Thread: Anyone know what was up with the bees?

Default Anyone know what was up with the bees?

Saturday morning as I was walking over to the espresso vendor, I walked by this green tent, with a football on the grass next to it ... and the football and tent were just absolutely covered in a mass of swarming bees.

Anyone else see it? Get a photo? Know what was up?

Default Re: Anyone know what was up with the bees?

no, but i saw people fleeing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    I check for camping wristbands before I put my penis in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    TRV$DJ-AM and Bloody Beetroots need to switch set times
    QFT!

2005, 2006, 2008, 2009

in 2007 a couple of my friends and myself were sitting next to a fence near the vendors (in camping not on the hill yet) and randomly, a swarm of bee's came and flew over us. that was the one and only time i ever saw bee's there.
    '07 '08 '09 '10...

In the beer garden between the main and outdoor theatre on Friday, I was walking by one of the shaded picnic areas, and there was a yellow "POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS" tape all up in one spot. I thought some overzealous Morrissey fans killed themselves.

When I asked the three (!) officers surrounding it what happened, they pointed up at the corner of the tent, where a swarm of bees had gathered.

This is when I slowly backed away. But not before my girlfriend snapped a bunch of pictures of the whole thing. Not sure how well they came out, but will post if anyone is interested.

There were more moths this year than I remember having before thats about it. No bees though

Exclamation Re: Anyone know what was up with the bees?

We were just sitting around the tents when all of the sudden a swarm of bees appeared. We ran for cover in canopy and watched as they collected around a spot on the next next to mine.

Some brilliant dude came along and decided he should throw a football at the bees. The huge ball of bees dropped and scattered like mad! Eventually they want back to working on the tent.

Eventually a little cart came along with a "Killer Bee Removal" graphic on the side. A guy pulled out a portable shop vac and sucked them all up. T-shirt and black pants, no protection or anything.

He explained that they are killer bees and that the queen landed on the tent and they were starting to build their nest. They left behind little bits of beeswax.

No one got stung except for the bee cleanup guy who didn't really seem to care.

Pic is below. My tent is the one on the bottom right of the pic.

I saw that kart randomly just driving around, apparently just waiting for something like that to happen. EEK!
    '07 '08 '09 '10...

i saw the after-effects of this where they had the area taped off and directed foot traffic away... kinda funny when i saw the pest control spraying shit off...

I didn't see any bees but we got attacked by fire ants. We had a guy in a cart spray around our tent. No casualties.

OMG at the bee picture. That's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    We were just sitting around the tents when all of the sudden a swarm of bees appeared. We ran for cover in canopy and watched as they collected around a spot on the next next to mine.

Some brilliant dude came along and decided he should throw a football at the bees. The huge ball of bees dropped and scattered like mad! Eventually they want back to working on the tent.

Eventually a little cart came along with a "Killer Bee Removal" graphic on the side. A guy pulled out a portable shop vac and sucked them all up. T-shirt and black pants, no protection or anything.

He explained that they are killer bees and that the queen landed on the tent and they were starting to build their nest. They left behind little bits of beeswax.

Dude I thought you were making this up and then I saw the picture! That's unbelievable.

Lurker

Yeah, once they had all settled down it grew to twice this! A little bit of morning excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

best art of the weekend, im jealous

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

just posted pictures of this in another thread, but here it is..
    it was a few tents away from the volcano

Man, my tent was right near that, then... Didn't even see or hear about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Weird.

Cherish your little bee buddies though, they're dying out all over the place here.

beads?