Page 301 of 452 FirstFirst ... 296297298299300301302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,030 of 13559

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Brandon, you have made some classic pictures using your fine photoshop skills. Would you mind posting your Top 5 with a bit on why they are your personal favorites?
    I am going to go ahead and second this request.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    Sappy

Girthy-armed mismarta with the burning eyes is my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I am going to go ahead and second this request.
    I am also on this team.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I think Madrid was the beginning of the end, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Never going to let me live that one down, are you?
    Did you guys just quote the Road to fucking El Dorado?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    why are you ignoring courtney's question? what did she ever do to you?
    I saw it, and it is a great question. I am working on it.

I was gonna ask about this too. Courtney's question was one of the best ever posted on this thread. I think Brandon can do it justice, too.
    I am giving it my best.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Maybe he needs some extra time to formulate a proper answer?
    Pretty much this.

Maybe he should acknowlege the question at least.
    Courtney, I am working on it and have been since yesterday afternoon. Casting is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

brandon, if given the opportunity, will you ever allow yourself to dispense with your law-abiding ways and let someone give you road head or are you intent on remaining a pussy and denying yourself of that enjoyable rite of passage?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Courtney, I am working on it and have been since yesterday afternoon. Casting is hard.
    Thanks B. I have faith in you.

Geezr's aching for you B

so much.

it's been a while since i've gotten road head. i'll teach the kid how to do it right.

Brandon, Please describe, to your rapt audience, your absolute perfect day.
    You know what I'm talking about. Start from the moment you wake up to the moment you hit the hay. Details are most welcome.

My dad thinks Charlie Watts is an excellent drummer as well.
    It appears you are into his jazz/blues stuff.
    What are your thoughts on Dave Weckl? Terry Bozzio?
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i have never met a drummer that didn't jizz over Dave Weckl

my roommate/good friend and our mutual good friend, who are both named Steve, are both drummers. i have to listen to a LOT of drummer talk on a very regular basis.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Brandon, you have been chosen to re-make a well-known play, television show or film of your choosing. All characters will be played by Coachella board members. Which play, tv show or film do you choose and who do you cast and why?
    I have a couple of ideas for this. I mentioned earlier that I loved Clue, so let's do that. Also being that the cast is expansive I get to use a lot of board members. We will use the cast from the movie as opposed to the board game. Because we are remaking a movie. Right.

The Guys:

Wadsworth: Dave (1litro). Not many of you may know Dave well and admittedly I don't know him as well as I know others here, but for those that do know him, I think we can agree that this guy is Wadsworth. He possesses that charm that Wadsworth does, and if his photos of him and Ethery (howtodisappear) show us anything, it is that he has quite a versatile look and personality. I know he would play the part enthusiastically and give it his all by his photo scavenger hunt submission alone. This was a hard person to cast, but I am completely satisfied with this choice.

Colonel Mustard: Bryan (bmack). Just imagine the mustache possibilities. I would make it so he had a different one in every scene. Add in a fashionable brown suit and perhaps a monocle and it's like Bryan is just going out for a normal Thursday shopping trip at the grocery store. He was born for this role.

Professor Plum: Andrew (DrinkyMcDrinkerstein). I think if we got Andrew a pipe he would make for a good Prof. Plum. Tall and squirrely, he works for UNO WHO and was caught banging Sophia. For shame, Andrew.

Mr. Green: John (mountmccabe). John is like Mr. Green in that he is level headed and collected, and I am amused by imagining him and my pick for Yvette stumbling around the attic looking for the killer. Also him proclaiming that he was gay would be fun to watch. He would have to be ok with shooting Dave though, before "going home to sleep with his wife." This video works for the cop as well.

Mr. Boddy: Randy (Monklish). Mr. Boddy is kind of a dick. So. You know.

Motorist: Ryan (pancakespancakes) A small role but one not to be overlooked as this character needs to be slightly vulnerable and trusting. That is how I picture Ryan most of the time, and in addition to his slight timidness I think he would fill this role well. That is, until Bryan smacks him over the head with a wrench. Then he would be dead.

Cop: Salah (sbessio). Salah would play this role in the fanciful voice of Officer Barbrady from South Park, because that is how I imagine Salah acting as a cop. It would make the scene where the cop is convinced it's just a normal party far more funny, and then he would promptly be killed by a blow to the head from a lead pipe.

Police Chief: Tom (TomAz). Tom gets to come in at the end and kick ass in addition to arresting Mrs. Peacock in the second of the three endings. I would like to see him arrest Mrs. Peacock. That may be my favorite ending when I think of it, if only for imagining John being slapped by both Dave and Bryan. See the clip below. Anyway. Tom is suited for this role with the authority he carries around here from time to time.

The Girls:

Ms. Scarlet: Jennie (jenniehoo). She doesn't post much anymore, but for those that know her you would agree that Jennie would be a wonderful Ms. Scarlet. She has a lot of sass and character that she could bring to the role and would look good doing it. Ms. Scarlet has sort of a hot shit attitude throughout the movie and I know Jennie could pull it off.

