Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROB ZOMBIE - HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR

Default ROB ZOMBIE - HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR

I personally would love to see Rob/White Zombie in a sub-headline slot at Coachella as long as he doesn't do that last crap he put out.

HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR - BEGINNING OCTOBER 29TH
    ZOMBIE CURRENTLY GEARING UP FOR HIS RECORD RELEASE

HOLLYWOOD - (September 14, 2009) – The Hellbilly Returns! The Master of monster mayhem Rob Zombie will be destroying a city near you beginning this October 29th on The HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR. Not since 1998’s super smash triple platinum HELLBILLY DELUXE has Zombie hit the road under that moniker. So get ready to scream!

This will be Zombie's first headline tour since 2007 and will have other ghoulish delights in tow including openers Nekromantix and Captain Clegg & the Night Creatures last seen rocking Haddonfield and Michael Myers in Zombie’s new film HALLOWEEN 2. The tour will usher in Zombie's forthcoming album HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 – Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool (Geffen), a companion to 1998 original.

The tour will blasts off with Phoenix, AZ on October 29th, Las Vegas, NV on the 30th, and a very special Halloween event on the 31st in Hollywood, CA hosted by Uncle Seymour Coffins also seen recently in HALLOWEEN 2. Zombie will be accompanied by his longtime band mates -- guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D, and drummer Tommy Clufetos.

The HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR will mark Zombie's return to the road after much box office success as the writer and director of HALLOWEEN 2 (Dimension). His R-rated, animated feature, THE HAUNTED WORLD OF EL SUPERBEASTO, will also be available everywhere on DVD and Blu-ray September 22nd.

“I am bouncing off the walls like a mental patient”, says Zombie “ that tells me it’s time to take it to the stage and let the demons loose.”

Selling over fifteen million albums worldwide, Zombie is one of Geffen Record's top selling and the longest running artists on the label. He has written and directed five feature length films, directed dozens of high profile music videos, contributed recordings to multiple soundtracks, and authored several comic books. HALLOWEEN 2 (2009) took hold of the box office recently, following-up his record breaking blockbuster re-imagining of HALLOWEEN in 2007. In 2005, Zombie assaulted the film world with the critically-acclaimed THE DEVIL'S REJECTS (Lionsgate), the follow-up to his already cult classic HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES (Lionsgate 2004).

TOUR DATES:
    Date / City / State / Venue
    10/29/09 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre
    10/30/09 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
    10/31/09 Hollywood, CA Hollywood Palladium
    11/3/09 San Jose, CA San Jose Event Center
    11/5/09 Salt Lake City, UT Great Salt Air
    11/6/09 Denver, CO The Fillmore
    11/8/09 Tulsa, OK Brady Theater
    11/11/09 Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theater
    11/17/09 Akron, OH Civic Theatre
    11/20/09 Minneapolis, MN Roy Wilkins Auditorium
    11/21/09 Des Moines, IL Val Air Ballroom
    11/22/09 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
    11/24/09 Louisville, KY Broadbent Arena
    11/27/09 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
    12/1/09 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
    12/2/09 Boston, MA House of Blues
    12/3/09 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
    12/4/09 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
    12/5/09 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
    Last edited by shotglass75; 09-15-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    It's funny how everything was roses when we held on to the guns.

Default Re: ROB ZOMBIE - HELLBILLY DELUXE 2 TOUR

no seattle date
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

White Zombie reunion!!

This was posted in the upcomming shows thread. I don't mean to go all supre in here... Im just saying there really isn't a need for a Rob Zombie tour thread.

Also, Im bummed this is comming nowhere near me. Rob Zombie and Nekromantix is too awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

hell yea, i think i know what I'm doing for Halloween now
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Since 2007?!?!?

Well FUCK!
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i saw Rob Zombie play Gibson (it may have still been Universal at that point) in...i wanna say 2002...and it was AMAZING. beyond playing a ton of White Zombie songs, the theatrics he employs are incredible. Huge monsters walking around, giant robots spewing flames, go go dancers, and a giant set based on his artwork. it was awesome.

not to mention that the got THE DAMNED to open for him!

So much fun
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

That would be the type of show I would want to see.
    It's funny how everything was roses when we held on to the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    hell yea, i think i know what I'm doing for Halloween now
    Hmmm...Hollywood on Halloween with Rob Zombie? I shall address this with suffacated ASAP!
    "Who is this doing this synthetic type of Alpha Beta psychedelic funkin'?"
    CHEMICAL BROTHERS

old school

Get White Zombie back together and people might start to care again ... maybe.

I would but seriously fuck this guy until he gets White Zombie back together

and I don't give a fuck if he plays White Zombie songs live it's not good enough to sit through his solo shit just for 2 WZ gems
    DREAM BIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Get White Zombie back together and people might start to care again ... maybe.
    fail...white zombie were cool, but if Rob had never gone solo, i don't think i would have ever become as big a fan. Being able to unleash his whole "Hellbilly" character without being held back by fighting with the band constantly created something bigger than the music (music kicks ass too).

The stage production, art, movies, stories, listening to him on Indie, etc.. I got to meet him at a movie premiere and the guy is genuinely a fuckin cool guy who seems to be having fun. Asking for WZ back is just lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    3/9 Japandroids @ Fonda - 3/10 STRFKR @ Observatory - 3/11 VIVA PHX - 3/25 Electric Guest @ Teragram - 4/7 Classixx @ Fonda - 4/8 Foxygen @ Fonda - 4/9 Chairlift @ Echoplex

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I would but seriously fuck this guy until he gets White Zombie back together

and I don't give a fuck if he plays White Zombie songs live it's not good enough to sit through his solo shit just for 2 WZ gems
    What are these WZ gems you're so wanting to hear? WZ weren't the greatest musicians in the world (otherwise we'd all have heard their great new bands right??), so hearing Rob Zombie sing WZ songs with another band isn't a detriment to me.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    3/9 Japandroids @ Fonda - 3/10 STRFKR @ Observatory - 3/11 VIVA PHX - 3/25 Electric Guest @ Teragram - 4/7 Classixx @ Fonda - 4/8 Foxygen @ Fonda - 4/9 Chairlift @ Echoplex

How old are you? Everything that Rob is doing now White Zombie was doing a million times better 15 years ago.

