Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3617

Thread: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

  1. #3151
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,697

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    All I know is that they had Tomboy on white vinyl, which they better fucking have at Coachella.

    I'm just glad to see a song from both Feels and Sung Tongs. How long was their set?
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 04-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.

  2. #3152
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Soooo.... what the fuck?

    I can't stand the collected animals board. I never know what the hell they are talking about.
    You didnt figure that out after seeing Kitt Katt post?

  3. #3153
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Petaluma:
    8 or 9 new songs
    Did You See the Words
    Brother Sport
    We Tigers
    Summertime Clothes

    not in that order.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  4. #3154
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    And it was awesome. It was good to be part of an Animal Collective show again.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  5. #3155
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,501

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    First of all.. Did you See The Words .... !!!!!

    secondly, I'm dying to know if it was totally reworked, or if it was played straight, or what?
    I hope they keep the new songs to a minimum at Coachella! Sure, I'm expecting some. but.. come on.. they could potentially put on the best Animal Collective show for Animal Collective fans ever.


    you were there?! details please??? was Noah on a drumkit? Did Avey play guitar? Was We Tigers fantastic?


  6. #3156
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,697

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    How long was the set? If you could compare the new material to a certain era/album of the band what would you say?

  7. #3157
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    26,469

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Summertime Clothes, nice. If anyone has an extra ticket for Tuesday at GAMH please let me know.

    7/30: The Chemical Brothers @ The Armory
    7/31: Worker/Parasite @ Underground SF
    8/7-8/9: Outside Lands Music Festival
    8/8: Holly Herndon @ The Chapel
    8/11: Screaming Females @ The Rickshaw Stop
    8/14: John Roberts, Laurel Halo @ f8
    8/20: Sales @ The Rickshaw Stop
    8/22-23: FYF Fest
    8/29: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Rickshaw Stop

  8. #3158
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    If half of their Coachella set isn't new material, I'd be surprised.

    Did You... opened with a weird/riff sample but it was pretty much normal thereafter. nohuge reimagining.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  9. #3159
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Noah was SITTING with a relatively standard drum kit.

    The new material felt like Strawberry Jam stuff at points and then crazy new direction stuff at others. Mostly new direction though.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  10. #3160
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    90 minutes. We Tigers was jammed into a full song instead of its old short intro form.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  11. #3161
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,501

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Last edited by clumsy342; 04-11-2011 at 12:39 AM.


  12. #3162
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,697

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    I'm so fucking pumped for the Coachella set right now.

  13. #3163
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,990

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Are any of you fuckers still awake? Just got back from Petaluma. 10 new jams + 4 old ones. Tigers and Summertime were reworked really nice. The new song before Brothersport is very groovy and, I'm going to say it...may become a bigger hit than My Girls (I fucking loved it and was dancing my ass off). No real names for the new stuff yet...just names of friends or some shit like that. I can't remember what Noah said now.

    There's a lot of new things being tried out for the first time (beyond the songs, that is) so tonite's set was pretty solid all things considered. Noah playing the kit the whole time was a nice surprise..he's quite good. But, having Josh sing the opening song was very special.

  14. #3164
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,501

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    yep.. im still up. glad you had a good time!
    and I'm even more glad to hear that it was a promising set.
    can't wait to see some good bootlegs!

    and can't wait for Coachella!!!


  15. #3165
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,697

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    I want to hear more. Anything.

  16. #3166

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I want to hear more. Anything.
    Agreed. Tomboy is fucking incredible, any new group material will be very, very welcome.

  17. #3167
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    a bunch of stuff definitely feels like what I would have expected the group to do after Strawberry Jam... with some nice surprises thrown in for good measure. josh seemed to indicate that they were sticking with this setlist... but i'll be curious to see if they play any other old songs...

    a few of the early songs in the set were not quite there, but once they hit their groove, they totally killed it. can't wait to watch this material develop.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 04-11-2011 at 07:57 AM.

  18. #3168
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,134

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    too busy to post all the videos but just click on this link

    http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/0...in-california/
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  19. #3169
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Wait, you mean the story Pitchfork had this morning?

    http://pitchfork.com/news/42158-watc...orm-new-songs/






  20. #3170
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,134

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    yes I mean the pitchfork story the came out this morning that nobody else posted about supredick
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  21. #3171
    Member send me ctrpllrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Nearing SF, about to get In-N-Out in Livermoore. We listened to two of the new songs from that article, couldn't resist. I loved what I heard, really excited for tonight.

  22. #3172
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,134

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    btw supredick this is from the pitchfork article you mentioned

    The mini-tour kicked off last night at Petaluma, California's Phoenix Theater, and Consequence of Sound points to live footage from that show, in which the band performs a considerable amount of new material. The video quality is sorta shaky, but the audio sounds decent and clear; check out the footage below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  23. #3173
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?


  24. #3174
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,990

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    ooh....have you listened? Is it worth the trouble or will it give me an earache?

  25. #3175
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    it's not the best. but it's better than many boots that float around. it gets better as the mix got better. if anything, download it to give track 6 a listen

  26. #3176
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,990

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Valid point. I don't think I can wait till Wed to hear that one again.

  27. #3177
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Just got done with a massive fundraising event (which was awesome having to wake up at 6am after the show).

    Can't wait to skim through the bootleg to hear certain beats and riffs again.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  28. #3178
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    Andy Cabic from Vetiver has been added to open for the SF and Santa Cruz shows.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  29. #3179
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    hmmm... i wonder what the set times are for the SF show then...

  30. #3180
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,308

    Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

    no clue. apparently, Deakin's opening track is some old untitled song.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
  2. New Animal Collective Album!
    By JoelofArc in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. Animal Collective
    By brycerosen in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
  4. New MAN MAN and ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
    By clumsy342 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 01:19 AM
  5. Animal Collective
    By kitt kat in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •