Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545556575859
Results 1,741 to 1,753 of 1753

Thread: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

Default Re: The Official Boxing/MMA thread

This is like Usain Bolt racing Michael Phelps in a swimming pool. Floyd may not knock Connor out, but the final outcome is preordained.

Quote Originally Posted by janesill View Post
    sorry, bro. But there will be a rematch between Diaz and Mcgregor. It is quite frustrating! As far as I'm concerned, a rematch is needed if the fight was not won convincingly. In this case, Diaz won convincingly! Just because Conor wants a rematch, UFC gave it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    This is a horrible descion for a few reasons:
    1) not needed. Connor lost by tap out. Not even a close fight.
    2) He will lose again and never get his shot at RDA.
    3) 145 is held hostage. Connor said he wasn't giving his belt up because once he won the 155 belt he would be able to defend both belts multiple times throughout the year. He has yet to defend his 145 belt and has not won the 155 belt. So his claim is showing false, for now.
    4) Frankie will murder him.
    5) Aldo will probably beat him, if he fights smart and utilizes his kicks and BJJ.
    6) Holloway is also waiting for a second crack.
    7) If Connor wins, does Nate get an immediate rematch? If not, the UFC will look like an even bigger joke.

This is just a big money maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    I agree, I don't see the point of a rematch. However, it's not surprising because big name fighters usually get the fights they want. A FrankieEdgar fight would be much more interesting and Frankie deserves a title shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    The only way Conor has a chance to beat Nate is if the fight's at 155 and he knocks him out. We saw the distinct cardio advantage Nate had over Conor after the first round. McG threw everything at maximum power and Nate didn't move... cut him up pretty good but his chin stayed in tact. 170 is just too much weight for Conor to hurt anyone.
    Good thing Connor didn't listen to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    Still bad look for UFC IMO. Fighters are upset he's allowed to do this. Still hasn't defended a belt in his life. Once he finishes up this fight he will probably retire with his loads of money, until he has to come back because he spent it all on dates with Artem Lobov. The credibility of Max having the Featherweight title is being questioned by Conor nut huggers, yet Max will probably defend his 145 belt a couple times before Conor fights in the UFC again. Lightweight held up now. Champions are dodging contenders and UFC is just money fights with match ups that make NO sense (see middleweight) and you have other UFC fighters thinking they can take on the top boxers in the world. Its becoming the WWE.
    10' - 11' - 12' W2 - 13' W1 - 14' W1 - 15' W1 - 16' W1 - 17' W1

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob... - Reeber

RESPECT THE FORMULA - Guedita

MMA has hit the mainstream. I mean, there's been talk about "fixed fights" for a couple years now. That's when you know you've made it.

Lol. Where is the lie, fucker? Conor had a brilliant first round, then he ran and gassed. Listen to us? Sorry we'd like to see championship belts mean something... Conor does what's best for Conor and that's good for Conor. Not good for the sport or the promotion. He's yet to defend a belt and at this rate he won't.

That's probably why Dana likes him so much; looking out for #1. I don't doubt Dana loves the sport, but the UFC under Zuffa - and currently - has never, in my opinion, been managed with the sport in mind. Everything has been about spreading the name and getting PPV. It makes sense, it's a business, but that's not generally conducive to a good product, AKA meaningful fights. I don't care that Connie was able to attain two belts, I care whether or not he can successfully defend and maintain the two belts. Whereas most viewers are still waiting for Lesnars return.

As soon as the investment group can get the debt load back under 60%, they're gonna ramp up for the IPO. That was always the plan based on the word of those offered investment. This payday goes a long way to getting them there. They made a huge investment in Conor and its paying off. I'm a fan of the business as well as of the sport. That doesn't always get you the best of both, but it'll build excitement. I'm just gonna enjoy the spectacle and laugh at the Floyd haters who are rooting for The Irishman. Seriously, he's already won. Getting knocked out or losing the 119-109 decision(yes I believe Conor can steal a single round with flash) won't change that. In the mean time I'm watching the undercard and fight nights for that next exciting rise from the 10 and 10 crowd.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable male, get off my case....

Last week's fight night was a pretty decent watch. And yes, he's definitely already won.

For me this is a lose lose, I just hope it doesn't go all 12, but I suspect it will.

I liked some of those too. Bellator has some interning shit tonight. Debut of Aaron Pico. World Gold medal, 3 time National freestyle Gold in wrestling. If he picks up striking and submission defense, could be a future beast in MMA.
    Last edited by koryp; 06-24-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    For me this is a lose lose, I just hope it doesn't go all 12, but I suspect it will.
    If you think it's a lose lose, and yet you still plan to watch it, what does that make you?

If you think it's a lose lose, and yet you still plan to watch it, what does that make you?
    Clearly, it makes him a fan. Also, asking such a question clearly makes you a retard.

This Bellator card is so bonkers. WTF. Watch Chael either win this last fight or potentially Wandy blasts him 5 extra times after knocking him out.
    Friday: Radiohead / King Gizz / Bonobo / Father John Misty / Sampha / Loco Dice / Big Gigantic / Crystal Castles / Jagwar Ma
    Saturday: Moderat / Avalanches / Tycho / Floating Points / Schoolboy Q / Warpaint / Royskopp / Breakbot / Local Natives / Car Seat Headrest / Thundercat / Ben UFO / Swet Shop Boys / Mitski / TDCC / Roisin Murphy
    Sunday: Kendrick Lamar / Hans Zimmer / New Order / Kaytranada / Maya Jane Coles / Devendra Banhart / Tale of Us / Whitney / Preoccupations

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post
    This Bellator card is so bonkers. WTF. Watch Chael either win this last fight or potentially Wandy blasts him 5 extra times after knocking him out.
    And now Dave Navarro...people are saying it all over twitter but I'm going to repeat it here - by far the most MMA event of all MMA events ever. Beyond bizarre.

This has gotta be on cable next time, ain't no one paying $50 for this!
    Friday: Radiohead / King Gizz / Bonobo / Father John Misty / Sampha / Loco Dice / Big Gigantic / Crystal Castles / Jagwar Ma
    Saturday: Moderat / Avalanches / Tycho / Floating Points / Schoolboy Q / Warpaint / Royskopp / Breakbot / Local Natives / Car Seat Headrest / Thundercat / Ben UFO / Swet Shop Boys / Mitski / TDCC / Roisin Murphy
    Sunday: Kendrick Lamar / Hans Zimmer / New Order / Kaytranada / Maya Jane Coles / Devendra Banhart / Tale of Us / Whitney / Preoccupations