Thread: Disclosure!

Default Disclosure!

They're definitely my guilty pleasure as I've seen them every time they're in town Constant touring schedule including 15 shows in 2 years, (Glasslands, Mercury Lounge, Bowery Ballroom, Music Hall of Williamsburg, 2 x Output, 1 x Panther Room, Webster Hall, Central Park Summerstage, The Wall, 3 x Terminal 5, Governors Ball, and Pier 94) they deserve all the success with this new album coming out in September!!!

Here's two new tracks they played last weekend at their own Parklife festival...

w/ Kwabs

w/ Jillian Harvey of LION BABE

7/28 The Appleseed Cast @ WH
    7/29 Howling/Ame @ Output
    7/30 Primus/Dinosaur Jr @ Pier 97
    7/30 Benji B/Martyn @ Output
    8/1 Tiga/Bob Moses/Gavin Russom @ PS1

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Default Re: Disclosure!

You couldn't use the search function to post in any of the numerous threads about them? You fucking idiot piece of shit go back to piece of shit Jersey with your piece of shit governor
    DREAM BIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    They're definitely my guilty pleasure
    Apart from the reasons stinkbutt succinctly articulated, you truly are a piece of shit for this too, Spooks. Disclosure have received widespread critical acclaim and have wide commercial appeal, but you have to qualify your enjoyment of them as a guilty pleasure because they long ago reached the mainstream and dare to condescend to an audience with broader taste than the online circle jerk of 50,000 mostly joyless electronic music snobs. Like what you like you stupid knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

You don't understand, it's a guilty pleasure for Spooks because he spends all his time at oh-so-exclusive and VERY underground places like Output and Verboten and all kinds of other totes cool NYC electronic hotspots which aren't at all overrun by soulless faux-hipster dickbags searching for the next pre-trend they can glom on to. That is of course, when he's not pretending to go to metal shows and hiding from the pit at St. Vitus.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

^ I love how this kid from Connecticut thinks Output and Verboten are underground places Keep trying, bro!

Time to talk about Disclosure! Scored tickets for MSG

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

New Jerey kid looking down on Connecticut kids lol ok
    DREAM BIGGER

Has anyone gotten tickets for the LA show?

$81.35 with fees for floor tickets. Damn, that's a bold move. I'm struggling to think if there's a band I'd pay that much to see (provided it's not some super reunion or last chance show sort of thing).
    8/1-8/2 - HARD Summer ~~ 8/11 - Hot Chip ~~ 8/22 - Heart ~~ 9/20 - Empire of the Sun ~~ 10/10-10/11 CRSSD Fest

Why the fuck would you go see an act 15 times that has played basically the same set at every show?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    ^ I love how this kid from Connecticut thinks Output and Verboten are underground places Keep trying, bro!

Time to talk about Disclosure! Scored tickets for MSG
    Apparently they don't have sarcasm in New Jersey. Let me spell it out for you, Hiro.

You see, you quantified Disclosure as your "guilty pleasure" so we'd all know that you'd normally never touch that mainstream EDM garbage with a ten foot pole. You know, because you're so hip and cool and on the cutting edge and all.

My mentioning of Output and Verboten as "oh-so-exclusive and VERY underground" was meant to underscore that they're nothing fucking special and that you thinking that you are in some way too good for an act like Disclosure to the point where you have to qualify your fandom as a "guilty pleasure" is a fucking joke. You see, I highlighted the fact that those clubs AREN'T exclusive nor "underground" by referring to them as such, and by using capital letters. I understand that you might have struggled to understand this given your basic lack of understanding as to how anyone interacts either online or in the real world. Perhaps if I had copied and pasted it from somewhere else, or posted it by using a link in a thread completely unrelated to this one, you might have understood. I'll leave you to return to your regularly scheduled programming of foolishly slobbering over music on social media as a way of filling the emptiness of your sad and terrifyingly stunted life while managing to avoid facing the fact that you're a tremendous wanker.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

$21 in service fees??!? That's 33%. Boooooooo. Booooooo. (I'll still might try to go lol)

!!!

We wanted to create something very different with our music videos this time around, something unique that would connect all the songs from the album and the videos in a special way.
    This is the first of a series of four amazing videos directed by Ryan Hope that come together to create a short film… 'CARACAL' so, as each music video comes out... The plot unfolds. We hope you enjoy!

Someone bump this thread when openers are announced. thanks.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/1 Chemical Brothers @HARD Summer - 8/5 Juanes @OC Fair - 8/6 Django Django @El Rey- 8/11 Hot Chip @Greek - 8/15 Superhumanoids @Echo Park Rising - 8/21 Drums @Glasshouse - 8/22&23 FYF Fest - 9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - GOTHTOBER IAMX takes over Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

This fall, Disclosure will launch their biggest U.S. tour yet, with an ambitious new stage design overseen by the brothers. "We've completely rearranged and reinvented everything," says Guy. "It's a really forward-thinking show. I've never seen anything like it." Each song in the set list will get its own visual treatment, with custom staging elements and video screens moving around the venue accordingly. "I like the idea that if someone tweets a picture at the start of the show, and someone else takes a picture at the end, they'll think it was a different show," says Howard.

They're most excited for their October 24th headlining date at Madison Square Garden — a major milestone for the Lawrence brothers, who grew up idolizing arena-scale prog-rock bands like Rush and Genesis. "My dad gave me a VHS of Led Zeppelin playing there when I was about three, and I used to play drums along to it," Guy says of the Garden. "So that's definitely going to be the most special for me."
    Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...#ixzz3f7pm8gqw

Disclosure kick off their first show on Beats 1 today with Jimmy Napes and Jonas Rathsman in the studio plus new music from MJ Cole, Melé and Eats Everything. If you love Disclosure...don't miss it!
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/post/ids...a-8b4238173ca2

Boom! 2nd track on the lp

Big news everyone! The second single from our forthcoming second album ‘Caracal’ is a song we wrote with Jimmy Napes and SAM SMITH! It’s called ‘Omen’, UK you can pre-order now! http://po.st/Omen1
    We are sooo excited for you to hear it, and so happy to have been back in the studio with our brothers once again. More news next week! x

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Why do you keep bumping this month old Disclosure thread when there's a perfectly fine one from 2013 that's still being used? This one doesn't even have enough exclamation points in the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

you don't like Spooks segregating himself into his own threads?