213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coachella

195 91.55%
  • Lolla

18 8.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella VS lollapalooza

Default Re: Coachella VS lollapalooza

Lolla doesn't have the Sahara tent. For me, that means they could never compare, regardless of who headlines or plays.

With Portishead being such a strong rumor for this year, I knew I had to get tickets. We lucked out this year though because they announced the bands before the presale went on sale. Usually you buy presale before the announcement.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    COACHELLA IS a spot for hipsters and scene kids. Then there are the ones who go for the music.
    FIXED.

I've been to Coachella five times and Lolla in Chicago three times. Both festivals have their positives and negatives but if I had to choose I would pick Coachella. To me Coachella has a special feel to it whereas Lolla simply feels like a bunch of bands and too many drunk people in a city park.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by Flipxican805 View Post
    coachella should of had kanye for friday than j j that woulda been the sh!t
    Does nobody realize this is an alias?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypolite View Post
    I've been to Coachella five times and Lolla in Chicago three times. Both festivals have their positives and negatives but if I had to choose I would pick Coachella. To me Coachella has a special feel to it whereas Lolla simply feels like a bunch of bands and too many drunk people in a city park.
    Good god yes.

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    What makes Coachella great is its something like this every year. Thats why so many people buy passes before the lineup is announced (myself included). We know the bands are going to be stellar and the experience unforgettable... every year.

I still think its hilarious how much people freaked out when the lineup first came out.
    Prince was a kickstart for ticket sales.
    Completely true.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Lolla doesn't have the Sahara tent. For me, that means they could never compare, regardless of who headlines or plays.
    exactly.

I wonder how many people wouldn't go if they took out the Sahara tent.

God forbid that from ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypolite View Post
    I've been to Coachella five times and Lolla in Chicago three times. Both festivals have their positives and negatives but if I had to choose I would pick Coachella.
    I've been to Coachella three times and Lolla two times. I went back to Lolla 2008 because I love what I saw & experience in 2007 PLUS (vibe and atmosphere wise) its not like Coachella.

For financial etc reasons, I was pretty sure of not going to Coachella and Lollapalooza '08.

Kraftwerk, Portishead and The Verve made me do it then the Prince, Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp adds sealed it. Then for Lolla, the $60 3-day pass + Radiohead, RATM & NIN did it for me.

Anyway, overall, Coachella > Lollapalooza by a mile.

* Coachella is a much more expensive festival for me. However, Coachella camping is not only cheap, it had been a life changing/religious experience for me the last 2 years. I will make an epic wish list for next year to make it harder for both Coachella and Lollapalooza.

* The only sure thing for me on 2009 is the Ultra Music Festival in Miami. I also want to experience my first Bonnaroo (or 2nd Woodstock!). I hope next year's Roo lineup will be much like this year (which I did not like) so I will be not be forced to go/regret not going.

*I really need to save money and vacation time for Glastonbury 2009

* I will probably never go to Sasquatch, Pitchfork and APW if they are all mini-Coachella.

*btw - staying at a hotel few meters away at Lolla is almost as mind-blowing as the camping experience at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    *btw - staying at a hotel few meters away at Lolla is almost as mind-blowing as the camping experience at Coachella
    Thats EXACTLY what I want to do next year.
    Those 3 hotels that face the festival entrance looked SOO enticing. I wish I could have just walked in and got a room, but I'm sure it would have cost more than the weekend itself.

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    I've been to Coachella three times and Lolla two times. I went back to Lolla 2008 because I love what I saw & experience in 2007 PLUS (vibe and atmosphere wise) its not like Coachella.

For financial etc reasons, I was pretty sure of not going to Coachella and Lollapalooza '08.

Kraftwerk, Portishead and The Verve made me do it then the Prince, Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp adds sealed it. Then for Lolla, the $60 3-day pass + Radiohead, RATM & NIN did it for me.

Anyway, overall, Coachella > Lollapalooza by a mile.

* Coachella is a much more expensive festival for me. However, Coachella camping is not only cheap, it had been a life changing/religious experience for me the last 2 years. I will make an epic wish list for next year to make it harder for both Coachella and Lollapalooza.