Mrs. White: Corinna (miscorrections). Cold, calculating, witty and sexy, Corinna would fill this role nicely. Better than Madeline Kahn? Ehhhhh, those are some big heels to fill. Flames, on the side of her face...

Mrs. Peacock: Hannah (HannahRain). This was the easiest character to cast and it came to me immediately. If someone can convince me that Hannah shouldn't be Mrs. Peacock, I'll buy you a frozen lemonade this year. I think Hannah would enjoy this role because of the gaudy nature of Mrs. Peacock's wardrobe. That is not to say that Hannah doesn't dress well. She does. I would have her fashion jewelry for her character.

Yvette: Ivy (chairmeneow47). While this decision was based more on certain physical features that Ivy happens to possess, I am confident she could fake a French accent long enough before being killed with a noose by Corinna. I am also confident she would look good in a French maid costume.

Cook: Heidi (chiapet). Can Heidi cook? I don't know. This is a fun role in the film being that you only have a couple lines before being knifed in the back by Hannah, AND you get to hit a gong. This is the kind of role in a movie that I would like to play. Shit, maybe I should be the cook.

Singing Telegram Girl: Sophia (Feather). Probably the smallest role in the film with only one real line, but I dont think I could trust anybody else here to deliver it with the enthusiasm that I know Sophia would.

Gabe (schoolofruckus) would direct this reworked masterpiece.

My other idea would have been Scooby Doo, but all I could think of was either Devin the Dude or Marokoo as Scooby Doo and Colorado Ron as the stock villain. ...and Mr. Nipples would be Shaggy.

This was a great question.
    last.fm

Speaking of drummer friends, Brandon were you at one time a Dream Theater fan?
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

woah, weirdly timed posts.

That was excellent Brandon.

So, how is the screenplay coming along?
    last.fm

IPolice Chief: Tom (TomAz). Tom gets to come in at the end and kick ass in addition to arresting Mrs. Peacock in the second of the three endings.
    Yay! I love it!

I have a couple of ideas for this. I mentioned earlier that I loved Clue, so let's do that. Also being that the cast is expansive I get to use a lot of board members. We will use the cast from the movie as opposed to the board game. Because we are remaking a movie. Right.

This was a great question.

fuck yes.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    Sappy

HAHAHAHAHA

PURE GOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    So it turns out Jesus is a LOT like cr***

this needs to be performed in the campgrounds this year. must.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

excellent idea, brandon.

on the topic of board games, have you ever finished a game of monopoly? how about risk?

and what is your favourite video game of all time?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

If you had to invent a slang term, what would it be and what would it mean?

favorite curse word? you may exapnd to a list of favorites
    Last edited by york707; 03-12-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: jesus. type fail
    ---
    Sappy

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

do you fuck bitches or do you make love to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

He's correct about Ivy looking good in a French maid uniform, for the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I approve of all those casting decisions Brandon. Genius, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Brandon: Favorite Joanna lyric, and why? Also, what's your interpretation of Ys, in terms of what she was trying to say or in terms of what you gather from it?

What is your least favorite thing about living in San Diego? Your absolute favorite?

If you could change one thing about the last year of your life, what would it be and why?

If you were a professional athelete, what sport, what position and what team?

Finally, if you could be in one band, ever, what band would it be, what instrument would you play (it doesn't HAVE to be drums) and what role would you play in the band?
    I've mentioned before that I'm not a big lyrics guy but I like pretty much all of Does Not Suffice on her new record, specifically when she mentions the sound of the empty hangers tapping against each other in the closet. You never realize how symbolic something like that is until it's pointed out to you. As far as Ys, I am not sure what she was trying to do artistically, but for me it works on a composition level in that the arrangements are stunningly impressive and the record sounds fantastic. Lyrically it's interesting but I listen to her voice more as another instrument rather than a voice communicating words. To me it's one large beautiful piece of music.

Least favorite thing about San Diego is easily the lack of solid and usable public transportation. My favorite thing is the weather. 80 degrees in December? Yes please.

Last year was a pretty decent year I think. There was a person that I was starting to get close to during that time though I should have kept at a friends distance but allowed it to move a little past that which made for a lot of unnecessary drama. I would have been more responsible this go around if I were to change it.

I would go with my favorite golfer, Padraig Harrington. He's a great player and a great guy, and has a sweet Irish accent.

You know I would probably stick with drums, as it sort of suits my personality. As far as what band, I would go with playing for Bjork. I know it's a predictable choice for me but she is one of those artists where I would be excited about every song on the setlist.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Brandon:

When they legalize gay marriage in California, where are we getting married and who is DJing the reception?
    Hollywood Blvd on top of Cher's star.

