Thread: Chances of getting a TENT camping spot during the presale (Weekend 1)?

Lurker

Default Chances of getting a TENT camping spot during the presale (Weekend 1)?

Hi! So my friend and I are planning on going in 2017 and we are ready to purchase wknd 1 passes on Wednesday. The thing is, last year when I queued for the passes (during the presale as well) just to know how it was going to be like when our time came (yes, we planned 2 years ahead because we are broke af and need to save money) all of the tent camping spots were sold out but the car camping spots were still around. So I have two questions:

1) What are the chances of us getting the tent camping spots if we are on the website and smash f5 like 20 minutes prior to the presale?
    2) Is it possible to have a car camping spot even when you don't have a car? Neither of us can afford to rent a car and we can't drive anyways.

Thank you in advance.

PS. If we don't get our hands on a camping spot, and one of you do, please PM me if you're willing to share a spot with us. We will pay you 50 bucks (half the price) and hug you for saving our lives, if you don't hate hugs.
    Last edited by donnalee; 06-06-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Chances of getting a TENT camping spot during the presale (Weekend 1)?

Tent camping usually sells out very fast, as you witnessed last year. It is just luck of the draw, hard to put a percent chance of getting it. But if a gun is to my head, I say ~30%.

You have to have a car to car camp. Not being able to afford a rental, yet coming all the way from Sweden to attend a music festival seem to contradict each other, but to each their own.

Lurker

Default Re: Chances of getting a TENT camping spot during the presale (Weekend 1)?

Dang that sounds worrying. And about the car rental: we are students who have been working two summers and not spent any of the money we've earned in order to do this so the amount of money we have is quite limited. We can afford ga, flight and camping (+ misc spending money like food and souvenirs) but other than that we are pretty much broke. And neither of us have a drivers license so it wouldn't matter if we could afford it. Thanks for your answer though!
    Last edited by donnalee; 06-06-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Get whatever you can, if you end up with a car camp spot, you can easily find someone with a car and passes but no car camp spot. So just make friends help each other and it will be fine.
    Also car camp (at least lot 8) is much closer to the entrance so less walk back n fourth to camp.

What if I want a thicket but don't want to camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

nvm got the tent camping tickets