Because life is too short to let an asshole's name get indelibly attached to a great band of nice people, behold the alternative Arcade Fire thread.
A new breed of kinder, gentler Arcade Fire thread, here shall their music be discussed without fear of weird competitions about who can like music better, or unnecessary extremes of blind hatred, or creepy excesses of moist, clammy fan love. Look, here's a nice gentle picture to set the tone:
Now remember, when choosing your preferred Arcade Fire thread, take care and heed the following:
- I didn't hear them before you, nor will I claim to.
- Liking Arcade Fire doesn't have to be a competitive exercise.
- Yes, it's okay not to like his voice.
- Yes, he does have weird hair. It's supposed to be weird.
- Yes, it does blow that you didn't get tickets/ that poster/ that limited 7" etc. This is not necessarily a failure on your part, nor are you a fundamentally defective person as a result.
- No, you do not have to forfeit your sense of hearing just because you didn't see them play in a phone booth, back when there were only two members trying to play a single shared kazoo they fashioned themselves solely for your benefit.
- Their quality is not, in fact, legally required to be discussed only in relation to that of other bands, including - but not limited to - Muse.
- If you don't like their music, well, you're some kind of weirdo, and probably find otters sexually attractive or something. But whatever, that's a lifestyle choice. So long as you keep it out of my damn backyard, you disgusting freak, I can deal with the concept of you not liking them. Even though it is obviously a failure of taste or fun, I'll respect your stupid opinion.
The Arcade Fire - for a better, more Canadian world.