Thread: Kollekt.fm - The future of listening to music online

Default Kollekt.fm - The future of listening to music online

Anyone been on this site before? I started using it last week and I really like it! I found out about it through Panorama Bar Music page since they posted every track on Kollekt.fm all in a single playlist.

It is free to use but they're in an invite only beta phase so use the code below
    https://kollekt.fm/playlist/511

(you will need to sign up for the full track listing, use code "Panorama Bar Music" here http://www.kollekt.fm/code)

I haven't done this yet but you can synchronize everything!

1) Youtube Play all the music (video's) without interruptions.
    2) Soundcloud Discover and listen to songs artists upload on Soundcloud.
    3) Facebook Synchronise artist pages & music groups for self-filling playlists with the newest tracks.
    4) Last.fm Find your favorite artists and discover new similar ones.

https://www.facebook.com/KOLLEKT.FM

2/25 Julia Holter @ Merkin
    2/26 Slater-Kinney @ T5
    2/26 MK/Kevin Saunderson @ Output
    2/27 Museum of Love/Oneida/Blondes @ Bowery
    2/28 Steffi/Ben Sims/DVS1 @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Default Re: Kollekt.fm - The future of listening to music online

Pretty cool interface. Thanks for the info.

Quick review: Simple interface and visually pretty however, not that practical to discover music or to build and share playlists. Works well for those who like a lot of artists or pages on Facebook that post lots of music content. You can import your liked pages and then select one of the pages to compile all the posted music on that page into a playlist. This is the best feature of this site and the music player works great. Doesn't look like you can combine or create a playlist of all your likes which is unfortunate. Found that the import didn't get close to finding and importing all my artist likes and the discover music function is pretty weak. Searching for songs and creating a playlist is cumbersome. Finding a user generated playlist that I liked is near impossible. Would rather have the ability to combine my likes for a customized feed. The Soundcloud sync didn't work for me so cant comment on that function.

Overall, not many artists post that much content on their pages, especially new music for discovery. However, I did find this useful for 'Panorama Bar Music' and 'Berghain Music' page which constantly posts music content. Not sure if there are other pages that are similar for different genres. Worth it to sign up just for those two pages as this is a great way to one click listen to all the music posted which is almost daily but I imagine most people won't find it too helpful and revert back to their own methods for music discovery.

Pulse's Top 50 Tracks of 2014 posted here: https://kollekt.fm/playlist/31623

2/25 Julia Holter @ Merkin
    2/26 Slater-Kinney @ T5
    2/26 MK/Kevin Saunderson @ Output
    2/27 Museum of Love/Oneida/Blondes @ Bowery
    2/28 Steffi/Ben Sims/DVS1 @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.