Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Warren Needs To Be Our Next President

Default Elizabeth Warren Needs To Be Our Next President

She's the only US politician with a spine. The best thing Hillary Clinton could do for this country is get out of the way and endorse this woman. This speech is fucking awesome.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Needs To Be Our Next President

signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

"It should have broken you into pieces."

pow pow pow pow pow

7/30: The Chemical Brothers @ The Armory
    7/31: Worker/Parasite @ Underground SF
    8/7-8/9: Outside Lands Music Festival
    8/8: Holly Herndon @ The Chapel

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

She is the best

As someone who actually lives in Massachusetts, I run into more and more people who don't like her and wish they had kept Scott Brown into office. I voted for her for Senator, I probably wouldn't vote for her again if another party's candidate was at least a strong moderate, but I wouldn't vote for her as president. She's a great orator, but orators don't make for good leaders as President Obama has proven.

I did read an interesting theory that the Democratic Party was going to use her as a pawn come the election, though, as a means to make Hillary look more desirable since Hillary's game plan is kinda out of fashion in 2014 vs. Elizabeth Warren's, and it will force Hillary to move into that same direction in order to win the nomination and voters.

Love her, though Hillary would have a much better chance of (you know) actually winning.
    L7 | KMFDM | Blondie | The Kills | OSL | FYF | Riot Fest Denver | The B-52's | Cut Copy (LIVE) | LIB | Garbage | CRSSD | Wolf Alice | Azealia Banks | Beach Goth 4 | Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i have been in love with her since i saw her on the 2006 documentary "maxed out". i really enjoy her financial positions. i just hope she doesn't turn into a war hawk. i haven't seen much evidence to prove this though, outside of crazy libertarian bullshit. i am pretty sure she voted against going to syria, but she seems pretty pro-israel.

i'm still hopeful!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by pablomoney View Post
    She's a great orator, but orators don't make for good leaders as President Obama has proven.
    Yes, the disappointments of the Obama presidency definitely proves that great public speakers cannot lead. The ability to communicate one's thoughts and beliefs in an eloquent manner is not something we should seek in our elected officials. Simpleminded men of action make the best leaders, as George W. Bush has proven. That guy could barely string a sentence together and his presidency was a legendary success.

You don't seem particularly intelligent or well-spoken. Have you ever considered running for office?
    Last edited by bobert; 12-17-2014 at 05:13 PM.

She is our next Obama
    DREAM BIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Yes, the disappointments of the Obama presidency definitely proves that great public speakers cannot lead. The ability to communicate one's thoughts and beliefs in an eloquent manner is not something we should seek in our elected officials. Simpleminded men of action make make the best leaders, as George W. Bush has proven. That guy could barely string a sentence together and his presidency was a legendary success.

You don't seem particularly intelligent or well-spoken. Have you ever considered running for office?
    "She's a great orator, but orators don't always make for good leaders as President Obama has proven."

Sentence fixed so you can stop crying bloody murder over an on-the-fly comment containing an absolute written on a festival music site.

LOL at people who take things written on the Internet way too seriously...

Why would you not take things on the Internet seriously? They're going to be here for, at very least, a very long time. We should all aim to represent ourselves in the clearest way possible for that reason alone, not to mention the fact that conversations don't tend to work very well when people are too lazy to think through their statements before making them.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Tell that to all the kids on Twitter. I'm sure they're practicing your reason day in and day out as they basically publicly execute one another to the point where they contemplate hanging themselves in closets all because someone who likes Drake doesn't like what they said about not liking Drake.

Well, this place isn't Twitter. Twitter is not a good place for conversation and critical discourse. This place is. Don't start whining and crying, up your game instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Well, this place isn't Twitter. Twitter is not a good place for conversation and critical discourse. This place is. Don't start whining and crying, up your game instead.
    This is spot on.

-------

I like Elizabeth Warren a lot as well, I agree with her ideas generally and I like that she doesn't bullshit. One of Obama's weaknesses, I felt, was that he was eager to find the middle and put himself in conciliatory positions before he really had to, leading to the right demanding even more from him. I doubt we'd see the same from Warren, but it wouldn't hurt to have her in Congress longer before she ran for president.

I do not like that Hilary voted for the Iraq War. Has she said anything about that vote in more recent years? I seem to recall her justifying her decision, but I'm not sure.

Tell that to all the kids on Twitter. I'm sure they're practicing your reason day in and day out as they basically publicly execute one another to the point where they contemplate hanging themselves in closets all because someone who likes Drake doesn't like what they said about not liking Drake.
    They also look like idiots and kids. Are you 12? If not, try to converse like an adult. Just because some people take little effort to appear educated doesn't mean that is a functional excuse or a deflect for your own lack of clarity.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I actually believe her when she says she's not running. And, honestly, I hope she doesn't. I think she can be far more effective in the Senate at this stage. The Presidency will require far more compromise and she will not be able to have this laser focus on economic policy.

Edited to say: Icey, yes, Hillary has said that she regrets the decision to vote in favor of invading Iraq. She repeated this multiple times during her book tour.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    This is spot on.

-------

I like Elizabeth Warren a lot as well, I agree with her ideas generally and I like that she doesn't bullshit. One of Obama's weaknesses, I felt, was that he was eager to find the middle and put himself in conciliatory positions before he really had to, leading to the right demanding even more from him. I doubt we'd see the same from Warren, but it wouldn't hurt to have her in Congress longer before she ran for president.
    She's too old to wait. If Hillary gets the nomination her winning the general is basically a forgone conclusion which would put warren in for 2024 at the age of 75.

regarding her intentions, i don't think she's given anyone a reason to not take her at her word when she says she's not running.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 12-17-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    I actually believe her when she says she's not running. And, honestly, I hope she doesn't. I think she can be far more effective in the Senate at this stage. The Presidency will require far more compromise and she will not be able to have this laser focus on economic policy.
    I think she's an honest, nice women.

I agree that a "consumer advocate" like herself has no business making executive business decisions.

Citi is the biggest bank in the United States, so it only follows that they wield an enormous amount of power on capitol hill. It also follows that the best and most experienced economists and financiers would be drawn out of the biggest and most involved bank to fill public positions. She's rolling it up into a "conspiracy theory" in which Citi is supposedly, actively trying to infiltrate our government with their former employees.

She's upset that Citi lobbies congress; as if every other trade-union, industrial conglomerate, insurance company etc. does not do the same exact thing. She picks on Citi because they are the biggest, yet she, the "law maker", failed to cite a single law they broke.

She's right in saying that both Republicans and Democrats do not "like" bail-outs: they don't know how to explain why they are ever necessary to their constituents.

She's upset that Citi received bail-out money: as if they had a choice in the matter; as if they did not pay every dime back; as if the bail-out in general wasn't completely necessary to prevent a systemic global financial collapse.

Her plan is to BREAK UP CITI. That is no plan: it's hot rhetorical air.

As if Citi was some omnipotent kingdom headed by a self-serving despot. It's a publicly traded company with the same share-price risk exposure to the open market that every other public company has.

The World owns Citi; and Elizabeth Warren couldn't put together a deal to break this up because she doesn't understand it:

Owner Name /Shares Held

VANGUARD GROUP INC 147,096,051
    STATE STREET CORP 133,288,637
    BARCLAYS GLOBAL INVESTORS UK HOLDINGS LTD 80,536,286
    FMR LLC 73,619,943
    WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP 53,596,981
    BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORP 52,297,079
    INVESCO LTD. 46,526,545
    JPMORGAN CHASE & CO 46,003,158
    NORTHERN TRUST CORP 41,818,384
    FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC 37,254,074
    CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS 33,840,574
    BLACKROCK FUND ADVISORS 30,822,080
    PRICE T ROWE ASSOCIATES INC /MD/ 28,163,501
    Last edited by WithVigor; 12-17-2014 at 07:00 PM.

"She's a great orator, but orators don't always make for good leaders as President Obama has proven."

Sentence fixed so you can stop crying bloody murder over an on-the-fly comment containing an absolute written on a festival music site.

LOL at people who take things written on the Internet way too seriously...
    You're absolutely right, I take the issues that Mrs. Warren raises extremely seriously. I'm not a rich person, and neither are my friends or family. Every single person in my life was affected in one way or another by the financial crisis that was caused by Wall Street crooks like Citigroup. Please don't mistake that sentiment as me taking you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by WithVigor View Post
    I think she's an honest, nice women.

I agree that a "consumer advocate" like herself has no business making executive business decisions.

Citi is the biggest bank in the United States, so it only follows that they wield an enormous amount of power on capitol hill. It also follows that the best and most experienced economists and financiers would be drawn out of the biggest and most involved bank to fill public positions. She's rolling it up into a "conspiracy theory" in which Citi is supposedly, actively trying to infiltrate our government with their former employees.

She's upset that Citi lobbies congress; as if every other trade-union, industrial conglomerate, insurance company etc. does not do the same exact thing. She picks on Citi because they are the biggest, yet she, the "law maker", failed to cite a single law they broke.

She's right in saying that both Republicans and Democrats do not "like" bail-outs: they don't know how to explain why they are ever necessary to their constituents.

