Page 411 of 513 FirstFirst ... 406407408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,330 of 15377

Thread: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk about

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

Thanks for the heads up on Demdike. Looking forward to listening with headphones.

Default Re: Blackswan's thread about secret stuff we pretend doesnt exist & shouldn't talk ab

Geographer - Myth [2012]

Coachella Junkie

Mouse on Mars - Parastrophics

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Kid Cudi & Dot Da Genius- WZRD
    wzrd-cover.jpg
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

old school

High Contrast - The Agony & The Ecstasy

Yippe!

Love at the Bottom of the Sea by The Magnetic Fields

NPR First Listen Stream

Coachella Junkie

Cheap Girls - Giant Orange

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

this will be interesting to a couple people here

Every Time I Die - Ex Lives

EDIT: also, i'd be delighted if someone could group the High Contrast
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

Fanfarlo - Rooms Filled with Light

Attached Images Attached Images
    5/15 - Muse - Mayan
    5/23 - Ceremony - Echoplex (?)
    5/26 - Refused - Roxy
    5/27 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Warner Grand (?)
    5/30 - Spoon - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

old school

High Contrast -grouped

Bear In Heaven - I Love You, It's Cool

Fuck yes. Boy, that sure leaked early. I hope it's as good as the last one.

Now THAT I've been waiting for. Fuck yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Pond - Beard, Wives, Denim

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sure somebody cares Mars Volta - Nocturniquet

Now where the fuck is VCMG -Ssss???

It's worse than anyone could ever have imagined. This band needs to stop making music, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    Now where the fuck is VCMG -Ssss???
    Seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

I quite like the new Mars Volta album. The only other one I've heard was Octohedron and didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I quite like the new Mars Volta album. The only other one I've heard was Octohedron and didn't care for it.
    You should probably check out the first ep and the first two full lengths then. The only stuff from them that i really care for.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

You can literally rank the Mars Volta albums for quality in reverse chronological order.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

^ Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

For me, it's De-Loused then Bedlam. The rest can eat a cock.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    You can literally rank the Mars Volta albums for quality in reverse chronological order.
    Agreed. The only thing I'd switch is Tremulant and Deloused. Other than that, they've been on a constant downward spiral.

Man, I saw Mars Volta play the Troubadour just before Tremulant came out and they tore that fucking place apart. the energy in that place was so completely nuts. They had so much potential.
    last.fm

I still think Frances the Mute is fantastic if you cut L'Via in half and add in the b-side from the single.

I can't deny that. L'Via was great up until the solos, and every other song on there shreds some serious face.

I pretty much love Frances the Mute as much as Deloused most days.
    5/9 - Suishou No Fune (水晶の舟) - The Empty Gallery - HK
    6/7 - NHK'Koyxeи / Mark Fell - The Empty Gallery - HK

Frances is my favorite, if they had held off on the some of the longer intro/outro's a lot more people would have felt it imo. I had it in my car cd player for almost a year, it's such an awesome journey.

This new one is almost guitarless, but still so Volta, tracks like Aegis and Molochwalker get to me. Cedric basically said this was TMV's version of krautrock, take that how you want I guess...
    last.fm
    Friday: Yuck Kendrick Lamar Other Lives The Black Angels Frank Ocean M83 The Rapture Explosions in the Sky Amon Tobin
    Saturday: Radiohead Bon Iver Miike Snow Flying Lotus SBTRKT A$AP Rocky Azealia Banks We Were Promised Jetpacks Keep Shelly in Athens
    Sunday: At The Drive-In Dr. Dre & Snoop The Weeknd Justice Modeselektor Santigold Nero Thundercat Metronomy Wild Beasts Real Estate

*subject to change

I saw them at the Greek in Berkeley on the Frances tour. The opening to that set was one of the most electrifying concert experiences I've had. Fistful of Dollars intro into Drunkship, with Cedric grabbing the mic stand in his fucking mouth while slithering around on the ground like a snake. The EP and first two albums made it seem like they could have been our Zeppelin or something. There was so much potential there.

So, I can't find a link for Carolina Chocolate Drops' Leaving Eden anywhere. I've been listening to it on spotify (it's not on ?). Can someone help me out?

Courtney Barnett - 6/5 - The Mohawk
    The Avett Brothers/Old Crow Medicine Show - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater
    Death Grips - 7/18 - The Mohawk
    Kraftwerk - 9/25 - Bass Concert Hall