Page 389 of 452 FirstFirst ... 384385386387388389390391392393394 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,670 of 13559

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

  1. #11641
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,787

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Out of the following options, which one dessert would you have if you could not eat another of the others listed ever again.

    Mud Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Red Velvet Cake
    Plain vanilla cake
    Cheesecake
    Tiramisu
    Boysen berry Pie
    Hard to choose between Pumpkin, Cheesecake, and tiramisu but I will have to go with cheesecake. Plus you can cheat and get a Tiramisu cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory ;-)

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2),15(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    The Jesus and Mary Chain 5/16, Spoon 5/28, Neutral Milk Hotel 6/1, Sufjan Stevens 6/5&6, Charli XCX & Bleachers 7/23, Death Grips 7/25, Taylor Swift 8/14
    Events
    SDCC 7/9-12/2015, Outside Lands 8/7-9/2015

  2. #11642
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Hard to choose between Pumpkin, Cheesecake, and tiramisu but I will have to go with cheesecake. Plus you can cheat and get a Tiramisu cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory ;-)
    Robin: Did you secretly go to the bro cruise and create an alias?

  3. #11643
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Robin,
    If you could kill any three celebrities with no consequences, who would you kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  4. #11644
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,657

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Robin,
    If you could kill any board member with no consequences, who would you kill?

    and by kill I mean ban.

  5. #11645
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,376

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Hey Robin,

    Thanks for answering questions this week. I feel like I know you just a smidge more.

    Last one.

    I went out to a coffee house last week that had an open mic night for comedians. Being incredibly brown and fat, I could not help but notice that a majority of the crowd was white. The first comedian was Armenian and his monologue was quite racist towards his culture. A Hispanic woman and Japanese man followed suit. I actually thought of some of your answers from last week in combination to that night and it made me want to ask you the following.

    Robin, what’s the deal with some of your offhanded comments towards your culture? Is it you fucking around or your way of dealing with the hate in Connecticut?
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  6. #11646
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,256

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    The standards:

    1. If you HAD to genocide a group of people but the criteria for who deserves to be exterminated can be anything you want... what group would die and why? The following criteria are not acceptable: race, creed, religion, any other shit like that. It has to be something you can justify as a legitimate way to improve the global population by weeding out a hazardous element based on something insightful. Like, you can't just say "rapists." You have to say, "guys who wear backwards baseball caps, because it would reduce the rape rates."
    So after very little thought on this question, the first group of people that popped in my head and constantly stayed there was Prius drivers. I truly believe that killing off all Prius drivers would greatly reduce the amount of asshole drivers on the road. By taking them out of the equation, it will also diminish the amount of accidents and road rage, making the roads a safer place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    What cunty thing were you doing that made your brother punch you at the dinner table?
    I was probably just being the annoying little sister. We're all very close in age, so we got into a lot of fights (There's only a 3 year difference between my eldest brother and me).

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Here comes Amy to make things boring and depressing. Thanks a fucking lot, Amy.

    Robin, have you ever comped one of the customers at the massage parlour? Also, please provide directions to it and your schedule for the coming week.
    NEVER! You know how far that $5 would get me? But I stopped working at the parlor once it got raided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Out of the following options, which one dessert would you have if you could not eat another of the others listed ever again.

    Mud Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Red Velvet Cake
    Plain vanilla cake
    Cheesecake
    Tiramisu
    Boysen berry Pie
    Cheesecake!!
    I am now craving it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Robin: Did you secretly go to the bro cruise and create an alias?
    Caught! So glad I went to the gym, got a tan, and did laundry before I went on that cruise. Definitely helped with my swag.

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Robin,
    If you could kill any three celebrities with no consequences, who would you kill?
    Paris Hilton
    Nicki Minaj
    Lindsey Lohan

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Robin,
    If you could kill any board member with no consequences, who would you kill?

    and by kill I mean ban.
    I love everyone.
    Wait... is that Amnesiac guy still around? He's kinda creepy.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Hey Robin,

    Thanks for answering questions this week. I feel like I know you just a smidge more.

