Page 562 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 557558559560561562563564565566567 ... LastLast
Results 16,831 to 16,860 of 37253

Thread: The Post Your Picture Thread

  1. #16831
    Member Cherita Chen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    I thought you didnt wanna meet people from the boards, katt. It was "too embarrassing" or something

  2. #16832
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    So the idea that it is not possible to know the nature of reality as it relates to higher powers is not related to knowledge about the nature of reality?
    No. That is not what I said and if you found it to be implied, that was not what I was implying. I was referring to the reason they believed it, not the belief itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Everything is a belief. The idea that I won't go plummeting into space on the next rotation is a belief. It's irrelevant.
    If you believe that everything is a belief, then are there degrees to which specific believes are plausible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Your points here are kind of silly, as Pot pointed out. You're interpreting "belief" in a bizarre way.
    It seems more like you are both misinterpreting what I am saying.
    .

  3. #16833
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    18,007

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    back to topic...

    me and my friend jill at snowbowl last weekend, more to come in the "winter fun" thread



    a view from the top. this was taken while i slyly let these guys who were hitting on me on the lift go first and then i secretly waited there & took pictures to delay having to catch up to them



    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 02-27-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  4. #16834
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    whoa! scratch what i wrote....pretend theres a pic here.

  5. #16835
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,002

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Atheist checking in
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

  6. #16836
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    No. That is not what I said and if you found it to be implied, that was not what I was implying. I was referring to the reason they believed it, not the belief itself.



    If you believe that everything is a belief, then are there degrees to which specific believes are plausible?



    It seems more like you are both misinterpreting what I am saying.
    This is because what you are saying is uninterpretable babble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  7. #16837
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherita Chen View Post
    I thought you didnt wanna meet people from the boards, katt. It was "too embarrassing" or something
    I have my ones I'd tolerate

  8. #16838
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    This is because what you are saying is uninterpretable babble.
    That doesn't really mean much coming from someone who is proud of having a GED.
    .

  9. #16839
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    I'm proud of having a GED because it helped me avoid dealing with jerkoffs who go around spouting uninterpretable pseudo-intellectual babble, like yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  10. #16840
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Atheist checking in
    ahahaha. nice paper towel roll.

  11. #16841
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,385

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    It seems more like you are both misinterpreting what I am saying.
    The Frozen Pilgrim defense

  12. #16842
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I'm proud of having a GED because it helped me avoid dealing with jerkoffs who go around spouting uninterpretable pseudo-intellectual babble, like yourself.
    There is nothing convincing about an ad hominem argument.
    .

  13. #16843
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    There is nothing convincing about an ad hominem argument.
    That is not an ad hominem argument. See, this again is why I'm glad I didn't bother going to college. You went, paid tons of money, and don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

    An ad hominem attack would be if I said your argument was invalid because you're dumb. Which you are. But that's not what I said. What I said is that your argument is invalid because it is incomprehensible babble. That is a criticism of your argument, not you.

    Would you like me to keep pointing out the advantages of a GED? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  14. #16844
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Now what's even funnier about all this is before you falsely accused me of an ad hominem argument, you yourself were guilty of trying to invalidate my argument on the grounds that I only have a GED. Which, since you supposedly studied argument or debate, you should know is an argument from authority--which IS invalid.

    So, so far you've misappropriated ad hominem in your attempt to defend your own argument from authority, all in the interest of proving that what you're saying is remotely knowledgeable logic.

    Good work, putz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  15. #16845
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    That is not an ad hominem argument. See, this again is why I'm glad I didn't bother going to college. You went, paid tons of money, and don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

    An ad hominem attack would be if I said your argument was invalid because you're dumb. Which you are. But that's not what I said. What I said is that your argument is invalid because it is incomprehensible babble. That is a criticism of your argument, not you.

    Would you like me to keep pointing out the advantages of a GED? =)
    I got paid to go to college, but that is not the point here. You are using a simplistic understanding of an "ad hominem argument" to try to serve you own position. By criticizing my argument on the basis that it is "incomprehensible babble", you are in turn criticizing me, my ability to argue and my intelligence in general.
    .

  16. #16846
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Now what's even funnier about all this is before you falsely accused me of an ad hominem argument, you yourself were guilty of trying to invalidate my argument on the grounds that I only have a GED. Which, since you supposedly studied argument or debate, you should know is an argument from authority--which IS invalid.

    So, so far you've misappropriated ad hominem in your attempt to defend your own argument from authority, all in the interest of proving that what you're saying is remotely knowledgeable logic.

    Good work, putz.
    I wasn't trying to invalidate your argument on the grounds that you only have a GED. There was no point in trying to argue against your post because it was ad hominem, so I took a cheap shot at you.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 02-27-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    .

  17. #16847
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    A simplistic understanding of ad hominem? I'm sorry, would you care to enlighten me on some other meaning of it? Cause one doesn't exist. Ad hominem means attacking the man and not the argument. I attacked the argument and threw in a commentary on you as a person. My comment on your person was not my argument.

    If I explain why your argument is stupid and then say you're stupid, that doesn't make it an ad hominem attack.

    maybe you should go back to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  18. #16848
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Yeah, but can you explain that using only pictures of Win Butler and Chris Martin?

  19. #16849
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Yes. On the Kalalau Trail.
    I had my honeymoon in Kauai...BEAUTIFUL doesn't even begin to describe it.

    Did you ever make it over to Queen's Bath?
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  20. #16850
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    A simplistic understanding of ad hominem? I'm sorry, would you care to enlighten me on some other meaning of it? Cause one doesn't exist. Ad hominem means attacking the man and not the argument. I attacked the argument and threw in a commentary on you as a person. My comment on your person was not my argument.

    If I explain why your argument is stupid and then say you're stupid, that doesn't make it an ad hominem attack.

    maybe you should go back to school.
    It not about meaning. It's simplistic because you were defining it to only mean a direct abusive personal attack, like your example of calling me dumb. You attacked the argument by calling it "silly" and said "I was interpreting "belief" in a bizarre way"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Your points here are kind of silly, as Pot pointed out. You're interpreting "belief" in a bizarre way.
    You never explained anything. I tried to clarify, but your attack remained the same.
    .

  21. #16851
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,996

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yeah, but can you explain that using only pictures of Win Butler and Chris Martin?
    Or yourself. Since the conversation is about thinking and shit:


  22. #16852
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,994

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Kauai has to be my favorite island. I have been to Maui, Oahu and Kauai, alot of people say Maui is better because it is more of the party island but I can party anywhere, Kauai is just beautiful, and less tourists then the other two islands. Although being afraid of birds all the wild roosters freaked me out a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  23. #16853
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Yeah, but can you explain that using only pictures of Win Butler and Chris Martin?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  24. #16854
    Member zajaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    silverlake
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I'm proud of having a GED because it helped me avoid dealing with jerkoffs who go around spouting uninterpretable pseudo-intellectual babble, like yourself.
    boasting about not having gone to college is fucking stupid.

  25. #16855
    old school SubBass49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego/El Cajon
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Kauai has to be my favorite island. I have been to Maui, Oahu and Kauai, alot of people say Maui is better because it is more of the party island but I can party anywhere, Kauai is just beautiful, and less tourists then the other two islands. Although being afraid of birds all the wild roosters freaked me out a bit.
    Kauai was definitely more my style than any other island. I did my research before travelling there, and knew what to expect with all the wild chickens/roosters. Stayed in a little condo on Poipu Beach. Fresh mango trees all around us dropping their fruit. Tropical birds eating mangos in the early morning sunlight. The quick rainshowers that would hit and leave within 5 minutes. Shave Ice at JoJo's. Kalua pork in Waimea.

    Goddamnit...I wanna go back.
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

  26. #16856
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,994

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    OMG Kalua Pork in Waimea was one of my favorites. Although my first trip we did stay at North Shore Oahu, which was pretty sweet too. There was a little shack up there called Killer Tacos and they made Kalua Pork tacos and burritos. They were so fuckin good. I plan on going back sometime soon. I have never felt more relaxed then the time spent in Hawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  27. #16857
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post

  28. #16858
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    So, to sum it all up, Chris Martin and Win Butler were talking about what it means to be agnostic then started personally attacking each other and went to Hawaii? I love this thread.



    (Randy and BlackSwan, I'm actually interested in your banter. Proceed.)

  29. #16859
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,002

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    boasting about not having gone to college is fucking stupid.
    boasting about going to college is kind of dumb too. It's about the intelligence not the diploma.

    /devil's advocate
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

  30. #16860
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,994

    Default Re: The Post Your Picture Thread

    Agreed...

    coming from a non college person with a GED.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Similar Threads

  1. First post, first time...HELP!
    By ThomThom in forum Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
  2. Post-Recreational Paranoia is the Sport of Now
    By full on idle in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
  3. WTF Where did my for sale post go???
    By renegadeoffunk in forum Passes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 11:38 AM
  4. Coachella '07 mp3 post
    By hangthedj112 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •