Page 412 of 514 FirstFirst ... 407408409410411412413414415416417 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,360 of 15404

Thread: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk about

  1. #12331
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,351

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    http://whatstatus.info/ shows that everything is up but my utorrent isn't working. Hmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Swans - 4/6 - Parish
    Sleep - 5/1 - ACL Live
    Levitation Festival - 5/8 - 5/10 - Carson Creek Ranch
    The Avett Brothers - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater

  2. #12332
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    http://whatstatus.info/ shows that everything is up but my utorrent isn't working. Hmmmm.
    What version of uTorrent? As mentioned earlier (maybe in another thread) version 3.1 is banned. Need to downgrade.

    uTorrent 3.1 Issues

    Due to a serious bug in uTorrent 3.1 that causes it not to ban peers sending bad data, we have been forced to remove it from our client whitelist. We're sorry for the inconvenience. For those needing to downgrade, older versions can be found here (version 2.2.1 is by far the most reliable). Remember to back up your uTorrent appdata folder before downgrading!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  3. #12333
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,033

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    D'you have the new version of uTorrent? Look to the white list.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  4. #12334
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,351

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Ohhh. Thanks, gentlemen. I will upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Swans - 4/6 - Parish
    Sleep - 5/1 - ACL Live
    Levitation Festival - 5/8 - 5/10 - Carson Creek Ranch
    The Avett Brothers - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater

  5. #12335
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,482

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Fuck. Is there any other way to fix your ratio on what besides uploading new shit?
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  6. #12336
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,572

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Has your download capabilities been disabled? If not, just seed the fuck out of every staff pick next time they do them.

  7. #12337
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,351

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    All I do is keep my utorrent running. Never had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Swans - 4/6 - Parish
    Sleep - 5/1 - ACL Live
    Levitation Festival - 5/8 - 5/10 - Carson Creek Ranch
    The Avett Brothers - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater

  8. #12338
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,482

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Has your download capabilities been disabled? If not, just seed the fuck out of every staff pick next time they do them.
    Yes. I am at 0.59. I joined in like 2007 and was so diligent about seeding. Then I moved and couldn't port forward because I shared wi-fi with my neighbors and they had admin privileges to the account. I kept downloading anyway and it eventually caught up with me. I am now in a spot where I can upload, but can't dl anything because I'm on ratio watch so I am thinking that the only way I can get off is by uploading something new...
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  9. #12339
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Fuck. Is there any other way to fix your ratio on what besides uploading new shit?
    Constantly check the daily top 10. Those torrents are moving the most on any given day, and are usually the newest/biggest releases. Download and keep seeding them. I have kept a healthy ratio doing mostly this. Staff picks are also a good way for a quick boost to ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  10. #12340
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Yes. I am at 0.59. I joined in like 2007 and was so diligent about seeding. Then I moved and couldn't port forward because I shared wi-fi with my neighbors and they had admin privileges to the account. I kept downloading anyway and it eventually caught up with me. I am now in a spot where I can upload, but can't dl anything because I'm on ratio watch so I am thinking that the only way I can get off is by uploading something new...
    Ok... sooo upload something? Fill a request. There are tons of tutorials in the forum on how to upload and what to upload. If you upload anything released in 2012 you will automatically get upwards of 10 snatches from people who are running auto-download scripts.

  11. #12341
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,371

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    My ratio is at 1.11 because I download a shitload of music during freeleech periods. I had a ratio of 1.08 and decided to download a ton of new stuff I didn't have and it went down to 0.80. Then that last freeleech period hit around the time the Coachella lineup was released and I was able to get my ratio up above 1.0 in like 48 hours.

  12. #12342
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    My ratio is at 1.11 because I download a shitload of music during freeleech periods. I had a ratio of 1.08 and decided to download a ton of new stuff I didn't have and it went down to 0.80. Then that last freeleech period hit around the time the Coachella lineup was released and I was able to get my ratio up above 1.0 in like 48 hours.
    Freeleech is a great way to build your ratio, as well. I usually download discographies of artists that, for one reason or another, I do not have. Also, downloading of formats other than V0 can actually boost your ratio, since there will be less seeders. FLAC's and 320's can really boost you up. My ratio has been constantly climbing since switching to strictly 320.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  13. #12343
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    My ratio has been constantly climbing since switching to strictly 320.
    Very very true. I pretty much download only FLAC and 320 now. I found myself downloading a lot of artists in V0 and later I looked back and wished I had the best quality.

  14. #12344
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,371

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Freeleech is a great way to build your ratio, as well. I usually download discographies of artists that, for one reason or another, I do not have. Also, downloading of formats other than V0 can actually boost your ratio, since there will be less seeders. FLAC's and 320's can really boost you up. My ratio has been constantly climbing since switching to strictly 320.
    My only issue with downloading so many 320's is that it eats away disk space at a much quicker rate. Sound quality it certainly much better though, so I will still download 320's from time to time. Mostly when it's an EDM track that I intend on spinning at my friend's house.

  15. #12345
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,482

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Ok... sooo upload something? Fill a request. There are tons of tutorials in the forum on how to upload and what to upload. If you upload anything released in 2012 you will automatically get upwards of 10 snatches from people who are running auto-download scripts.
    I know how to upload and have done so in the past, but whats database is so big that I'm worrying (assuming) I won't be able to find anything to upload. I haven't looked so this is all jst speculation on my part. I guess I'll just have to look. First-world problems.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  16. #12346
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    check your pms kreutz

  17. #12347
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,033

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Telling someone to download is bad advice for someone who's downloading capabilities have been disabled. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  18. #12348
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,357

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Kreutz, check better.php to see if you can transcode anything you have already downloaded.

    Also, if anyone needs any help getting snatches on your uploads then pm me, I have a lot of buffer.

  19. #12349

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    You can check the requests section for stuff to buy that has a big bounty. When I still had a bad ratio, I bought two very easy to find and large requests (12 GB and 8 GB) and that gave me a great buffer with which to download and seed things. I seed constantly now and I have a 70 GB buffer, but that start definitely pushed me in the right direction.

  20. #12350
    Member Newro7ic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The LBC
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

  21. #12351
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,572

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Excited for this one.

  22. #12352
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Pretty sure this isn't technically released yet... but a 320 popped up on what a few days ago



    Danny Clay- When the Curtains of Night are Pinned Back by the Stars

  23. #12353

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Gorgeous. Thanks, ods

  24. #12354
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Yeah wow that Danny Clay is a monster. Gonna have to relisten again soon. This popped up in V0 a few hours ago


    Bonobo- Black Sands Remixed

  25. #12355
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Been waiting for this one. If you're a fan of Yeasayer, this one might be in your wheelhouse.



    Young Magic - Melt (2012)



    Full album stream here.

  26. #12356

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    the cranberries - roses


  27. #12357
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    ^just came in here to post that

  28. #12358
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Swans - We Rose From Your Bed With The Sun In Our Head

  29. #12359

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Oh shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

  30. #12360
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

    Aaron Dilloway - Modern Jester

Similar Threads

  1. lets talk about illegal stuff
    By gooftroop in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 01:18 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •