World Famous Schoolio Power Rankings
Week 8 Edition
1. London Wankers (tessalasset) This team refused to succumb to the Spoiler de la Caco, putting away the New Ronnies with its 3rd consecutive 100+ point game. With that said, the competition has never been fiercer for the top perch, and this week, the Wankers host the game of the year. Holt, Berrian, and Colston all have a bye week at the same inopportune time, so Alexs roster coordination will have to be at its most brilliant when they take on
Last Weeks Rank: 1
2. Slam. Duh duh duh. (hawking vs reeve) I still have not figured out this teams name. But on the flip side, no one else seems to be able to figure out this teams weakness (if such a thing exists). Its a damn shame this had to be Bulgers off-week, but Leftwich @ HOU should make up most (if not all) of the production B Dawg is losing. Keep an eye on the kicking games for these two teams, as Josh Brown could potentially be the difference-maker for Slam.
Last Weeks Rank: 3
3. Dublin Car Bombers (schoolofruckus) Well, no sooner does the last year card get pulled than this teams supposed stars get their collective asses in gear, as T.O. and Ronnie Brown guide the Good Ship Schoolio to its first win streak of the season. Phillip Rivers also shined, and he should get more looks later in the year if Tom Brady continues to struggle. Next order of business try to kick the Lamas while theyre down and go into the Week 9 showdown against Bug with a three game win streak.
Last Weeks Rank: 6
4. Bug (bug on your lip) The passing games struggles continued this week due to byes and injuries, resulting in a second straight loss. Dont expect that trend to continue for much longer, and for Bugs sake, it better not Steven Jackson and Frank Gore are both on bye this week. Not only that, but out of the next six games, 5 of them come against the other teams in the top 6.
Last Weeks Rank: 2
5. Barbaros Death Mask (dorkfish) Speaking of schedule brutality Brads Vi-stallions just had to endure back to back games against Slam and the Wankers. Theyre building back to their early-season form (averaging 96 points in those two games), and they get some much deserved respite against the no-longer-winless, but still far-from-scary Cobra Kai.
Last Weeks Rank: 5
6. Dynamite Goes Boom (chrislasf) Last nights finale to the Dynamites match-up against Monday Mornings was as rollercoaster as it gets. One minute, the Bears were giving up 23 points and, in turn, giving this game to the Lamas; moments later, the Bears are returning 2 fumbles and a punt return for touchdowns. Game, set, match: Dynamite. Now they get a chance to make a loud, booming (wah wah waaaah) statement this week when they travel to Bug City.
Last Weeks Rank: 8
7. Monday Mornings (thefunkylama) Unfortunately, someone had to come out on the short end of that frenetic Bears/Cardinals stick, and it ended up being the Very Late Sunday Nights. Like the Death Mask, theyre starting to regain some of the swagger they opened the season with; unlike the Death Mask, they get an increasingly-dangerous opponent this week in the Dublin Detonators.
Last Weeks Rank: 4
8. Your Mom (Jenniehoo) Unless things get truly crazy, I would say the top 7 teams should all pretty much stay in that stratosphereand then theres the #8 spot, which nobody seems to want. I cant, in good conscious, give credit to Tessalex (fake version) when theyve lost 3 in a row and continue to flounder on offense. So Im bumping Your Mom into the Top 8. They forced Bug to play at their tempo, and grinded out a tough victory against one of the powerhouses. Not only that, but with a duck coming up this week (French version: Leon), theyve got a prime chance to even out that record.
Last Weeks Rank: 11
9. Vermicious Kanids (york707) The shorthanded line-up last week caused more than a few frowns, but the truth is, not even the benched Kanids put up enough points to make a difference. The only guaranteed doughnut this week is at the K position, and theyre lining up against a team thats in that same boat. This game could come down to the performance of the defenses, and with the Kanids taking the Jaguars to Houston, that could be the x-factor in what is clearly a must-win game.
Last Weeks Rank: 10
10. Tessalex (mountmccabe) Tension is mounting in John country these days as they became the first team to lose to the Cobra Kai, with some fans going so far as to burn jerseys of Edgerrin James in the parking lot. The constant name changes are merely a byproduct of the lack of identity this team is facing at this point. However, theres only one medicine that can cure this ill, and thats a showdown against a team that is struggling just as mightily as they are.
Last Weeks Rank: 7
11. Los Professionals (caco0283) I could have ranked Leon as high as #8; theyve shown a capability of playing better than they have been recently, and theyve also got possibly the easiest remaining schedule of all the bubble teams. However, they have two players who are active for this weeks game on a bye week, and theres no guarantee they will be subbed out for players that actually have games. And that puts them dangerously close to that dreaded 5th loss.
Last Weeks Rank: 9
12. Mile-Hi Cobra Kai (mmmmdoughnuts) Congratulations to the Kai on a much-deserved first victory. And if they want to save the season, getting a team with zero viable options at QB this week is the time to do it. Now use head for something other than target.
Last Weeks Rank: 12