    Last one.

    I went out to a coffee house last week that had an open mic night for comedians. Being incredibly brown and fat, I could not help but notice that a majority of the crowd was white. The first comedian was Armenian and his monologue was quite racist towards his culture. A Hispanic woman and Japanese man followed suit. I actually thought of some of your answers from last week in combination to that night and it made me want to ask you the following.

    Robin, what’s the deal with some of your offhanded comments towards your culture? Is it you fucking around or your way of dealing with the hate in Connecticut?
    Just fucking around. It's easier to get away with making fun of my own culture without sounding too racist. I've encountered some people who truly seemed offended when I said "all white people look alike."

  7. #11647
    Member RedHotSgtPeppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    1,703

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    If you said "all white people look alike" to me, I would laugh and give you a high five (preferably with an explosion in the background.)
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

  8. #11648
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,039

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I truly believe that killing off all Prius drivers would greatly reduce the amount of asshole drivers on the road. By taking them out of the equation, it will also diminish the amount of accidents and road rage, making the roads a safer place.
    These are the two greatest sentences you have every posted in here. Well done.

  9. #11649
    Member HowToDisappear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    So after very little thought on this question, the first group of people that popped in my head and constantly stayed there was Prius drivers. I truly believe that killing off all Prius drivers would greatly reduce the amount of asshole drivers on the road. By taking them out of the equation, it will also diminish the amount of accidents and road rage, making the roads a safer place.
    I read this with the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's Messiah pealing through my head. So happy to know I'm not alone in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

  10. #11650
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,648

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Yeah what the fuck is it with Prius drivers? A false sense of entitlement?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    So it turns out Jesus is a LOT like cr***

  11. #11651
    Member HowToDisappear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Well, that. And the very prominent fuel consumption gauges that put psychological pressure on the driver to lessen consumption. It slows them down, increases their efficiency, and thoroughly fucks all the rest of us up. I was just thinking the other day that Prius drivers are to this generation what Cadillac drivers were to my parents' generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

  12. #11652
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,039

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    or what Volvo drivers were 15 years ago. The worst. You know what happens when you have a media saturation ad campaign highlighting how safe your cars are? All the bad drivers, who know they need extra protection because they suck at driving so bad, rush out and by them.

  13. #11653
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,648

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    The cars are fucking ugly too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    So it turns out Jesus is a LOT like cr***

  14. #11654
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,256

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I found this article quite amusing.
    http://gas2.org/2012/03/21/study-pri...e-like-pricks/

    Living in the bay area, there are Prius drivers everywhere. I really don't know how many times I got stuck behind a slow driver on the highway, or almost taken out by one because they would try to switch lanes without checking their blindspot. I drive a Honda Pilot, so it's not like I'm difficult to see.
    Recently, there were news articles about this Prius driver that was recording a group of motorcyclists on his phone and he ended up crashing into 2 of them. He ended up getting beaten by the rest of the riders.

  15. #11655
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    A Prius is fuled by the smugness of it's driver

  16. #11656
    old school Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,256

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    New member: I select IceyHotShot

    What characteristics do you look for when choosing a potential significant other?

    If you got to pick any 3 board members to deflower you, who would they be?
    Last edited by Robin; 06-04-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  17. #11657
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Living in LA and driving a fancy fast car, I'm surprised at how terrible Prius drIvers are... They cut people off, swerve a ton and find it necessary to gun it at every light

  18. #11658

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I'll come back here tonight and answer these, typing out long responses on my phone at work is no bueno.

  19. #11659
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    IceyHotShot, can you please give us your best and most-detailed description of what you think sex feels like?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

  20. #11660
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,648

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Two bags of sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    So it turns out Jesus is a LOT like cr***

  21. #11661
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    22,099

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    IHS, if you could go back in time and live anywhere at anytime for a week, where and when would you go?

  22. #11662
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,376

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Two bags of sand.

    Butterscotch pudding
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  23. #11663
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Icy: Would you be interested in pegging?

