Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise Guests??

Default Surprise Guests??

Which sets do you guys think will have surprise guests, and who will they be??

Default Re: Surprise Guests??

LET'S GET EXCITED ABOUT SPECIAL GUESTS NOT ON THE BILL, SO WHEN THEY DON'T APPEAR, WE GET SUPER-SAD, YA'LL!
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Drake most likely pulls a few out of the bag. He could have crossover guests as in The Weeknd and possibly Florence, but I am really hoping for ILOVEMAKKONEN or whatever the fuck that dudes name is.

Got Coachella going up, on a Tuesday!!! Or ummmm a Sunday!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraGilly View Post
    Which sets do you guys think will have surprise guests, and who will they be??
    You created an account just to make this topic?
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

AC/DC | Alabama Shakes | Charles Bradley | FlyLo | Raekwon & Ghostface Killah | Caribou | Todd Terje | Squarepusher

Jack White | Ratatat | Run the Jewels | The War on Drugs | Tycho | Chet Faker | Swans | Jungle | Gaslamp Killer | Parquet Courts

St. Vincent | Circa Survive | Brand New | Kygo | Odesza | Duke Dumont | Built to Spill | St. Lucia | OFF! | Claude VonStroke

old school

The following have guested with Drake over the past couple years at his "festival" in Toronto:

Lauryn Hill
    Party Next Door
    DJ Khaled
    YG
    Trey Songs
    Big Sean
    Weeknd
    TLC
    Lil Mama
    J. Cole
    Miguel
    MA$E
    ASAp Rocky
    Kanye
    Lil Wayne
    Rick Ross
    French Montana
    Kardinal Offishall
    Mack Mama
    Faboulous
    Eminem
    Jay-Z

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFireTollBooth View Post
    Who cares if she/he made an account just to make this topic? Who are you? Why does your opinion matter? You may think it does with 328 posts on this board but in reality you, myself with a few posts and the veteran with a million posts are just people behind a screen. Get over yourself and go pick on some little kids if you're bored........ Uh-huh, that's a good bitch

Speaking on the side of possibility, rather than probability:

Flying Lotus: Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Thundercat.

Raekwon & Ghostface: Anyone from Wu-Tang.

Jack White: Meg White during the encore?

The Weeknd: Drake, Juicy J., Ariana Grande, French Montana.

SBTRKT: Sampha, Raury, Ezra Koenig, Jessie Ware, Caroline Polachek, A$AP Ferg.

Tyler, the Creator: Anyone from OF.

Until the Ribbon Breaks: Run the Jewels.

Drake: the Weeknd, Jhene Aiko, Sampha, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Rihanna, who knows who else.

St. Vincent: David Byrne.

I hear the Sahara has lots of surprise guests

Little known fact: Meg White's father's name is Walter H.

In other words, Heisenberg confirmed.

No really, I heard that attendees that stay in the Sahara the whole time will on average see more surprise guests then an attendee who does not. Just something to think about.

old school

Surprised Katy Perry has never been onstage at Coachella despite attending at least 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRav View Post
    St. Vincent: David Byrne.
    She's guested dozens of times with others but almost never "hosts" them at her own shows.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 01-22-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Jack White could have anyone from any of his previous bands, but I feel confident Meg will make an appearance. Members of Dead Weather/Raconteurs very likely as well.

RAC has tons of potential for guests as they always use guest vocals, there are many options for them too (Kele would be really cool! Just hoping they don't bring out MNDR because she sucks so hard and manages to insert herself everywhere somehow).

SBTRKT, I was not a fan at all last time I checked him out at Coachella but I like the new album and it has sooo many cool guests I'm sure there will be some neat appearances. Would love to see Caroline Polachek or Yukimi from Little Dragon come out.

Maybe Jessy Lanza with Caribou since she sang on a track from the new album. Bryan Ferry with Todd Terje seems like an obvious choice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Fri: Todd Terje and the Olsens, Caribou, Kele, Sylvan Esso, Hot Natured, ACxDC, Kiesza, Kimbra, Gorgon City, Tame Impala
    Sat: Jack White, Toro y Moi, Yelle, Ratatat, Jungle, Belle & Sebastian, FKA twigs, Antemasque, Tycho, SBTRKT
    Sun: Tiger and Woods, St. Vincent, MŲ, Jenny Lewis, Madeon, Odesza, Marina and the Diamonds, Duke Dumont, RAC, Panda Bear

ha, why would Meg White make an appearance?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    So it turns out Jesus is a LOT like cr***

Isn't it obvious??

Panda Bear = DAFT PUNK !!!!
    How many animals can you find in the 2015 Coachella lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    No really, I heard that attendees that stay in the Sahara the whole time will on average see more surprise guests then an attendee who does not. Just something to think about.
    I have a feeling a lot of the guests in the Sahara go something like this "hey heres the guy thats opening for me on my tour and I'm playing his track right now" or "heres this guy thats playing tomorrow but we made a song together so he's up here while I play it"

I know St. Vincent was a huge fan of the latest Perfume Genius album and she loves Steely Dan as well. That's not saying much but she's also a huge fan of Swans and was featured on their last album for a few songs so that sounds like a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Surprised Katy Perry has never been onstage at Coachella despite attending at least 4 years.
    I actually was standing in front of her and Florence Welch for the beginning of OutKast's w1 set last year haha. Katy was...pretty high

Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    Maybe Jessy Lanza with Caribou since she sang on a track from the new album.

LOVE Jessy Lanza. One of my favorite new artists from 2014. Was disappointed she wasn't on the lineup to begin with, so I'd love that guest spot

Basically the one thing I'm hoping for as well.

I been workin' OOOOOH-TEEEE, over time and outta towwwwwnnnn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjwalsh52 View Post
    Who cares if she/he made an account just to make this topic? Who are you? Why does your opinion matter? You may think it does with 328 posts on this board but in reality you, myself with a few posts and the veteran with a million posts are just people behind a screen. Get over yourself and go pick on some little kids if you're bored........ Uh-huh, that's a good bitch
    Who the fuck are you? I never said my opinion mattered. Take your little bitch ass off the board where you belong and let the people with no lives behind screens carry on.

AC/DC | Alabama Shakes | Charles Bradley | FlyLo | Raekwon & Ghostface Killah | Caribou | Todd Terje | Squarepusher

Jack White | Ratatat | Run the Jewels | The War on Drugs | Tycho | Chet Faker | Swans | Jungle | Gaslamp Killer | Parquet Courts

St. Vincent | Circa Survive | Brand New | Kygo | Odesza | Duke Dumont | Built to Spill | St. Lucia | OFF! | Claude VonStroke

The following have guested with Drake over the past couple years at his "festival" in Toronto:

Lauryn Hill
    PartyNextDoor
    DJ Khaled
    YG
    Trey Songs
    Big Sean
    Weeknd
    TLC
    Lil Mama
    J. Cole
    Miguel
    MA$E
    ASAp Rocky
    Kanye
    Lil Wayne
    Rick Ross
    French Montana
    Kardinal Offishall
    Mack Mama
    Faboulous
    Eminem
    Jay-Z
    this would really bum me out. i really thought they'd be on the lineup this year. =(

Ryan hemsworth will bring tinashe, dawn golden and koto.

Mų will bring out Iggy..
    ACDC/Ride/Porter Robinson/Caribou/Hot Natured/Cloud Nothings/Charles Bradley/Ryan Hemsworth

Ratatat/Hozier/FKA Twigs/Father John Misty/Run the Jewels/Drive Like Jehu/Glass Animals/Royal Blood/Alison Wonderland/Cashmere Cat/Perfume Genius

Drake/St. Vincent/Brand New/Gesaffelstein/Lil B/Circa Survive/Despaprecidos/Touche Amore/Joyce Manor/Mų/The Cribs

Jack White could have anyone from any of his previous bands, but I feel confident Meg will make an appearance. Members of Dead Weather/Raconteurs very likely as well.
    Not sure why you think Meg will show up. They aren't friends/don't speak and she has pretty bad anxiety which is why she doesn't perform live anymore.

Now on another note, here's hoping BadBadNotGood and Doom come out during Ghostface & Raekwon's set but it's more likely Meg would show up before Doom does.

Not sure why you think Meg will show up. They aren't friends/don't speak and she has pretty bad anxiety which is why she doesn't perform live anymore.
    These are good points, and rethinking it, it does seem unlikely. I guess I should have worded my post "I really WANT Meg to show up" instead, haha. Anyway, whoever he does bring out will be awesome I'm sure.

Fri: Todd Terje and the Olsens, Caribou, Kele, Sylvan Esso, Hot Natured, ACxDC, Kiesza, Kimbra, Gorgon City, Tame Impala
    Sat: Jack White, Toro y Moi, Yelle, Ratatat, Jungle, Belle & Sebastian, FKA twigs, Antemasque, Tycho, SBTRKT
    Sun: Tiger and Woods, St. Vincent, MŲ, Jenny Lewis, Madeon, Odesza, Marina and the Diamonds, Duke Dumont, RAC, Panda Bear

SBTRKT will be the big surprise guest act I think. I know Alesso is bringing out a handful of singers. I imagine Drake will have his homies there. I doubt Jack will bring out Meg but here's to hoping for Alison Mosshart and a Dead Weather moment.
    anything could happen

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

highly doubt jack will bring anyone on stage who could possibly take attention away from him for even a split-second.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Thankfully, this is the most likely year that no headliner has any special guests. I really doubt Drake pulls a Kanye, but man would it be funny to hear everyone bitch about it later. "No Niki! No Weeknd! NO WAYNE! UGH! WHAT'S THE POINT OF DRAKE HEADLINING IF HE DOESN'T BRING ALL HIS AWESOME FRIENDS?!?"
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 01-23-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    ACxDC 2015

Based on last year, where every band bringing out guests was basically the norm, I think it's safe to assume we will continue to see a ridiculous amount of guests. It seems like Coachella's way of trying to differentiate themselves and maintain their leading position among the hundreds of other festivals that have cropped up. I'm not for it or against it but it is a thing I noticed last year moreso than any other year previously.

Based on last year, where every band bringing out guests was basically the norm, I think it's safe to assume we will continue to see a ridiculous amount of guests. It seems like Coachella's way of trying to differentiate themselves and maintain their leading position among the hundreds of other festivals that have cropped up. I'm not for it or against it but it is a thing I noticed last year moreso than any other year previously.
    Same here.

The media has come to expect it, and has special reports just to cover this topic. Pretty lame, but it is a "thing" now. Just like celebrity fashions at Coachella.
    How many animals can you find in the 2015 Coachella lineup?

Lauryn Hill
    Party Next Door
    DJ Khaled
    YG
    Trey Songs
    Big Sean
    Weeknd
    TLC
    Lil Mama
    J. Cole
    Miguel
    MA$E
    ASAp Rocky
    Kanye
    Lil Wayne
    Rick Ross
    French Montana
    Kardinal Offishall
    Mack Mama
    Faboulous
    Eminem
    Jay-Z
    I want him to bring out DJ Khaled just so I can hear him say 'DJ Khaled' at the start of the track live haha.

I was a bit surprised that Future came out last year during Outkast last year. Would be happy with Lauryn Hill, J Cole, French Montana, Ricky Rose or YG.

I reckon members of TDE will come out with Ab-Soul.

Its working...
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    What asshole brings an iPad to a hippie fire circle?