Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ragerrr grrrrr a Kareem Abdul Jammal update

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Ragerrr grrrrr a Kareem Abdul Jammal update

Supreme court says no new trial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081006...executionmumia

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US Supreme Court Monday refused to hear arguments for a new trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal, a former Black Panther accused of killing a police officer who has become an icon for anti-capital punishment campaigners.

ADVERTISEMENT

His lawyer Robert Bryan has already said he will seek to bring a second Supreme Court appeal -- on the grounds of racism -- for the 54-year-old former radio journalist accused of the 1981 murder of Daniel Faulkner.

Abu-Jamal's death sentence was overturned in March by a federal court in Philadelphia, which found that the jury in the case had been incorrectly instructed. The judges voted two-to-one to uphold his conviction, however.

Having escaped death row, his lawyers are now fighting a life sentence and want to bring him back before a jury for a new trial.

They had asked the Supreme Court to approve a re-trial because of unreliable testimony from witnesses.

Bryan has said he will not rest until his client is freed. "Even though the federal court granted a new trial on the question of the death penalty, we want a complete reversal of the conviction," he said in July.

As part of his defense, Abu-Jamal has argued he was denied a fair trial in 1982 because the prosecution barred 10 qualified African-Americans from sitting on the jury, which in the end consisted of 10 whites and two blacks.

The Philadelphia appeals court had rejected his arguments on lack of evidence of any racist intent on the part of the prosecution.

The US penal code bans the exclusion of potential jurists because of the colour of their skin.

Abu-Jamal's campaign has attracted support from Nelson Mandela, Hollywood celebrities Danny Glover and Susan Sarandon and British parliamentarians, according to campaign group Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition.

Abu-Jamal was serving as the president of the Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists at the time of his arrest. He was a founding member of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Black Panther Party as a teenager.

The Black Panther Party was a Leftist African-American organization from the 1960s and 70s established to promote black power and self-defense.

Default Re: Ragerrr grrrrr a Kareem Abdul Jammal update

Well if Hollywood celebs are behind this guy, he MUST GO FREE!

The point is that he was not given a fair trial. not even close to one and it is the duty of the legal system to correct its mistake. If he's a cop killer, then he should go to prison, but no one should act like police didn't take out orders to kill and brutalize members of BPP and walked away without so much as a citation. This is the same police who BOMBED (literally) a house in Philly in order to serve warrants on another "extremist" group.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

It think there is substantial evidence that members of the hollywood elite and gureilla anti government bands like The Raging Machines KNOW that Mahkmud Mohamaded Kareem Abdul Jabar must be free.

I guess they like the fact that he is a celebrety like they all are.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    The point is that he was not given a fair trial. not even close to one and it is the duty of the legal system to correct its mistake.
    So he had a right to an appeal, he had a right to testify and he continues to exercise his rights in the legal system and time and time again he fails. It usually doens't help when you rant against the judge after the conviction either. He acted like an ASS in the court room so the judge could no longer even let him represent himself. If he wanted to be taken seriously, when charged with murder, it's best to take it seroiusly not turn it into a kangaroo court. He fucked himself. Guilty or not, he did it to himself. He is by the way most likely guilty as the evidence and the jury have said over and over again.

If he's a cop killer, then he should go to prison, but no one should act like police didn't take out orders to kill and brutalize members of BPP and walked away without so much as a citation. This is the same police who BOMBED (literally) a house in Philly in order to serve warrants on another "extremist" group.
    Interesting but this doesn't have to do with the case.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    The point is that he was not given a fair trial.
    how do you know this?

has anyone written a song about him yet? that would prove a lot if someone did.

A guy at UCLA did. He used to sing his Mumia song along with other political songs he had written while sitting in the study lounge. He died from a heart attack while swimming earlier this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

when one has a heart attack while swimming and dies, does one die from the heart attack or does one drown?

One argument was that the ballistics proved the gun was not the right caliber. All these silly celebs like Ed Asner and Claude Pujol (who?) claimed to know wtf they were talking about and that they did no tests. It was false. Ballistics tests were done and a .38 was used, the same gun Mumia had tossed or whatever. Epic fail #1. That theory started because the coronor (you know, a guy who looks at dead bodies) scribbled down .45 as the bullet used but admitted in trial he didn't know the difference, which is why you do ballistics to begin with.

The coroner doesn't know the difference between a .38 caliber bullet and a .45?

what's this have to do with heart attacks?

How about his hospital confession? Wanna debate that? Was the hospital employee who told her boss that Mumia confessed, was she in on some scam to ruin this strangers life too? Another security guard also heard this confession. He was probably in on this scheme too right?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The coroner doesn't know the difference between a .38 caliber bullet and a .45?

what's this have to do with heart attacks?
    He was swimming with a gun and a guitar. Try and tell me that doesn't put a strain on the heart.

here's some info:
    Since the sentence, new information which contradicts the trial evidence has surfaced.

