Thread: Josh Homme, Grace Jones, Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Lemmy & Justice Made a "Film"

Default Josh Homme, Grace Jones, Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Lemmy & Justice Made a "Film"

No trailer yet, just clips of the actor/musicians talking vaguely about the film which also stars Jesse Hughes, Volbeat and Mark Lanegan. This could be amazing or just awful. I seriously can't decide whether to be excited about it or not. The Dad metal playing in the background of all the promo vids isn't inspiring confidence.

I'm guessing that the stars appear in the film, but don't tour with the film. More below...

The forthcoming loud and dark fairytale Gutterdämmerung is a new rock 'n' roll / film / gig concept from the mind of Belgian-Swedish visual artist Bjorn Tagemose. Gutterdämmerung is part rock show part immersive cinema experience featuring some of the biggest rock names on the planet including Grace Jones, Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Eagles Of Death Metal's Jesse Hughes, Motörhead's Lemmy, Tom Araya, Mark Lanegan, Volbeat, Queens of the Stone Age's Joshua Homme and Justice. Two more rock 'n' roll names will be revealed in the coming weeks leading up to the big reveal of Gutterdämmerung's earth shaking cinema trailer. ​

Much in the tradition of classic movies of 1920’s Hollywood, the film is mostly silent but instead of a lone piano a live rock band of rock express the emotions and action whilst special effects from the film explode to life all around the audience. Think of a deafening rock ‘n’ roll version of Secret Cinema taking place in hell and you might just begin to have an idea of what Gutterdämmerung is.

This spectacular film will tour with it’s live band and a live narrator early 2016.

• GRACE JONES plays the only person that can control all of the testosterone of all rock and roll bastards in this loud film. She is the ultimate nemesis, an African Goddess from Hell. A beautiful and dangerous face that for most of them, may just well be the last one they ever see.

• HENRY ROLLINS plays exactly that what repulses him in real life a Priest Svengali. The Oxford English Dictionary describes a Svengali as ‘a person who exercises a
      controlling or mesmeric influence on another, especially for a sinister purpose’.

• IGGY POP plays the angel Vicious the catalyst of the story that sets the whole world on fire. God has left this punk angel at heavens gate, now he needs to test humanity, and maybe Vicious has not quite yet earned his place behind the Pearly Gates.

• JESSE HUGHES plays a bounty hunter that kills sound for money. In Gutterdämmerung he works for the very people he hates in real life, those who use false morality as oppression.

• LEMMY will be playing a crazed general leading the 'Armour Cavalry' during a dark explosive moment for the two heroines of Gutterdämmerung.

• Michael Poulsen and Rob Caggiano from VOLBEAT will be trading in their guitars for flamethrowers to fight and light their way through the ultimate apocalyptic battle of Gutterdämmerung.

• As a mysterious messenger of darkness TOM ARAYA will be 'bringing the light' by setting the silver screen on fire with a truly primal performance.

• MARK LANEGAN finds himself in a scene that could have been dreamed up by Edgar Allan Poe. In the role of a gravedigger, Mark has an encounter with our heroine Juliette and a strange visitor looking for his soul leading to psychedelic consequences.

• QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE’S JOSH HOMME is today probably one of the most influential rock artists but in Gutterdämmerung big bad boy Josh has put down the guitar and brings Death itself to life with his bazooka poetically known as “Death’s Dominion”.

• JUSTICE, the hippest electro rockers not only in Paris but the entire world, find out what happens when you touch a sacred guitar and find them themselves turned to... ah, but that would be giving it away wouldn’t it? You’ll have to watch and see.

Default Re: Josh Homme, Grace Jones, Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, Lemmy & Justice Made a "Film"

I... I... I want to know more.
    I don't think I'm hosting a 2016 collaborative playlist.