Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sia

Default Sia

Can we just talk about how amazing it's going to be to hear Sia's amazing voice wash over the main stage field?
    CoS says it's her first full show on American soil in over half a decade.
    9/22 Beyoncé ~ 9/23 Classixx ~ 9/25 James Blake ~ 9/26 Lissie ~ 9/28 Band of Skulls ~ 10/7 ACL W2 ~ 10/18 Hiss Golden Messenger ~ 11/2 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & DFA 1979 w/ Deap Vally ~ 11/4 Adele ~ 11/4-11/6 Sound on Sound Fest ~ 11/6 Sia w/ Miguel & Alunageorge ~ 11/8 Bonnie Raitt ~ 11/11 Wet ~ 12/1 Skinny Lister ~ 4/14 Coachella W1

Default Re: Sia

Pretty sure it's her first full show anywhere in that long? Not really sure what to expect, but it should be amazing. Hopefully she'll still do at least a few older songs. Even though the kids these days probably don't even know Breathe Me.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a, 2016a, 2017a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Not really sure what to expect
    I'll go out on a limb and predict that there will be interpretive dancing and over-sized wigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and predict that there will be interpretive dancing and over-sized wigs.
    Lol good bet, I'm sure. I don't mind interpretive dancing in the least, but the wig thing bugs the heck out of me. I get why she does it, but I prefer pre-wigged out Sia.

I am down to see her regardless, but I do also hope she throws some older material into the mix!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2, 2016 W1 & W2 and SOON 2017 W1 & W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Get over yourself you entitled bitch whore cunt ball.

Yeah, I'm expecting an expansion on what she did on Jimmy Kimmel a while back. Doesn't matter much to me as my eyes will be closed to fully absorb the spacetime-ripping vocals Sia will provide.

But this one always kills me the best. At 4:20 you'll hear my favorite sing/yell/cry of all time. Fucking crushing.

Also, can we have Sia close the Mojave while Calvin Harris is on the main stage? I'll accept the Outdoor as well, but then I'll have to make sure I'm very close to a speaker to prevent sound bleed.

This will be one of the highlights of my weekend. For the newcomers, Sia has not always worn those crazy wigs.

Also- "The Girl You Lost To Cocaine" will be the best thing at Coachella 2016 if she plays it and all the E boys wonder what happened to their girls the night before when the meth was flowing for GnR.

i saw sia perform at the hollywood bowl in october 2014. it was magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczxqR1xjQ4

if she performs "breath me" that will likely be my favorite part of the weekend.

I saw her some time ago at the El Rey and she was just charming as hell. Was so blown away by the reception. At one point she referenced her earlier job as a nanny in Los Angeles before she started writing songs, and towards the end of the show she brought up the children she used to care for and they sang with her. I think I remember there being a lot of flowers and pixies and shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

She was great at Coachella 2008 and All Points West. Been waiting for her to return. I don't mind her current persona with the wig and all that because she seemed to have gone through some dark times in which she could've ended her life. It's nice to have her back performing shows and writing tunes for herself as opposed for other pop stars.

Really looking forward to this set

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I have a feeling that the Sia you are getting this year is not really the Sia anyone has seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Also, can we have Sia close the Mojave while Calvin Harris is on the main stage? I'll accept the Outdoor as well, but then I'll have to make sure I'm very close to a speaker to prevent sound bleed.
    Considering she's the second-billed artist on her day, I don't see her playing a tent. Didn't she also do a collaboration with Calvin Harris? I think the chances are greater that she'll make an appearance during his set than that she'll conflict with him. Has a headliner ever conflicted with the first artist listed on the second line? I know that the Knife played the Outdoor in 2014, but they finished before Outkast started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    "I assume you guys aren't familiar with all of the shit on this lineup but if you listened to shit radio stations you would be."

