomena. It's much more effective in terms of manipulating that energy to put a single symbol to these things as it gives us a term and a focus to use when trying to attune our vibration to a single target. There are an infinite number of gods in this sense.

    Here's an interesting question: you've all heard I imagine of the studies that have proven that prayer can actually have a small effect on the outcome of situations such as people dealing with serious medical illnesses. How do we explain this? Granted the percentage is small, something like 9 percent I believe but I'm just pulling from a hazy memory.

    It's not that something out there is actually answering the prayers. It's that the energy manifested in praying--which is really just sort of a combination of wishing for something to happen and affirming that it will--can actually change the outcome of physical reality if it is focused strongly enough. People can pray to whatever they want, it doesn't really matter. If they think that Jehovah is going to help them, their faith in the symbol of Jehovah makes it easier for them to attune their focus of energy to achieve the desired result.

    In essence, anything which helps you to focus your own power is a god.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  5. #365
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    "God" is a natural entity, that's where people go wrong. God is no more unnatural than gravity or magnetism. It is merely a term that we can use to describe things which our language and our limitations make it impossible to properly explain in words.

    All things radiate energy just by existing. Imagine God as what you would see if you could pull back from the Earth (or the whole universe) and perceive everything strictly in terms of energy. God is the totality that you would "see" in all of that energy combined.

    That being said, this explanation of God is not supposed to mean that there is only one. God is composed of an infinite number of individual qualities of energy which are interconnected on numerous different levels. In ancient religions there were many gods to represent many different groupings of energy that are perfectly natural phenomena. It's much more effective in terms of manipulating that energy to put a single symbol to these things as it gives us a term and a focus to use when trying to attune our vibration to a single target. There are an infinite number of gods in this sense.

    Here's an interesting question: you've all heard I imagine of the studies that have proven that prayer can actually have a small effect on the outcome of situations such as people dealing with serious medical illnesses. How do we explain this? Granted the percentage is small, something like 9 percent I believe but I'm just pulling from a hazy memory.

    It's not that something out there is actually answering the prayers. It's that the energy manifested in praying--which is really just sort of a combination of wishing for something to happen and affirming that it will--can actually change the outcome of physical reality if it is focused strongly enough. People can pray to whatever they want, it doesn't really matter. If they think that Jehovah is going to help them, their faith in the symbol of Jehovah makes it easier for them to attune their focus of energy to achieve the desired result.

    In essence, anything which helps you to focus your own power is a god.
    couldnt have explained it better really. people never seem to understand why im an atheist who believes in karma. its energies. and i dont believe in it in the sense that when you put out negative energy its gonna come bite you in the ass vengefully.

    although i still avoid using the "gee - oh - dee" word for it. id rather avoid getting myself mixed up with the rediculous people who still believe there is an invisible man in the clouds asking for money, listening to your individual prayers and granting wishes, and shaking his finger at your when you poop or masturbate.

    and although i agree with you i think you could make better lexical choices when describing these things cause using the words "god" and "prayer" are really just gonna confuse these fuckers. but of course getting into the arguments of the semantics of these words is just moot; and hopefully we both know this.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  6. #366
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,859

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I'm not even really talking about astral projection, although I suppose you could call it that. I'm not even sure how I ended up there in that specific example, and since then I've tried to avoid doing much traveling, so to speak.
    I choose to call it astral projection because that's what I was reading about that lead to the experience. It's all just words.

  7. #367
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    hehe "all just words"
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  8. #368
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    I choose to call it astral projection because that's what I was reading about that lead to the experience. It's all just words.
    I just meant that what I had been doing isn't technically astral projection. I'd studied that as well myself but never put too much effort into it because it doesn't really accomplish anything that I was trying to accomplish. The experience I related wasn't an attempt at astral projection, it just kinda happened that way, although I suppose one could say I inadvertently achieved a projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  9. #369
    Lurker Jew'd Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Monkeys talking about calculus and trigonometry.

  10. #370

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    ^^

    ;]
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  11. #371
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Yeah, I'm sure you're real enlightened, Devin. Or whatever the fuck your real name is. It's hard for me to remember names for anyone shorter than 5 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  12. #372
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    The duality of all things within this existential plane are absolute.

  13. #373
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,613

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    I'm agnostic, but I prefer to refer to that higher being as God for lack of better words.

    Aside from God, I'm more interested in if there is an after life.
    It's kind of really depressing to think that once you die, that's that. Nothingness.
    NOTHING.
    Should be something to look foreword to after all this.
    I want to believe in that, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

  14. #374
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,516

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Why would that be depressing? You're alive now.

  15. #375
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    22,005

    Default Re: Is There A God?


  16. #376
    Coachella Junkie HunterGather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,613

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Why would that be depressing? You're alive now.
    Yeah, you're right.
    But it crossed my mind and I think it will really hit me when I'm a lot older.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

  17. #377
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post


    (see:one's grasp on reality)

  18. #378
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Why would that be depressing? You're alive now.
    To think that there's a vastly deeper truth about what really went on when you were alive that you'll never understand? That everyone who passed in your lifetime is truly forever gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  19. #379
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Everyone has a truth.

  20. #380
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    ... another jewel of wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  21. #381
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Every time you have a fleeting thought,whenever you face a choice-you take a quantum leap into another reality...

  22. #382
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Don't fuck with me...

  23. #383
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,516

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    To think that there's a vastly deeper truth about what really went on when you were alive that you'll never understand? That everyone who passed in your lifetime is truly forever gone?
    We've gone a bit Flaming Lips all of a sudden, but yes, I'm okay with knowing that, and I'm okay with knowing I'm going to die someday. As far as I know, the whole crazy party was a fluke anyway, I'm just glad I got to take part in it for a while.

    That's not to say I don't grieve as deeply as anybody else, and it's not to say I'm not very keenly aware of my own mortality.

  24. #384
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Troll? I really am not familiar enough with message boards to understand what this is supposed to mean, and it sounds like a bullshit way to try and dismiss a point of view.

    Expert? I never said I was an expert, but I have experienced both and they have always felt very different.

    Either way, your inability to express yourself with at least some level of maturity is a great indication of the quality of your perspective.
    Tequila.

  25. #385
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    I jock chics that embrace mortality...

  26. #386
    Member moomoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2,048

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    WHO FUCKING CARES?


    the sooner you stop giving a shit about this subject, the happier you will be.

  27. #387
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,516

    Default Re: Is There A God?


  28. #388
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    WHO FUCKING CARES?


    the sooner you stop giving a shit about this subject, the happier you will be.
    Hmm,
    Stop posing like a demigod on the beach then...

  29. #389
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    ...you are naught.

  30. #390
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,324

    Default Re: Is There A God?

    Fuck a ego-syntonic frame of mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •