Page 618 of 640 FirstFirst ... 613614615616617618619620621622623 ... LastLast
Results 18,511 to 18,540 of 19197

Thread: NFL Time

Default Re: NFL Time

Well they did just overpay for a backup. Of course they're going to keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Well they did just overpay for a backup. Of course they're going to keep winning.
    This season Drew Stanton will earn more money than all three Seahawks quarterbacks combined. I won't even bother mentioning how much Carson Palmer is going to be payed but suffice to say he'll earn around $500,000 for every interception he's likely to throw.

DAMN BRUH!

Last edited by ThomThom; 04-23-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    This season Drew Stanton will earn more money than all three Seahawks quarterbacks combined. I won't even bother mentioning how much Carson Palmer is going to be payed but suffice to say he'll earn around $500,000 for every interception he's likely to throw.
    yes, he threw 4 in Seattle.. and they still couldn't beat him.

Week 16 was a long time ago, but as long as we're reliving signature wins...

I fucking love this NFC West shit... I'm living vicariously.

*Carry On*

If you think Seattle fans are bad, just imagine if the Browns ever win a Super Bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    And to be fair to fikus, violent strangulation is one of his better qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

Neither one of them can be as bad as Giant and Eagle fans... Biggest fucking twats in all of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    If you think Seattle fans are bad, just imagine if the Browns ever win a Super Bowl.
    As a lifelong Seahawks fan I feel like my demeanor has remained the same through thick and thin. In terms of this thread, the only thing that's probably changed is that people see me as asshole instead of a delusional asshole. These days I do see a lot of people walking around in Seahawks gear and that definitely wasn't a common sight when I first moved to Los Angeles. There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon.

There are obnoxious fans from every fan base. I am not saying you are one of them specifically, bobert, but I have encountered a ton of cocky Seahawks fans over the last two years.

I compare Browns fans to Red Sox fans. When the Red Sox went over 80 years without title, people were cheering for them all over the country. Perhaps Yankee-hate fueled that. Perhaps people were excited the lovable loser finally won, but once they won, their fans became extrememly obnoxious and they weren't so lovable anymore. Browns fans will torch Cleveland to the ground and let everyone know they finally won a single super bowl and they will not shut up about it for many years (if they ever happen to actually win one).
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I fucking love this NFC West shit... I'm living vicariously.

*Carry On*
    I suppose, as a Cowboys fan, you have to cope somehow.

Glad the Chargers get to start off their season with a win over Arizona...

Seahawks - 49ers rematch on Thanksgiving is a nice surprise.

Since the schedule-makers couldn't get enough of the Cards playing SF and SEA in back-to-back weeks, why not have AZ end the season against them in Weeks 16 & 17?

Quote Originally Posted by nine day brawl View Post
    Since the schedule-makers couldn't get enough of the Cards playing SF and SEA in back-to-back weeks, why not have AZ end the season against them in Weeks 16 & 17?
    If you look at the schedule for every team in the NFL you may notice some similarities in that regard (playing divisional rivals down the stretch).

Ah, I only saw the Cards' schedule. Just caught Seattle's final 3 games, all against the NFC West. Should be a fun December!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Seahawks - 49ers rematch on Thanksgiving is a nice surprise.
    I haven't looked at the schedule yet but fuck that. It's going to be the night time game and I'm going to be out at Turkey Dinner and not get home until way late and even if I do record it I just know someone is going call/text me and spoil the game for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I haven't looked at the schedule yet but fuck that. It's going to be the night time game and I'm going to be out at Turkey Dinner and not get home until way late and even if I do record it I just know someone is going call/text me and spoil the game for me.
    Ah man, spring is barely upon us and Thanksgiving is already ruined! I can picture you now, moping around on turkey day. Awkward conversations with family members. An unfortunate sweater. A glass that's half empty. Always half empty.

I suppose it's possibly I'll get too drunk and fall asleep during the game. That's the only possible downside I see to this scheduling.

I know right. I mean minus the sweater because I'm not much of a sweater wearer but yeah the glass is always half empty. Not so much awkward conversation as most of my family are now 9er fans (I've always been one and my brother and sister live in San Francisco now so they have become one and so my dad has adopted them behind his New York teams and my mom just doesn't care). That is the downside though is getting to drunk. My family always goes to our families best friends house and we have a history of getting way to drunk (except for the driver) and not even getting home til about 1 am or so. I guess I'll just have to volunteer to drive that day so I don't get drunk and can stay up and watch the game if it doesn't get ruined for me.

Then again with all the off field bullshit that happened I not expecting to much this up coming season. Aldon getting arrested and then most likely cut or not extended really fucked up the draft for us along with Bowmans Injury I don't have any idea how this season is going to turn out. After looking at our schedule I would say we are an 11 win team but in the NFC west that is probably good enough for third.

So bobert what you think of the Seahawks off season? I feel like the loss of Clemons and Thurmand is a bigger deal then people are making it to be but I was jsut curious of your opinions of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

The full Patriots schedule for 2014 is as follows:

Sunday, Sept. 7 at Miami, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Sept. 14 at Minnesota, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Sept. 21 vs. Oakland, 1 p.m.
    Monday, Sept. 29 at Kansas City, 8:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 5 vs. Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 12 at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
    Thursday, Oct. 16 vs. New York Jets, 8:25 p.m.
    Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Chicago, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 2 vs. Denver, 4:25 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 9 bye week
    Sunday, Nov. 16 at Indianapolis, 8:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 23 vs. Detroit, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Nov. 30 at Green Bay, 4:25 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 7 at San Diego, 8:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 14 vs. Miami, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 21 at New York Jets, 1 p.m.
    Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Buffalo, 1 p.m.

We should be 2 and 0 when the Raiders drag their sorry asses into Foxboro for a 1:00 PM tilt week three.

Oh Hai, Tallguy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

What a cupcake schedule. If your guys don't go 16-0 it's time to fire that bum Belichik.

god what a luxury to be in the AFC.

I compare Browns fans to Red Sox fans. When the Red Sox went over 80 years without title, people were cheering for them all over the country. Perhaps Yankee-hate fueled that. Perhaps people were excited the lovable loser finally won, but once they won, their fans became extremely obnoxious and they weren't so lovable anymore.
    FUCK YES
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Glad the Chargers get to start off their season with a win over Arizona...

I compare Browns fans to Red Sox fans. When the Red Sox went over 80 years without title, people were cheering for them all over the country. Perhaps Yankee-hate fueled that. Perhaps people were excited the lovable loser finally won, but once they won, their fans became extrememly obnoxious and they weren't so lovable anymore. Browns fans will torch Cleveland to the ground and let everyone know they finally won a single super bowl and they will not shut up about it for many years (if they ever happen to actually win one).
    this might be hypothetically true in the hypothetical case the Browns actually win something.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Neither one of them can be as bad as Giant and Eagle fans... Biggest fucking twats in all of sports.
    CAN'T WAIT TO RUIN YOUR THANKSGIVING.

What a cupcake schedule. If your guys don't go 16-0 it's time to fire that bum Belichik.
    They wont get through lambeau with a win.
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    They wont get through lambeau with a win.
    It's also not a cupcake schedule. I assume Tom is just messing around. Also Santasutt penciling two road wins to start the season is pretty ambitious, I do not care who you are playing.

The six consecutive games starting with Chicago and ending with San Diego: looks like they forgot the frosting.
    Last edited by santasutt; 04-24-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: thanks TomAZ for calling out redundancy
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.

Here are 20 fun facts, or random quirks, to consider when perusing the 2014 NFL schedule:

1. Peyton Manning takes on the Colts for Week 1 of the new season. In the Super Bowl era (1966 -2013), only three SB-winning quarterbacks have started a season opener against the club that originally drafted them into league -- Brett Favre (vs. Falcons in 2002), Steve Young (vs. Buccaneers in 1997) and Joe Theismann (vs. Dolphins in 1984).

2. In the 43-year history of Monday Night Football (1970-2013), the Lions had never been assigned a prime-time home opener for Week 1. But that will change on Sept. 8, when Detroit hosts the New York Giants.

By the way ... the Week 1 clash will mark back-to-back road trips to Detroit for the Giants. The clubs met at Ford Field last year (Week 16).

3. The Broncos and Seahawks -- last year's Super Bowl combatants -- will tangle in Seattle on Sept. 21 (Week 3).

Seventeen years have passed since the last Super Bowl rematch for the following regular season. In 1997, the Packers -- who outlasted New England in Super Bowl XXX that previous January -- rolled over the Patriots in Foxboro (28-10).

4. How's this for unusual: The Buccaneers -- the NFL's only team with back-to-back home tilts to open and close the 2014 season -- will have just four home games (Raymond James Stadium) between Weeks 3-15.

5. Peyton Manning's Broncos have a bye week on Sept. 28. It's the earliest bye week for a Manning-led club since 2000 ... when the Colts enjoyed a Week 3 bye.

6. No NFL fan base travels like Steelers supporters, and this season will be no different. Pittsburgh has seven roadies in the Eastern Time Zone (Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, New York Jets) ... and just one in the Central Time Zone (Tennessee).

7. The Steelers have four separate back-to-back blocks of road games -- Baltimore-Carolina (Weeks 2-3), Jacksonville-Cleveland (Weeks 5-6), New York Jets-Tennessee (Weeks 10-11) and Cincinnati-Atlanta (Weeks 14-15).

8. Here's one more black-and-gold factoid: Pittsburgh is the only NFL team with two separate blocks of four-roadies-in-five-games this season.

To counterbalance that, the Steelers have three straight home tilts (Weeks 7-9) and then back-to-back home games to cap the regular season (Vs. Chiefs, vs. Bengals).

9. Neither the Cowboys, Seahawks nor Jets will face an intra-division opponent until Week 7 -- the longest such streak to start this season.

10. Nine different teams (Saints, Vikings, Bengals, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, Patriots) have three consecutive home games at some point during their respective seasons.

On the flip side, just four clubs (Rams, Buccaneers, Broncos, Bengals) have three straight road tilts at some point.

11. The Falcons won't see the Georgia Dome from Weeks 7-11 -- the result of three roadies (@ Baltimore, @ Tampa Bay, @ Carolina), one bye and one "home" game in England against the Lions (Oct. 26).

By the way, that London affair has an American kickoff time of 9:30 a.m. EST.

12. The NFL will once again stretch its byes to cover Weeks 4-12, but here's a wrinkle to that process: There will be five two-team byes (Weeks 4, 5, 7, 8, 12).

Which brings us to this: As part of the new partnership involving CBS and NFL Network for Thursday nights, covering Weeks 1-7, all seven matchups are intra-division games.

13. The Bengals are the only NFL team with three straight home games (Weeks 8-10 vs. Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland) AND three straight road outings (Weeks 11-13 vs. New Orleans, Houston, Tampa Bay).

14 California teams are usually at a disadvantage during ther regular season, travel-wise. But the 49ers caught a break with this year's schedule:

San Francisco doesn't leave the West Coast for the final six games -- taking on the Redskins, Seahawks, Chargers and Cardinals at home ... and making reasonable trips to Oakland and Seattle (Weeks 14/15).

15. CBS will air the Bears-Lions clash on Thanksgiving Day, even though no AFC clubs will be playing during that time slot. (CBS has the AFC package.)

16. On paper, the fourth-place Raiders -- six games against the AFC West, four against the NFC West, four against the AFC East -- might have the NFL's toughest schedule.

However, let's look at the bright side here: Oakland visits New York (Jets), New England, Cleveland and Seattle early in the season (first nine weeks); and Peyton Manning's Broncos might be resting for the playoffs on the season's final Sunday.

17. The Cowboys and Eagles don't play one another until Weeks 13 and 15. The last time the NFC East rivals didn't meet until late November? The infamous 1989 season -- Jimmy Johnson's inaugural Dallas campaign -- when the Eagles supposedly had a bounty on certain Dallas players, en route to decisive defeats of 27-0 and 20-10.

18. The Ravens might not have a single bad-weather game all season. Baltimore's last cold- weather road trip involves Pittsburgh for Week 9. After that, the Ravens' final three roadies take place in New Orleans (Nov. 24), Miami (Dec. 7) and Houston (Dec. 21).

19. The Dolphins might incur an extreme-weather slate in the final seven weeks: On the warm side, it's home outings against the Bills, Ravens, Vikings and Jets. On the cold side, it's late November/mid-December trips to Denver, New York (Jets) and New England.

And last but not least ...

20. How's this for a TV executive's 12-year run of luck:

Tom Brady (Patriots) and Peyton Manning (Colts/Broncos) haven't been in the same division since 2001. And yet, the quarterbacks' teams have met every year since 2003.

For 2014, Denver travels to New England on Nov. 2 (Week 9).

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story...chedule-042414