Thread: Ride 2015

Default Ride 2015

Hey Goldenvoice, please book the recently reunited band Ride for Coachella 2015, they are one of the best bands of all time. Andy Bell helped get the group back together after Beady Eye broke up, and hey are touring Europe in May and June of next year. Ride would be superb for Coachella 2015, maybe their first American show in about 2 decades. Even younger audience members who weren't around during Ride's heyday will love their performance.

Default Re: Ride 2015

SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED. I agree 100%
    NEW SIG

serious question: if they were playing Coachella, wouldn't Coachella have been the first announcement of their reunion? isn't it more likely to be FYF?

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Even younger audience members who weren't around during Ride's heyday will love their performance.
    They'll convert all the 20-year olds into rabid fans just like The Stone Roses did.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

The Postal Service were announced for Primavera before Coachella in 2013, but played Coachella first.

From the latest issue of NME:

Gardener says the handful of shows will merely test the water, with more very likely to be added soon.
    I'm assuming by "test the water" he's talking about ticket sales, because adding shows after that first one in May can't really be called "soon." I'm cautiously optimistic!
    Last edited by AlexRice; 11-20-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRice View Post
    The Postal Service were announced for Primavera before Coachella in 2013, but played Coachella first.
    the original post of the poster from creation records came with the accompanying text “Ride Reunion 2015 photo from Primavera this morning” before it was deleted and re-upped without the text. I don't know if that means primavera financed the poster or where the poster was located, but i don't remember anything like that for the postal service announcement. could go either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    serious question: if they were playing Coachella, wouldn't Coachella have been the first announcement of their reunion? isn't it more likely to be FYF?
    I agree with this. As much as I'd love to see Ride happen at Coachella, I think Goldenvoice wants bands like this playing FYF. I'm fine with it though. I feel like the crowd there will be more into it than Coachella. Slowdive was amazing at FYF this year, so I'm expecting a similar turnout for Ride.
    Last edited by westernwarrior; 11-20-2014 at 03:15 PM.

I'd only prefer them to reunite at Coachella because I don't want to go back to FYF next year

old school

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRice View Post
    Rolling Stone/Billboard confirmed Postal Service at Coachella before the 2013 Primavera lineup was announced.

Coachella had contractual rights to be first with reunion news but the Coachella lineup announcement was delayed 2 weeks when headliners weren't nailed down.

Ride's album "Nowhere" is one of my favorite albums of all time, if they played that album in its entirety, and a few other songs, it would be epic.

Pitchfork will probably book them for next summer. Like they did with Slowdive.

Maybe if they play Lush will play. Lets get some Shoegazer/Britpop going that happened before the Blur/Oasis war

Quote Originally Posted by LushCiao View Post
    Maybe if they play Lush will play. Lets get some Shoegazer/Britpop going that happened before the Blur/Oasis war
    Lush would be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by mb1234 View Post
    I'd only prefer them to reunite at Coachella because I don't want to go back to FYF next year
    actually feel quite the opposite...i think i'm done with brochella..unless it's a killer lineup(doubt it though)
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

I read an interview on NME with Andy Bell and Mark Gardener of Ride, they said when they play live, 90% of their material will be off the earlier EP and the first two LPs. That alone should make Goldenvoice book Ride for Coachella 2015, it would be epic and a mind blower. They also may have a few new songs by then.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    actually feel quite the opposite...i think i'm done with brochella..unless it's a killer lineup(doubt it though)
    What is this 'brochella"? I could not find that word on Urban Dictionary.

Ride would be killer at Coachella. Put them in the Mogwai spot from last year playing "Nowhere" from start to finish and it's guaranteed that much shit will be lost at that set.
    Coachella '13 W1, '14 W2
    That is pretty delicious right there.

DEP Gustavo Cerati, 1959-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My jimmies are slowly rustling...

I would love to see Ride anywhere. I thought for sure they would be on the Austin Psych Fest bill, so hopefully they appear somewhere on Coachella's lineup.