I'm going to pray to the sweet baby Jeebus that ICP is not one of those three.
Ah come on, give me the benefit of the doubt, I did say "not ashamed to admit." Plus all three were at festivals; Vegoose '05 (JJ) and BFD '08 (Aoki and AM). However, I am a little miffed that Aoki is opening for my MSTRKRFT show in Vancouver on the 12th, especially considering how expensive tix were ($65).
Talk to Faxman about seeing ICP
Last edited by fikus222; 09-04-2009 at 12:12 PM.
10/29 Hot Chip @ The Fox Theatre
11/07 Rufus Du Sol @ The Mezzanine (?)
11/13 Mr Little Jeans @ The Rickshaw Stop
11/20 Keep Shelly in Athens @ Awaken
1. Neutral Milk Hotel
3. Sufjan Stevens
4. Scott Walker
Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.
1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
The Chemical Brothers (Live)
Ok, this needs some serious amendmending. First of all, I don't even really like U2 but hear they're great live. Out. The Chems, I can live with a DJ set. Out. And if we're going with big rock groups there's one that I've been after for a while. So...
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Kinfe (After Fever Ray I can only imagine what this is like!)
Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 09-04-2009 at 07:09 PM.
I remember seeing the last few songs of Siouxsie and the Banshees at Coachella 2002...I didn't know any of the songs but they sounded fucking amazing...
I like the suggestion in your sig for Brian Wilson do Pet Sounds. I saw him do that at the Hollywood Bowl w/ orchestra. The entire record, in order, start to fin. One of the best concerts I have ever seen.
The white stripes
Originally Posted by menikmati
Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year
1. Beastie Boys - back before they released 'Licensed to Ill,' Beastie Boys were on the bill as support act to PiL at the Beacon Theatre in NYC. I was 15, and I'd already heard "Cookie Puss" and "She's On It," and was pretty stoked for their set. Sadly, they never showed, so we were treated to 90 minutes of soundchecking PiL's drum kit. Boom!...Boom-boom! Since then, I've missed countless opportunities to see one of my favorite bands. Perhaps I'll remedy that one day.
2. The Smiths - I know this probably breaks the original poster's protocol, but I'm citing past missed chances. I'd tickets to see the Smiths at Radio City Music Hall, but Little Lord Morrissey had a hangnail or something equally traumatic, so they canceled. Then the Smiths split up. The end.
3. Radiohead - I've heard good things about these youn go-getters.
4. David Bowie - That would be rad.
5. The Stone Roses - it's still possible, right? Right?