Thread: linkin park for 09

Default linkin park for 09

ok, obviously just kidding. but i needed something to get you fuckers to read this. lets get dj shadow, thievery corporation, air, gza, deltron, mr. lif, masta ace (or emc), dr. dre, pete rock, madlib, tribe, de la soul, rakim, nas or any of the fucking wu tang to rock coachella in 09. where the fuck is hip hop? i know people are going to give me shit for posting this, but fuck em - if it weren't for blues/r&b/hip hop then most of your modern day shit wouldn't exist. let's rock the desert this upcoming year
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

Default Re: linkin park for 09

...lyrically
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

lets just stick to the Trip Hop and Dub & Dubstep!

trip hop, and dub - i fucking love. but at the same time, that it is what is popular. it will soon be the same passing fad just as justice has been. not saying that i am not influenced by dub, don't get me wrong - i'm just saying that we need some true hip hop/funk/soul that isn't trying to be the "new thing" like so many dubstep, grime, and electronic producers are trying to be at the moment. fuck, i hate to say it, because i know the hardships of trying to produce and be original, but to an audience at coachella, they need to bring the muthafuckin' ruckus! let's get A Tribe Called Quest or Mobb Deep to show these amateurs what the fuck is up. Portishead knew what was up this year, let's keep it that way.

Ok, so the Hip-hop is at Rock the Bells. As usual there will be a few token MCs at Coachella 09. Maybe you'll get lucky and a band like the Roots will play. This is like asking where the House or prog-rock is at RTB...

Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    trip hop, and dub - i fucking love. but at the same time, that it is what is popular. it will soon be the same passing fad just as justice has been. not saying that i am not influenced by dub, don't get me wrong - i'm just saying that we need some true hip hop/funk/soul that isn't trying to be the "new thing" like so many dubstep, grime, and electronic producers are trying to be at the moment. fuck, i hate to say it, because i know the hardships of trying to produce and be original, but to an audience at coachella, they need to bring the muthafuckin' ruckus! let's get A Tribe Called Quest or Mobb Deep to show these amateurs what the fuck is up. Portishead knew what was up this year, let's keep it that way.
    I don't think Dub, Trip Hop or Dubstep is any where as popular as MTV acts like Dr. Dre Wu Tang top 40 stuff you want at Coachella. Let them have a Crib's n' Rims fest.. Linkin Park would fit that bill fine too.

I would sit at a set of Pete Rock and CL Smooth just to hear They Reminisce Over You...
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11

I'd like to see A Tribe Called Quest and Pharcyde on the polo fields with better and longer sets than RTB.

Deltron or just Del
    Madvillain (have the real Doom return)
    RZA and GZA
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    De La Soul
    Edan
    Atmosphere

7/24 Stephen Malkmus/Entrance Band @ Henry Miller Library
    8/8 Underworld @ Hard Summer (maybe)
    8/28-30 Beastie Boys/Ween/Modest Mouse @ Outside Lands Festival

Del, Deltron 3030, Del the Funky Homosapien, Heiro, no matter the form I think Del needs to stay away from Coachella 09.

Wu Tang is a top 40 MTV band? Also tell me the last time you saw a Dr. Dre video on MTV that was not from 14 years ago...

I have seen RZA and GZA both play individual tours this year and even though they are the gods, they would not do well at Coachella.

If you have not seen Atmosphere at least ten times in the last three years then you must have been hiding under a fucking rock.

The better of the suggestions were:

Madlib
    MF DOOM
    De La Soul
    Pharcyde
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post

If you have not seen Atmosphere at least ten times in the last three years then you must have been hiding under a fucking rock.
    or not willing to drive 3-4 hours to LA or SF

7/24 Stephen Malkmus/Entrance Band @ Henry Miller Library
    8/8 Underworld @ Hard Summer (maybe)
    8/28-30 Beastie Boys/Ween/Modest Mouse @ Outside Lands Festival

i could really see del being there, just got a feeling
    nice weather! for ducks..

if atmosphere, tribe, and jurassic 5 all played i'd be a very happy camper
    nice weather! for ducks..

ok, obviously just kidding. but i needed something to get you fuckers to read this. lets get dj shadow, thievery corporation, air, gza, deltron, mr. lif, masta ace (or emc), dr. dre, pete rock, madlib, tribe, de la soul, rakim, nas or any of the fucking wu tang to rock coachella in 09. where the fuck is hip hop? i know people are going to give me shit for posting this, but fuck em - if it weren't for blues/r&b/hip hop then most of your modern day shit wouldn't exist. let's rock the desert this upcoming year
    Plz stop making threads thnx.

Plz stop making threads thnx.
    ok.

rock the bells? no? ok
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Memorial_07

thanks christ you were kidding

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Ok, so the Hip-hop is at Rock the Bells. As usual there will be a few token MCs at Coachella 09. Maybe you'll get lucky and a band like the Roots will play. This is like asking where the House or prog-rock is at RTB...
    Didn't the first Coachella have a shit ton of hip-hop?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Ummm... Rancid or Third Eye Blind? You have got to be joking me. Rancid kick all sorts of ass live. Go see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Ummm... Rancid or Third Eye Blind? You have got to be joking me. Rancid kick all sorts of ass live. Go see them.
    Yeah, my friend bought tickets to Rancid, so I'm going to Rancid. But Third Eye Blind was my favorite band when I was 12 and my first album, along with Barenakedladies. I still love their first album and like the following two to an extent. They're playing in some charity family-friendly festival at a lake in Novato, CA, with Plain White T's, so I feel like I have a good excuse to skip them again.

I'm also not very into punk but am willing to go to punk shows, and I only know Time bomb, but yeah Rancid seems like an honorable choice.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

J-Dilla 09
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

LOL @ Trip Hop or Dubstep being "big".

That is all.
    Upcoming Shows:
    • Caribou @ The Fonda in Los Angeles on Saturday, February 28th
    • The Replacements @ The Palladium in Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 15th
    • Belle & Sebastian + Mac Demarco @ The Fox Theater in Pomona, CA on Thursday, April 16th

6x Coachella Attendee (2007 - 2011, 2014a)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I love you all. I really do.

Stop suggesting stupid shit for Coachella. No Linkin Park. No Cypress Hill. No Disturbed. No Lil' Mama. It needs to end. All of it.

Thank you.

P.S.-Sade for 2009

LUDA

If you are gonna do Hip Hop you need stuff like Eyedea and Abilities, Mr Lif, The Roots, A Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Kid Sister, Northern State, Dead Prez, Blueprint, Atmosphere(only if they drop the live band), Sage Francis, Immortal Technique, hell something ground breaking would be getting Macromantics from Australia saw them with Deerhoof back a couple of years ago a female MC from down under amazing. We need people who represent the underground indie sensibility or we need legends who arent tired and washed up. If they are on the radio now we dont need them.

peace