* The only sure thing for me on 2009 is the Ultra Music Festival in Miami. I also want to experience my first Bonnaroo (or 2nd Woodstock!). I hope next year's Roo lineup will be much like this year (which I did not like) so I will be not be forced to go/regret not going.

*I really need to save money and vacation time for Glastonbury 2009

* I will probably never go to Sasquatch, Pitchfork and APW if they are all mini-Coachella.

Really? Coachella more expensive?
    For lolla hotels would sound like they'd be much more expensive since it's chicage.

You don't need rental car in Chicago plus airfare is cheaper (at least for me flying from FL to PSP vs. O'Hare).

There's ton of bargain/deals by booking air + hotel (near Grant Park for way less than $100/night --- even cheaper if you will share with some friends) package. Just be patient & on the lookout when searching for deals --- prices go up and down.

Tix for 3 day pass = $60 at Lolla (if I was'nt successful, if I'm not mistaken its < $200) vs. Coachella, its >$300, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    Thats EXACTLY what I want to do next year.
    Those 3 hotels that face the festival entrance looked SOO enticing. I wish I could have just walked in and got a room, but I'm sure it would have cost more than the weekend itself.
    Staying in those hotels is not the big time rock star party you might think it is....

We live in Chicago and rented out some of those prime rooms for past Lollapalooza's. It totally wasn't worth it.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    Coachella kicks all festivals asses heres why: Prince playing for over 2 hours. Kraftwerk, Portishead... Name me one festival that has those three 2 gether?? NONE! Roger Waters "dark side of the moon" then of course there was Boys Noize, Holy Fuck, The Verve, Fatboy Slim, Spiritualized, Goldfrapp, Aphex Twin ect ect.... What a great weekend. The 3 Coachella virgins I took this year all said it was the best time of their lives. So there!
    Word...be careful with that All Points West though....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Lurker

you cant even compare lolla to chella...lolla has horrible set times, horrible crowds, horrible stage set up, and...........yea fuck lolla

Coachella FTW.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

I loved being in Chicago, having a hotel within 5 minutes walking distance from the entrance, having a hotel period, the skyline, the bars, the crowds overtaking the streets afterwards, aftershows, etc....but Lollapalooza still feels generic and that I could have been in any city park watching the acts I was seeing. Coachella baby.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

I voted Coachella, but Lolla had a better lineup this year.

Hmmm...i'm going with coachella for this one

FLAME!!! Cannot compute.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13, 14, 15...

this poll is like cookies and ice cream vs. dog shit
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

While Lolla has lured me over to Chicago many times over the years due to great lineup, was the first to do a lot of things right logistically (inexpensive tickets, ins & outs, allowing bottled water, recycling incentive), and I'll always have much love for Perry Farrell, Coachella still wins by far. Like everyone else said, Coachella has the magical vibe that is completely missing at Lolla. But that's 'cause Lolla is located in a downtown Chicago park, and is seen mostly as a way to spend a weekend by the local suburbanites (it's almost TOO easy to attend, and those douches have no idea how good they have it). Every year at Coachella, on the other hand, feels like an epic moment in history. See y'all in 15 days!
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12[1|2], 13[2], 14[2], 15[1], 16[2], 17[2], 18[2]
    Lolla 03, 06, 07, 08
    Outside Lands 08, 10, 11, 12, 17
    Nerd Project:
    www.coacheller.com

Since Coachella is not in the city and out in the desert, Coachella is the superior festival. The fact that people leave their homes and go out a distance specifically to have fun for 3 days changes it. They cant go and resume their lives later that day. You leave the bullshit in the cities and just have a good time.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella: Some good acts, Nick Cave with both the Bad Seeds and Grinderman, Alt-J, Aesop Rock, Bat for Lashes, and some decent reunion/revival stuff like Dinosaur Jr. and New Order. Probably would be a pretty fun time.
    Last edited by comprar; 05-22-2016 at 11:52 PM.