  24. #11664
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, for now...
    Posts
    3,719

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    IHS: If you had both Jack White and Thom York falling of a cliff and you could only save one of them, who would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  25. #11665

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I'll save Robin's question for last since it'll be the tl;dr answer and none of you will want to read the rest if that's the first thing you see.

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    IceyHotShot, can you please give us your best and most-detailed description of what you think sex feels like?
    I imagine it's warm, moist, and tight. Or so one would hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    IHS, if you could go back in time and live anywhere at anytime for a week, where and when would you go?
    Mid 1800s California, during the gold rush - a massive, chaotic, historic event that would surely be interesting to experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Icy: Would you be interested in pegging?
    Had to look that up. Definitely not.

    Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    IHS: If you had both Jack White and Thom York falling of a cliff and you could only save one of them, who would it be?
    Would have to be Thom Yorke, if for no other reason than I've listened to Jack White less than a handful of times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    New member: I select IceyHotShot

    What characteristics do you look for when choosing a potential significant other?

    If you got to pick any 3 board members to deflower you, who would they be?
    I'll be honest, and say that a first requisite is some level of physical attraction. If I'm not attracted to the woman, then the rest isn't likely to follow. That doesn't mean that physical attraction is sufficient though. Ideally I would date someone who is passionate, ambitious, and educated. It doesn't really matter what she's passionate about, so long as I can respect whatever it is; I'm passionate about music, and I think it's easier to connect on a meaningful level with someone whose similarly passionate about their hobbies or pursuits. I'm an economist by profession, I enjoy thoughtful discussion, and more to the point, I'm a nerd. Ambition is really lacking among most women my age where I live, as the ones I've gone on dates with are perfectly content to continue working in a restaurant while they continue their 7th year of junior college. There's nothing wrong with going to a JC, or working in a restaurant, but I really don't understand not wanting to eventually move on from that kind of life.

    Big plusses if she's down to earth, can take jokes for what they are and not more, can (eventually) deal with my large family (I'm an 8th child, with 6 older brothers), and is willing to take things slow and steady in the beginning.

    As for your second question: I have serious doubts about answering that, haha. Sure, I'd be paying each boardie I mention a compliment, but wouldn't it be a bit rude at the same time? I'd rather not offend anyone. I guess if pressed I can answer.

  26. #11666
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    26,195

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Answer the fucking question, you pansy.

    5/22: Move D, Reaganz, Sassmouth @ Monarch
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/29: Spoon @ The Fox Theater, Oakland
    5/29: Max Cooper EMERGENCE @ PW
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent
    6/6: Matthew Dear, Daniel Bortz @ Public Works
    6/12: Christian Loeffler @ TBA
    6/17: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah @ The Independent
    6/21: Underworld, Jungle @ The Hollywood Bowl
    6/25: Until the Ribbon Breaks @ The Rickshaw Stop

  27. #11667

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Since you insist:

    kitt kat, Robin, guedita

    I will now await PMs from each of you.

  28. #11668
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I would hate fuck guedita. She seems like a real bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

  29. #11669
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    26,195

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Slam me down hard.

    5/22: Move D, Reaganz, Sassmouth @ Monarch
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/29: Spoon @ The Fox Theater, Oakland
    5/29: Max Cooper EMERGENCE @ PW
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent
    6/6: Matthew Dear, Daniel Bortz @ Public Works
    6/12: Christian Loeffler @ TBA
    6/17: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah @ The Independent
    6/21: Underworld, Jungle @ The Hollywood Bowl
    6/25: Until the Ribbon Breaks @ The Rickshaw Stop

  30. #11670
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Take notes, Icey. That's how you do it. Announce your intentions, tell them the ways in which they're worthless, penetrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

Similar Threads

  1. Board members who make music
    By corbo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 06:35 PM
  2. If this board had 95,000,000 members
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
  3. CBM Impressions of Board Members
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
  4. Hey Board Members...should I or shouldn't I???
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. PF/VET BOARD MEMBERS..... HELP ME....
    By take2andpass in forum Passes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •