How to participate:
- Find a song which you are particularly fond of and which has certain elements you'd like to hear in other songs. (It could be the melody, the orchestrations or arrangements, the way the vocalist moves from chest voice to falsetto. Or, perhaps, something less specific; just the "feel" of the song)
- Post an embedded YouTube video of the song (if available)
- Briefly describe the elements of the song which you find appealing, but don't just tell us that you like the song. Tell us what exactly appeals to you.
- Respond to someone's request with song(s) which match his description.
- Where available, post embedded YouTube links to your recommendations.
I'll start. I think this should be an easy one for this board.
Song: "Desire Lines"
What I like about the song: It's the second half of the song I truly love. The way in which those guitars just swirl around in layer after layer after layer is so damn mesmerizing. I get the strangest sensation listening to this song on headphones. I feel as though I'm sinking down into an unending that spiral, but also simultaneously being lifted up. It's as though one's sense of direction is temporarily gone and you're just moving in every direction at once. I'm probably doing a lousy job of describing the "feel" of the song, but the bottom line is it's those gorgeous layers of guitars that seem to carry on forever that appeal to me. What you got?