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I think it was guetta she collaborated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Considering she's the second-billed artist on her day, I don't see her playing a tent. Didn't she also do a collaboration with Calvin Harris? I think the chances are greater that she'll make an appearance during his set than that she'll conflict with him. Has a headliner ever conflicted with the first artist listed on the second line? I know that the Knife played the Outdoor in 2014, but they finished before Outkast started.
    yeah, she's way too big right now to play a tent too. Main stage for sure.
    9/22 Beyoncé ~ 9/23 Classixx ~ 9/25 James Blake ~ 9/26 Lissie ~ 9/28 Band of Skulls ~ 10/7 ACL W2 ~ 10/18 Hiss Golden Messenger ~ 11/2 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & DFA 1979 w/ Deap Vally ~ 11/4 Adele ~ 11/4-11/6 Sound on Sound Fest ~ 11/6 Sia w/ Miguel & Alunageorge ~ 11/8 Bonnie Raitt ~ 11/11 Wet ~ 12/1 Skinny Lister ~ 4/14 Coachella W1

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I think it was guetta she collaborated with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNOuS2avaIs
    2008, 2009, 2010 // school // 2015w1, 2016w1

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    I saw her some time ago at the El Rey and she was just charming as hell. Was so blown away by the reception. At one point she referenced her earlier job as a nanny in Los Angeles before she started writing songs, and towards the end of the show she brought up the children she used to care for and they sang with her. I think I remember there being a lot of flowers and pixies and shit too.
    This show!

Yes, that's my username on Sia's hand. I had the same handle on her long defunct message board. She greeted her boardies from the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I have a feeling that the Sia you are getting this year is not really the Sia anyone has seen in the past.
    Yep, hence why I'm not excited for Sia lately.

Gone are the 'Drink to Get Drunk', 'Little Man', and the Zero 7 days.
    Mark Farina @ It'll Do 4/30 | Tortoise @ Club Dada 5/5 | Hernan Cattaneo @ It'll Do 5/14 | The Cure @ American Airlines Center 5/15 | Four Tet & Ben UFO @ Club Dada 5/17 | Bebel Gilberto @ Kessler Theater 5/18 | Derrick Carter @ It'll Do 5/28 | Victor Calderone @ It'll Do 6/4 | Kraftwerk @ Bomb Factory 9/10

Those days ended a long time ago. They were good days, but I think Sia's doing amazing things now as well.

tis will be absolutely magical. I hope she closes the main stage.

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    This show!

Yes, that's my username on Sia's hand. I had the same handle on her long defunct message board. She greeted her boardies from the stage.
    That's fantastic! Hahahah I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

if you want to further comprehend the sheer magnitude of her presence on the lineup...

just discovered this song. confirmed my mutha fuckin jam, will go ape shit if heard on polo fields.
    '07, '10, '11, '12 Wk1, '13 Wk1, '13 Wk2, '14 Wk1, '14 Wk2, '15 Wk1, '15 Wk2, '16 Wk1, '16 Wk2

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

just binged all her albums. easily my number 1 anticipated at this point.
    '07, '10, '11, '12 Wk1, '13 Wk1, '13 Wk2, '14 Wk1, '14 Wk2, '15 Wk1, '15 Wk2, '16 Wk1, '16 Wk2

She's phenomenal, I worked at an event she performed three songs at and her voice was just as incredible live.

I'm good at this game.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

If she plays Breathe Me, I'll probably cry like I'm watching the Six Feet Under finale again.

July 16 - Cough
    July 19 - Dragged Into Sunlight
    July 29 - Inter Arma
    August 12-14 - Migration Fest
    August 16 - Monolord
    August 26-28 - Psycho LV
    September 7 - Cobalt
    September 12 - Kraftwerk
    September 17 - Melvins
    September 20 - Wolves In The Throne Room
    September 21 - Kanye West
    September 30-October 2 - ACL wk.1
    October 7-9 - ACL wk.2
    October 11 - Failure
    October 21 - Sleep
    October 22 - Sleep
    October 23 - Sleep
    November 6 - Sia
    November 12 - Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    If she plays Breathe Me, I'll probably cry like I'm watching the Six Feet Under finale again.
    ill cry if she doesnt play that song either way ill shed some tears at her set.

Quote Originally Posted by thebham View Post
    ill cry if she doesnt play that song either way ill shed some tears at her set.
    My lady and I were blubbering messes by the end of her set back in 2010. She makes it hurt so good.