Eighteen years after the slaying, Arnold Beverly claimed that, "wearing a green (camouflage) army jacket", he had run across the street and shot Daniel Faulkner as part of a contract killing because Faulkner was interfering with graft and payoff to corrupt police. Private investigator George Newman claimed in 2001 that Chobert had recanted his testimony. Cynthia White died in 1992, and it was subsequently alleged that she falsified her testimony. Kenneth Pate, a stepbrother of Priscilla Durham who was imprisoned with Abu-Jamal on other charges, has since claimed that Durham admitted to not hearing the hospital confession. The hospital doctors have claimed that Abu-Jamal was not capable of making such a dramatic bedside confession at that time.

In his version of events, detailed in a sworn statement almost 20 years afterwards, Abu-Jamal claimed that he was sitting in his cab across the street when he heard shouting, then saw a police vehicle, then heard the sound of gunshots. Upon seeing his brother appearing disoriented across the street, Abu-Jamal ran to him from the parking lot and was shot by a police officer. The statement includes no mention of the gun that was found nearby him at the crime scene nor the corresponding firearms shoulder holster he was found to be wearing at the time of his arrest.[46] William Cook did not testify or make any statement until 2001 when he claimed that he had not seen who had shot Faulkner.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

A simple question. What does any of that have to do with your original assertion about him not having a fair trial?

Also.

The hospital doctors have claimed that Abu-Jamal was not capable of making such a dramatic bedside confession at that time.
    Source that. Both a hospital worker and a security guard have testified under oath in court that he made the confession. Was this something the doctors said 20 years later like the rest of the speculation in the story? The only place I seen assertions that it was impossible for him to speak at all are from the "free mumia" website which I think might have a slight bias.

If Mr. Jamal didn't shoot Officer Faulkner in the back and in the face, would you please explain...what the hell he was doing at 3:51am sitting on the curb in front of a dead cop, with an empty shoulder holster under his armpit, with a bullet from the dead cop's revolver in his chest, and his own registered five shot .38 caliber handgun lying next to his feet, with all five bullets fired?

anyone have a reasonable answer?

this thread is all you man
    "Beer summit '09"

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

when one has a heart attack while swimming and dies, does one die from the heart attack or does one drown?
    He died from the heart attack. They revived him in the hospital but he died anyway from severe lack of blood to the brain. He was a nice guy, but way too intense and radical about his politics. He seemed like he really wanted to be Zach De La Rocha.

Young blood

Is this about OJ?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If Mr. Jamal didn't shoot Officer Faulkner in the back and in the face, would you please explain...what the hell he was doing at 3:51am sitting on the curb in front of a dead cop, with an empty shoulder holster under his armpit, with a bullet from the dead cop's revolver in his chest, and his own registered five shot .38 caliber handgun lying next to his feet, with all five bullets fired?
    Rage Against The Machine said he should be freed, therefore none of this ever happened. And that's that.

Bullets matched?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION ZACH DE LA ROCHA!

Coachella Junkie

oops, wrong thread.

how do you know this?

has anyone written a song about him yet? that would prove a lot if someone did.
    Uh, uh
    Cmon check it

Through steel walls
    Your voice blastin on
    True rebel, my brother mumia
    I reflect upon
    You be tha spark
    That set the prairie fires on
    Make the masses a mastodon path
    To trample the fascists on
    At fifteen exposed phillys finest killing machine
    Boots and mad guns
    They pacify ya young
    Cause and effect
    Smell tha smoke and tha breeze
    My panther, my brother
    We are at war until youre free

Youll never silence the voice of the voiceless

Yet tha powerful got nervous
    Cause he refused to be their servant
    He spit truth
    That burned like black churches
    Prose and versesa million poor in hearses
    Watch the decision of dred scott
    As it reverses
    Long as the rope
    Is tied around mumias neck
    Let there be no rich white life
    We bound to respect
    Cause and effect
    Cant ya smell tha smoke in tha breeze
    My panther, my brother
    We are at war until youre free

And orwells hell a terror era coming through
    But this little brothers watching you too
    And orwells hell a terror era coming through
    But this little brothers watching you too
    Watching you too

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    ive heard it was his brother and he was covering for him. seriously.

I heard that OJ was covering for his son.

yeah, well, i heard it from his brother that it was him. (as i curl my hair)

He should have used that as his defense. Instead, he was dumb, so he shall rot.
    Last edited by faxman75; 10-07-2008 at 01:18 PM.

The title of this thread is offensive.

(removed incorrect fact about his sentence)

In a legal system that has historically disenfranchised black men, it isn't ridiculous to pay attention to appeal and evidence. The popularity of a cause due to attention by celebrity should not diminish the cause itself.

I don't really want to argue with you. I'm satisfied saying this much. Continue your meatheaded blowhard style of discourse that initially and immediately identifies those with contrary opinions to yours about the situation as mindless followers. Best of luck finding any intelligent person willing to waste the time.
    Last edited by real talk; 10-07-2008 at 02:53 PM.

fuck you.