(for me at least)
So I thought I’d give NPR a try for 6 months. I’m so over it. Here’s why NPR sucks:
1. They don’t have commercials, but they waste 20 minutes per hour either requesting donations or explaining (in verbose detail) who each segment is brought to you by. Commercials are so much more interesting.
2. Each segment is accompanied by additional overhead through a lengthy tag-line and description of what the segment is about. Segments don’t need taglines, nor do they need a 45 second introduction.
3. Of the remaining time that’s left, half the stories are worthless. Who wants to hear about Crows, Leaf Collectors, or Mom Bloggers?
4. The liberal tone gets old real quick. “This week President Obama invited a police officer and professor over for a beer. Did you know that George Washington and Abe Lincoln also drank beers in the White House? This certainly shows what type of president we’re dealing with here”
5. The weekend crap sucks “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell me” may just be the lamest thing to ever come out of a radio. Same with those “comedy” shows.
Sorry NPR. I tried, I really did. But your 6 months is up.