DJ Lohan will be spinning at our wedding, and our first song will be a house remix of Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes. Everyone in attendance will have small toy boomboxes on their tables which they will hold up over their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Since you've mentioned an ex-girlfriend occasionally, what's the craziest thing you've ever done for love (or "love" if you realized later on it was not the real deal)?
    It's hard to say because at that time and in that relationship nothing seemed to drastic to do for love. I didn't have any sort of Meatloaf I wont do that moment, but thinking back on it, I suppose giving myself to someone completely when I didn't receive that in return. I didn't know that at the time though.

Please share your worst physical pain story.
    The surgery I had on my foot. If you imagine someone sliding a knife into the bottom of your foot and then just sort of holding it there and moving it around, that's what it felt like. After a day at Coachella, that's what it feels like. After 3 days, it's kind of numb. I was at home for two weeks after the surgery taking something around 10 vicodin a day. When I went back to school (the surgery was 10 years ago last month) I was taking valium. I lost 25 pounds and I cant run anymore. It didn't help.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Libertas Tranquilitas View Post
    You walk into a room with a dozen guns on a table, one of which is loaded. Would you choose one, put it to your temple and pull the trigger for a million dollars? If not, why?
    No. My life is worth to me than one million dollars, or that chance that I might win the money.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmontanez View Post
    what are your thoughts on Barbecue Sauce?
    I vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    brandon, thanks for posting your set times stuff. wow!

(and, thanks for bringing this thread back to life...been kinda lame of late)
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Offended.
    Seriously. Zack was excellent. Did you see his biceps? I'd watch it if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    If you are willing, tell us about one, exquisitely perfect moment of your life: the kind you know as it's happening you'll keep with you forever; where afterward you know if you had to die tomorrow, you'd die happy.
    I shall think about this one and get back to you on it.

Brandon, you have made some classic pictures using your fine photoshop skills. Would you mind posting your Top 5 with a bit on why they are your personal favorites?
    5. Mall Madness

Chris for some reason either loved the board game Mall Madness or played with his sister back in the day or something. Anyway, it was his birthday and so I threw this together. I like it because it looks pretty good for a photoshop. I blurred the hair into his head and added some grain to age it with the rest of the photo. I think it came out well. SALE AT THE SHOE STORE!

4. Nerds

This photo was taken at our first official message board meetup back in 2005 I think. Some of these guys are still around. Anyway, I did a rework of the tv show Friends logo on it, and there it was. This one is here mainly for sentimental reasons. We also played Mall Madness that night.

3. Not Metal

Ha. This guy. Ok so on the old board we had this thread called "This is Kevin." This is Kevin was basically a treasure trove of random myspace pages of people who we thought were silly and ridiculous. Essentially we were mocking people on the internet from afar, but isn't that why most of us are here? I don't remember this guy's name, but he showed up in the This is Kevin thread and after browsing through his photos, I just couldn't help myself. I had to work some magic. The photoshop work really isn't anything to get excited about it's the reaction to it that puts it in my top five. So I post this picture, we all have a laugh and continue on about our business. Gabe then sends this kid a message with a link to the thread and he responds with death threats.

Crazy right? This is Kevin was a great thread.

2. Class Photo

I don't remember context-wise why I made this, but I spent a good deal of time on it and it was well received. All of the clubs are sort of personality trait related or just inside jokes so they may not make much sense now. If you were around back in the day they will be funny to you.

1. Noitol

So on the old board Erik and I would pick at each other often, most of it being video game related and of course the big Depeche Mode Radiohead debate in addition to just typical bickering. I got into the habit of posting pictures of Zoltar, the genie from the movie Big, basically saying that Erik was all knowing and what not. It was just fun teasing. Eventually it got to the point where I wanted to photoshop him personally, and the idea sort of just popped into my head. This picture of him was absolutely perfect for both the mood and text placement of the project, and I got a good laugh out of it. I sat on it for a LONG time before finally posting it though, but I wanted it to be after he said something that was either completely ridiculous or had an air of superiority about it. He didn't disappoint and I unleashed this beauty onto the board. I enjoyed finally meeting Erik in person. He's a great guy and a dedicated music fan and his passion for the bands he loves is admirable. After we met and played some Wii all of the bickering sort of went away. I'd like to attribute it to the video games, but I think it was just that we understood each other better after meeting.

brandon, if given the opportunity, will you ever allow yourself to dispense with your law-abiding ways and let someone give you road head or are you intent on remaining a pussy and denying yourself of that enjoyable rite of passage?
    Just because I don't go around vandalizing property or knocking off liquor stores doesn't mean I've never gotten a beej while driving. I'm of the opinion that while fun, it doesn't feel as good.
    Last edited by hawkingvsreeve; 03-13-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    last.fm

this needs to be performed in the campgrounds this year. must.
    I suspect at least 1/3 of people named were drama geeks, so, yes. It could be done.

Also, Brandon, Clue is one of my favorite movies ever. Well done.

Just because I don't go around vandalizing property or knocking off liquor stores doesn't mean I've never gotten a beej while driving. I'm of the opinion that while fun, it doesn't feel as good.
    i guess, then, we don't have to worry about you going out Michael Hutchence/David Carradine style any time soon.

Geez kills me...he's so good live!!!