She's upset that Citi received bail-out money: as if they had a choice in the matter; as if they did not pay every dime back; as if the bail-out in general wasn't completely necessary to prevent a systemic global financial collapse.

Her plan is to BREAK UP CITI. That is no plan: it's hot rhetorical air.

As if Citi was some omnipotent kingdom headed by a self-serving despot. It's a publicly traded company with the same share-price risk exposure to the open market that every other public company has.

The World owns Citi; and Elizabeth Warren couldn't put together a deal to break this up because she doesn't understand it:

Owner Name /Shares Held

VANGUARD GROUP INC 147,096,051
    STATE STREET CORP 133,288,637
    BARCLAYS GLOBAL INVESTORS UK HOLDINGS LTD 80,536,286
    FMR LLC 73,619,943
    WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP 53,596,981
    BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORP 52,297,079
    INVESCO LTD. 46,526,545
    JPMORGAN CHASE & CO 46,003,158
    NORTHERN TRUST CORP 41,818,384
    FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC 37,254,074
    CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS 33,840,574
    BLACKROCK FUND ADVISORS 30,822,080
    PRICE T ROWE ASSOCIATES INC /MD/ 28,163,501
    Hey man, I don't care what the hell you're calling yourself these days, but those publicly traded companies you cite would be bankrupt right now if they didn't buy the biggest mulligan in the history of modern economics. Warren called out Citigroup because they robbed the American people of a half a trillion dollars. They're the biggest bank and they perpetrated the biggest theft. And they wield so much financial influence on our government that they're literally holding its very operation hostage. This is a perversion of capitalism on an unprecedented scale. Not only did these people run our economy into the ground, they're demanding the legislative authority to do it again if they lose another trillion dollar bet backed by taxpayer dollars. Those numbers you list are meaningless. When real companies lose all their money they cease to exist. Time and time again I've seen people plead that other board-members stop responding to your nonsense. I finally agree. I suppose it's possible that you'll switch medications and create a new alias that I'll unwittingly engage, but your brand of idiocy is pretty unmistakable.

The tax-payer made 15 billion dollars on Citi bail-out
    http://fortune.com/2013/09/10/govern...group-bailout/

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Time and time again I've seen people plead that other board-members stop responding to your nonsense. I finally agree. I suppose it's possible that you'll switch medications and create a new alias that I'll unwittingly engage, but your brand of idiocy is pretty unmistakable.
    Take it to twitter. Or learn to accept that there exists opinions different from your own and respond to them like an adult.

The provision at issue here was the repeal of part of Dodd-Frank that prohibited banks from trading large custom swaps through their federally insured entities. Banks could still trade over the counter derivatives, and they could still trade bespoke swaps through non-insured entities. What this provision did was repeal that barrier and allow banks to trade riskier swaps in insured entities, thereby increasing the chance they need to be bailed out again if the swaps fail.

So when you say "they don't know how to explain why they are ever necessary," I have a feeling Warren gets it. Provisions like THIS are why they are necessary, and that's why she (and others) were trying to stop it.

And the idea that Warren is just a "great orator" is ridiculous. She had a distinguished career as a wonk in regulatory finance before running for Senate.

I think Jim Webb has a good shot at getting the nomination. He has a good record on poverty, criminal justice, and financial reform. I don't like his stance on gun control (or lack there of), and even though he was against the Iraq war, I'm still a bit uncertain on his foreign policy positions. Still, he seems like someone who could build a strong coalition.

Take it to twitter. Or learn to accept that there exists opinions different from your own and respond to them like an adult.
    It's seriously time for an IP ban on this dipshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

People, as long as we're advancing the case of long shot liberal Senators from New England, let's go all-in (and pick someone who is talking about actually running):

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

^for real tho

I think people are just hyped on Warren because of Hilary. There is all this hype now for a female president, so you get the choice of horrible and no chance in hell. Bernie is great and could have a really good shot. If he runs as an independent Hilary is fucked.
    DREAM BIGGER

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i am hyped on warren because i loved her work in financial regulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Bernie is great and could have a really good shot. If he runs as an independent Hilary is fucked.
    Bernie is great but he doesn't have anything close to a good shot, because our country is full of people even dumber than Vigo.

7/30: The Chemical Brothers @ The Armory
    7/31: Worker/Parasite @ Underground SF
    8/7-8/9: Outside Lands Music Festival
    8/8: Holly Herndon @ The Chapel

Hey.

Anyways, 70 of your Democrats voted to amend the 716 provision.

Can you blame them. They only took advice from the president.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-budget-deal/
    Last edited by WithVigor; 12-18-2014 at 12:12 PM.