White Zombie were awesome easily one of the greatest metal bands of all time. They created a sound that no one has touched since, not even Rob and trying but bastardizing that sound.
    DREAM BIGGER

How old are you? Everything that Rob is doing now White Zombie was doing a million times better 15 years ago.
    not that age matters to anyone since there are people of all ages on this board with varying amounts of musical knowledge/interests, but I'm 32.

Which WZ album should I go back and listen to? I'll have to admit it's been a few years since I cranked up Astrocreep, but with this tour announcement i'll have to go dig them out of the closet.

White Zombie were awesome easily one of the greatest metal bands of all time. They created a sound that no one has touched since, not even Rob and trying but bastardizing that sound.
    Metal is not my strongest genre, but in the metal discussions I have seen, I've NEVER come across anyone hailing WZ as one of the "greatest metal bands of all time"...I take back my prior WZ request, u just lost any credibility on this topic.

You're a fuckin idiot
    DREAM BIGGER

go back to bumping the Metal thread where you NEVER mentioned WZ until someone gave you a WZ boxset for free and suddenly they're one of the "greatest metal bands of all time".

All i'm saying is i'm going to enjoy a Rob Zombie show and you're being crotchety cuz you like the old band better. "Liking the old band" is so fucking tired and usually a sign that you've grown old, move on.

Some cliches exist for a good reason.

Zombie could've produced better solo efforts had he put Terry Date at the helm.

Fuck-it still would've been Zombie if Sean was in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    go back to bumping the Metal thread where you NEVER mentioned WZ until someone gave you a WZ boxset for free and suddenly they're one of the "greatest metal bands of all time".

All i'm saying is i'm going to enjoy a Rob Zombie show and you're being crotchety cuz you like the old band better. "Liking the old band" is so fucking tired and usually a sign that you've grown old, move on.
    There are other much older posts where I have stated my love for White Zombie and hatred for Rob Zombie solo and directorial efforts.

I like the older band because it's better not just to be one of those people but older shit is almost always better because the artist is still hungry and struggling, it's almost a given that struggle makes better art.
    DREAM BIGGER

WHITE ZOMBIE>Rob Zombie !!!!
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

old school

JorgeC, are you fucking kidding me? Do you also like Ozzy solo better than Black Sabbath? The reason stinkbutt asked your age is because usually only people younger than 17 or retards would say Rob > White.

hey JorgeC is a chill dude. calm down. while i do enjoy rob zombies music, i do find white zombie to be superior in sculpting a unique sound and despite the fact that they may not have the huge stage show and theatrics i would probably find it more exciting to hear a full set of white zomie songs than a mix.

but rob said that will never happen and he hasnt spoken to them in year. so there you go.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post

but rob said that will never happen and he hasnt spoken to them in year. so there you go.
    I think i get more tired of people asking for reunions than anything else on this board and people trashing a RZ tour for no reason other than they like WZ better is tacky, but I guess expected. As for Ozzie vs Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath all the way. That doesn't mean I go into threads about Ozzie touring and saying he sucks now and he should reunite Sabbath (I wouldn't even want to see that...), but I guess I tend to support stuff I like and ignore stuff I don't like or can't control.

Like i said above, I do like WZ, but metal not being my forte, I don't get the whole "greatest metal band". I tend to hear things like Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc, etc, but never WZ. I am open to suggestions on what WZ album to go back and listen to, i'm just not going to take the advice from what seems like hyperbole.

I will agree with Stinkbutt that "it's almost a given that struggle makes better art.", there are so many bands that are miserable and/or drugged up when they put out the best albums of their career but when they get past that, if you're no longer into them as solo artists, get over it and move on. So much more music you can get into rather than lamenting the loss of the band.

I've seen White Zombie and Rob Zombie, I'm thinking about going to the SJ show, my sister is a huge fan so I might just go with her...

I saw Rob Zombie open up for Ozzy in 07. Rob blew him out of the water. It was such a wildly entertaining show. I love White Zombie, but to be honest, I love Rob Zombie just as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Live Nation presale code for the Hollywood Palladium show is:

HOLLWOOD
    Last edited by timbobarry; 09-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.

KROQDRAGULA is also a presale password for The Palladium.

I've seen him twice-it's not like Rob Zombie sucks live.He puts on a good show and all,plus he did perform several White Zombie songs,(mind you his solo catalog wasn't deep in 99)that said-I can only listen to a few Rob Zombie songs before asking myself,"why doesn't he just bring back White Zombie-he might as well?!"

...I'll put it like this-his first solo album was cool,but White Zombie is the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Like i said above, I do like WZ, but metal not being my forte, I don't get the whole "greatest metal band". I tend to hear things like Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc, etc,
    I said one of the greatest not the greatest that is without a doubt Sabbath

WZ only has 2 albums just listen to those

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    I've seen him twice-it's not like Rob Zombie sucks live.He puts on a good show and all,plus he did perform several White Zombie songs,(mind you his solo catalog wasn't deep in 99)that said-I can only listen to a few Rob Zombie songs before asking myself,"why doesn't he just bring back White Zombie-he might as well?!"
    This is pretty much the sentiment. It's a fun live show but the music sucks well actually his first solo album had 2 tracks I liked everything else was garbage
    DREAM BIGGER