Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dear M.I.A.

Lurker

Default dear M.I.A.

please retire your shot gun sounds, it killed your set.

that is all.

Amneeziac

Default Re: dear M.I.A.

Her DJ this time around was terrible, blame him. He had no idea what the fuck he was doing.

Seriously, fuckin a.

OK cool, I thought it was just me listening to an extended GTA commercial.

absolutely.
    a set ruiner.
    it was just so...weird.
    awkward awkward set.

First time I saw MIA and it was amazing and the best show I saw on Saturday other than Portishead

I like the gun shot use in Paper Planes, but did the DJ keep using the sample during other songs? That would be retarded.
    My favorite band is cooler than your favorite band.

fuck m.i.a... she ruined a completely perfect Clash song with more meaning and sentiment than hers. are all hers songs about her? or how she's better than most people? wow!!! only in electro/hop... stupid ass bitch. she just needs to dissapear or all her 14yr fans need to grow up.

Lurker

bump

WORST SET EVER!
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

srsly, i was like 'wait, i left kraftwerk for this?" and ran back...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Lurker

i would rather them just put in her CD and bump that

Lurker

Anybody who missed Kraftwerk to see M.I.A. deserves what they got.

Lurker

thank god i was smart enough to head back to kraftwerk

are you fucking kidding me?

i have never had to struggle so hard for survival at a show in my life.. THAT WAS AMAZING. one person has the power for so much goddamn chaos. her music was incredible, i blame coachella for not knowing what the fuck to do when thousands of fans turned the place into a riot. dont blame MIA she did her job had it not been for the fire marshalls. maybe california just isnt the place for her to get her message across when you have a bunch of 14 yr old brainless girls and retard potheads lollygagging to her music not understanding a clue of what its really about. c'mon guys.. that shit was unlike anything i have ever been to. in about the 5th row we started out own dance circle to keep everyone away.. unbelievable to her shit.

me n my friend decided that either she had a really bad night or she was really drunk. she spent half the set yelling at her manager and the lights people and she just didnt sound that good/made african boy and rara do alot of the set. there was just something off about it. and the shotgun sounds were a little too much...oh one more thing: she played like tops five songs...how lame

I've been a fan of MIA for years, and have enjoyed seeing her previously....but I think she sucked horribly this year....the never ending gunshots were fucking ridiculous!!! there was no structure to any of her set, she barely made it through a few songs....thank god I ran back to Kraftwerk also!!!!!!!!

just curious, just because she is Sri Lankan, and has some weird back story about her dad and the Tamil Tigers.....why does she get so much credit for being a revolutionary and 3rd world spokesperson??? her music is hardly political, and she shouts out silly, nonsensical references to being poor and downtrodden...what is her message exactly? to me, it seems she is just playing up the 3rd world, rebel outsider thing, and people just eat it up with out thinking about it...her lyrics are actually pretty shallow if you pay attention to them............I enjoy her unique sound...but am missing something regarding her "message"
    '99-'11...

Angry Re: dear M.I.A.

well, I love MIA. I have seen her twice in the past and think she is an amazing performer. I am not sure wt went on in the performance at coachella but i def think she should of had a bigger performance area and a better DJ. I do think there was an incredible amount of miscommunication on all parts. She did apologize to the audience and I was happy for that at best. I almost think she did not show to rehearsal or something. but yeah 5 songs tops and not very well i saw justice and many others in the same tent and they were great. Sorry MIA u lost sum brownie points on my list. still love yah. ur show was a buzzkill.

i love MIA but dear god... the gunshots completely ruined it
    you should save those for paperplanes, man
    that's what makes it so special and then you fucking ruined it with random gunshots..
    so lame

The murder capital where we murder for capital

No, no, no, it was amazing and if you didn't find it amazing then it's coachella's fault and if you didn't like what you saw then it's the DJ"s fault.

M.I.A. is never to blame. She is always brilliant and those watching are just too stupid to understand. lol

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    No, no, no, it was amazing and if you didn't find it amazing then it's coachella's fault and if you didn't like what you saw then it's the DJ"s fault.

M.I.A. is never to blame. She is always brilliant and those watching are just too stupid to understand. lol

did we see the same show?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post

maybe, i did some reading and it turns out that it was completely overpacked and there was police intervention so she had to restart her set a couple of times and then was told to stop the show. she should of had the bigger stage and a better dj. I love her and have seen her before at smaller venues and she kills.
    even though she looked amazing i still did not enjoy it.

aprillynnn

wow ... glad we missed it.

One of the best shows of the weekend, too many haters on this website! was a nonstop party! cant wait to see her again! TO the haters: GET OVER YOURSELF!!! YOU ARE NOT A MUSIC CRITIC FOR ROLLING STONE! if you liked it great! if you didnt go bitch to your real friends, whiny bitching gets really old guys!

kraftwerk were ok, but kind of boring, so we went to check out MIA, and it pretty much sucked. that damn gun shot sample was SO FUCKING PLAYED OUT! so we left to go get a beer, then piss, then get a spot for portishead. worked out nicely.

jesus though, i cant believe how many fuckin people were going crazy for her. the buzz before she came on was nuts, the tent was about to explode. i knew she was pretty hyped right now, but not to that extent. if i didnt know better, i would have though daft punk was about to come out, people were so fuckin amped that it actually got me pretty amped...but alas, it was a letdown.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

you wanna talk about letdown talk about portishead, most depressing music at coachella ever!

What were you people thinking?

When is the next time you will see portishead?!?

MIA will be at tons of festivals in the next few years.

Fools.
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    One of the best shows of the weekend, too many haters on this website! was a nonstop party! cant wait to see her again! TO the haters: GET OVER YOURSELF!!! YOU ARE NOT A MUSIC CRITIC FOR ROLLING STONE! if you liked it great! if you didnt go bitch to your real friends, whiny bitching gets really old guys!
    WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PEOPLE COME ON A MUSIC MESSAGE BOARD TO DO YOU DUMB FUCK...TO TALK ABOUT MUSIC! Sorry you dont like it when other people's opinions differ than yours, but you're from boston, and sound like the typical retard, fratboy, Pats fan, so I wouldn't expect you to understand. Go jerk off to your tom brady poster.

Let's go on a livin' spree!

you know i find it hilarious you talkin shit, but i guarantee you wouldnt say a word to my face mother fucker! so just watch what you say on here cuz people will find out who you are and thats the real karma my friend

I have seen M.I.A. twice. Austin City Limits in September last year, and Vegoose in October last year. She KILLED at ACL, it was a perfect set, she got a bunch of the audience on stage without any problems, and her dj only used the gunshots during "Paper Planes". But then she was so miserably bad the next month at Vegoose, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. She claimed to have lost her voice, and asked the crowd to help her sing. The set then consisted almost ENTIRELY of random gunshots. When she finally sang Paper Planes, that was the one time the DJ DIDN'T use the freakin' gunshot sample!!!

Does someone know: did she change DJ's sometime between September and October this year? After reading about how terrible she was (and the surplus of randomly placed gunshots) I am so glad I skipped her performace for Kraftwerk; it's amazing and sad to know that she still hasn't pulled her shit together.