Page 876 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 871872873874875876877878879880881 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,280 of 31228

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

That's kind of win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    If you can't make the deadline you cant make the deadline. I didn't stop playing pokemon last night for nothing.

Oh my...1080p full screen this one for sure.

9/17 - Hum/Mineral - Regent
    9/22 - Laetitia Sadier - Echo
    9/24 - Stars of the Lid - Regent
    9/27 - Grace Jones - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    10/6 - Black Lips/Ariel Pink - Teragram (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Trailer for John Hillcoat's Lawless - footage and movie appear to be good while the trailer is cut like low-rent genre garbage. Which is fine until one recalls that the same could be said of John Hillcoat's The Road, which turned out to be empty and inconsequential and not even very well crafted. Still, fingers crossed - The Proposition was awesome and hopefully not a flash in the pan.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Hmmm I thought The Proposition was very interesting, but its strongest points for me were the performances, particularly Ray Winstone's.

EDIT: I didn't realize he did The Road - I REALLY liked that.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    If movie rental chains were still worth 2 shits, your films would be stocked at ankle-height and no higher. I am almost certain that I purchased a used copy of The Gene Generation on VHS from a hollywood video $1 bargain bin a few years ago just so I could dub a TV edit of Encino Man over it as it was cheaper than buying a fresh blank VHS tape.
    You're wrong. None of my movies have been released on VHS. Why would I cater to a dinosaur format?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Netflixmentia is just an idea that I made off the top of my head. But that's cool that you are making a similar movie. Maybe I should be more productive with my movie ideas! Haha. Of course, you're right, I'll have to think of more clever titles. I do want to quit my day job, after all.

And you should try us with that real-life situation! We've all seen some pretty crazy stuff in our time, I think. Perhaps this is where people will finally believe you... Well, given that they can believe that you are truly Pearry Teo. I must admit that I even I suspect you might be an alias. Is that you, Paul Thomas Anderson!? Shouldn't you be working on The Master or your blog or something!? I thought we ended you, you son of a bitch! ... But if you are really Pearry Teo, and not Paul Thomas Anderson, you should tell us your supernatural story.

And yes, Maniac Mark was pretty much the leader of the group. He moved to Tennessee and took over the Papermate company -- at least, that is what he tells me.
    The real life situation wasn't that I descended into Hell, if that is what you are trying to suggest? What happened was I had a relapse on heroin with the girlfriend who I moved to LA to be with. She OD'd and in my fucked up state, it took me some days to report her body because I thought she was going to come back to life like she said.

It was a pretty emotional time. I haven't done any drugs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    And he took the time to read 878 pages of a movies thread and became intimately familiar with everybody's names and personalities, for no reason other than he happened to have gone to coachella the week before and stumbled on the forum. Allegedly.
    My first Coachella was actually 2005 to see Bauhaus and Nine Inch Nails. I've read this board off and on for the last few years whenever I get bored. There's an awful lot of internet to explore when you have insomnia and can't sleep until 4am at night and get up at 6am every morning.

Here is Pearry Teo's facebook page, if anyone is curious. He seems like a super jovial guy hahaha. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pearry

I was really hoping to find a post of him praising Cabin In the Woods, but alas, no.
    This is kind of an invasion of privacy. I don't go around posting your Facebook. And why would I say something nice about Cabin in the Woods when I've told you I hated it? I'm not one of those internet assholes pretending to be someone their not.
    Last edited by p.r. teo; 04-24-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Chaos lives in everything.

IMDb

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That facebook is directly linked off of the official Pearry Teo website, that's how I found it.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by p.r. teo View Post
    This is kind of an invasion of privacy. I don't go around posting your Facebook. And why would I say something nice about Cabin in the Woods when I've told you I hated it? I'm not one of those internet assholes pretending to be someone their not.
    Post a status update on your Facebook page right now on how much you hated Cabin in the Woods or how much you loved Coachella. Do it!

The real life situation wasn't that I descended into Hell, if that is what you are trying to suggest? What happened was I had a relapse on heroin with the girlfriend who I moved to LA to be with. She OD'd and in my fucked up state, it took me some days to report her body because I thought she was going to come back to life like she said.

That's pretty crazy. You're very well put together for an alias. I'm sort of thinking that maybe you are not an alias.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

That facebook is directly linked off of the official Pearry Teo website, that's how I found it.
    Stop invading his privacy, bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Sorry to interrupt these supposed shenanigans.

Does anyone know how to find out when the times/reservations will be available for the midnight screening of The Avengers at the Arclight Hollywood? I kind of got the responsibility of that put on me for my group of friends... Comes out May 3rd/4th and all the other Arclight theaters have options already. I really dont want a shitty seat in the front. Thx guys.

Owned.

Also, Cabin in the Woods was, as mostly advertised, a blast - primarily for the way it deliriously barrels into nuthouse territory in the third act. I certainly have complaints about the final beat as well as some other areas, which I will get into in a spoiler paragraph below, and I would stop well short of declaring brilliance here. But I think you would have to be exceedingly humorless (ahem) to not see the fun in it.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Alright...I'm just going to go stream of consciousness here because why the fuck not. I don't understand the hand smashing all of eternity at the end. I'm guessing the five underworld gods or whatever were supposed to be the five fingers of that hand, but I'm not sure whose figurative hand it's supposed to be; moreover, I'm not even sure it's important, which I see as a further demerit. I also thought the film left some interesting ideas on the table - namely, I was pretty certain that there was going to be a turn in which we find out that the stoner kid is actually the virgin and the redhead girl needed to die. Things seemed to be headed that way when A. we knew the girl had fucked her teacher and B. the stoner made a point to clarify that he didn't sleep with the blonde girl when they were younger, which (along with his general disposition) could have easily followed with his not ever having been laid. Missed opportunity in my book; if you're subverting so many other elements of slasher films, why not play with gender identity a little? Also, I felt like they shot themselves in the foot with that shot of the CG bird crashing into the forcefield during their initial drive through the tunnel. It stuns me that Goddard and/or Whedon thought it would be better for Hemingsworth's death to play out exactly as anticipated, rather than for him to deliver all that cheesy dialogue and then triumphantly jump his bike across the ravine before SUDDENLY CRASHING AND BURNING. I get that they wanted to play our sadistic chuckling at the build-up against us, but the horror factor generally lacked teeth here (due to the rightfully poor characterizations) such that they should have seized upon one of the few opportunities to genuinely make us jump.

This is a lot of complaints for an allegedly positive review, so I'll move on to the things I approved of. I loved the general satire of generic, slash-and-grab horror films and the cynicism that is often inherent from conception to execution to consumption, while juxtaposing that critique with the suggestion that, if we break entirely from horror and its conventions, the world will be consumed by shit that is beyond our wildest nightmares. It's impressive that they're able to provoke that sort of ambivalent conversation about horror as a genre within the course of a movie that wouldn't initially seem to warrant it. Plus it's straight up fun to watch 50 of the worst creatures ever imagined mowing down an army of bureaucrats. But quite frankly (as even PRT had to concede), the most enjoyable portion of the movie is the interplay between Jenkins and Whitford, the latter deserving as much recognition as the former. It would have been a lot harder to take any of this seriously if there weren't at least a couple characters that are moderately fun to spend time with, and I think both actors were perfectly cast. It was a rare example in which TV technique does work in a movie.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

I picked up on the gender-play as well... I just assumed that was meant to be apparent, even if it never followed through. Maybe more ended up on the editing room floor?

I loved that they foreshadowed the crash and burn. From a cinematic point of view it might have been a lame reveal. But as you point out, it works out really well as a self-aware moment.

This dude has to be bullshit for the following reason: there is no fucking way possible anyone could possibly stand reading every page of this pretentious bullshit-filled thread.

It took you days to figure out your girlfriend was dead? I want to hear more about this line of ridiculous crap, as someone who's actually been present at several heroin overdoses including one that turned out to be fatal. How many days exactly? And you thought she was going to come back to life because... her skin had turned dark blue? What kind of OD, did her respiratory system just slowly shut down while you were both high or did she have a quick reaction to an adulterant in the product? And are you seriously claiming that because you were on heroin your judgment was so clouded that you couldn't figure out this non-breathing, blue person was dead for multiple days? This isn't fucking meth we're talking about, heroin doesn't make you insane--it just makes you a selfish asshole.

And with regards to your snarky little comment about my script... well, frankly, you make horror movies, dude. It doesn't really count. Getting funding for horror movies is easy. No one expects them to actually be good, they never are, there's nothing remotely challenging, intellectual, or controversial about them, and they have a great rate of return on investment for the two-bit schmucks who fund them.

Keep making all the fucking horror movies you want if it makes you happy, but personally I'd rather wait until I can make something that I'd actually be proud to say I put years of my life into. Something that, oh, you know, has a shred of actual artistic content. But if you want to keep sucking yourself off about the fact that you've managed to actually accomplish making a horror flick--something that just about every completely untalented asshole in the indie film world has done--go nuts.
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    I picked up on the gender-play as well... I just assumed that was meant to be apparent, even if it never followed through. Maybe more ended up on the editing room floor?

I loved that they foreshadowed the crash and burn. From a cinematic point of view it might have been a lame reveal. But as you point out, it works out really well as a self-aware moment.
    I mean....I guess the crash and burn does work the way they did it. I was certainly amused while it was playing out. I just feel like it would have been authorial anarchy to have this apparent solution snatched out from under us the same way it was for the characters. But I suppose that may have been too immersive for their intent.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    This dude has to be bullshit for the following reason: there is no fucking way possible anyone could possibly stand reading every page of this pretentious bullshit-filled thread.

It took you days to figure out your girlfriend was dead? I want to hear more about this line of ridiculous crap, as someone who's actually been present at several heroin overdoses including one that turned out to be fatal. How many days exactly? And you thought she was going to come back to life because... her skin had turned dark blue? What kind of OD, did her respiratory system just slowly shut down while you were both high or did she have a quick reaction to an adulterant in the product? And are you seriously claiming that because you were on heroin your judgment was so clouded that you couldn't figure out this non-breathing, blue person was dead for multiple days? This isn't fucking meth we're talking about, heroin doesn't make you insane--it just makes you a selfish asshole.

And with regards to your snarky little comment about my script... well, frankly, you make horror movies, dude. It doesn't really count. Getting funding for horror movies is easy. No one expects them to actually be good, they never are, there's nothing remotely challenging, intellectual, or controversial about them, and they have a great rate of return on investment for the two-bit schmucks who fund them.

Keep making all the fucking horror movies you want if it makes you happy, but personally I'd rather wait until I can make something that I'd actually be proud to say I put years of my life into. Something that, oh, you know, has a shred of actual artistic content. But if you want to keep sucking yourself off about the fact that you've managed to actually accomplish making a horror flick--something that just about every completely untalented asshole in the indie film world has done--go nuts.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

Much like some other asshole who used to suck shit in this thread, Pearry has done us the great favor of having a blog. Let's all have a read through and enjoy some of the more memorable entries...

WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 2008

I've never talked much about The Gene Generation premier. Maybe it's because I merely went in and out like a college girl on prom night.

Our premier was held in Arizona, half the reason because it's my home town, and half the reason because I wanted to prove to the teachers that kicking me out of school was not an indication whether I would succeed in my career at all (which is something they have been very adamant about telling me for some reasons)

It was pretty much fun and games for everyone. For me, perhaps one of the scariest times of my life. Premiers, for me, have a similar poetry to Dante's The Divine Comedy. What starts of as heaven and a sense of accomplishments always veers towards purgatory and hell. See, I can't see or watch my movie in front of crowd of thousands. It just stresses me out too much. Every movie you do is a baby, it is a intense part of your soul that you give for the sake of entertainment. It wasn't until I started making movies that I knew what freaks and geeks felt like in a circus side-show.

But try sitting there and watching the crowd react towards your soul. Sometimes even a tickle hurts. Sometimes I interpret it wrong (according to my friends). Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but that's the reason why I seldom look at my name on google. What used to be fun when I was young is now a scary prospect to see how much people might hate me.

Go figure. That's the life of a filmmaker.... well, for me anyways...
    POSTED BY PEARRY REGINALD TEO AT 10:54 PM
    Awwww... you went home to show all those teachers who said you were worthless what fer... except it turned out the audience thought you were worthless. Such a shame.

Very funny, Gabriel.

I also like this one a lot:

WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 2008

The Hurry Up and Wait Game
    Who doesn't feel frustrated with the hurry up and wait game? While the world certainly doesn't revolve around me, my alter ego 'Mr. Selfish' who is married to 'Mrs. Impatient' certainly thinks so.

There's nothing like sitting here feeling totally hopeless because you're not doing anything. Yeah, there are a ton of stuff I can do, but biting your nails at the hopeful prospect about something certainly doesn't help you focus. Perhaps it's another lazy excuse for getting to work, but with hunger slowly setting in and my stubborn nature to peel myself away from my computer, I'm beginning to think "Do something now or go get something to eat".

Procrastination has probably got to do with the fact I have to drive 7 hours back to Arizona again. Since my kids live there, I have to make the effort to see them, no matter how tedious it might seem. Kids don't understand that, they only know whether you are there for them or not. Oh well, all part of parenthood. At the very least, I know I'll forget about the deserted drive when I see them. Ahh, what great muses they have made to me.
    POSTED BY PEARRY REGINALD TEO AT 9:19 PM
    WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I have to drive SEVEN HOURS to Arizona to see my children I abandoned there. Goddamn kids only understand the fact that their father bailed on his responsibilities to make shitty movies in LA, they have no fucking appreciation whatsoever for the seven hours that you spend driving back there to pretend you're a responsible adult for one weekend every (I'm gonna guess) three months.

WHY DON'T MY FUCKING KIDS REALIZE HOW MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE ASS IT IS TO LOSE A WEEKEND OF MY TIME THAT COULD BE SPENT MAKING MOVIES NOBODY CARES ABOUT JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE TOTAL JERKS WHO INSIST ON CONTINUING TO LIVE. Stupid selfish offspring.

I appreciate the commentary, but posting these blog entries (assuming they're legit) only casts further doubt that Board PRT is Real PRT. The voice of the nervous kid premiering movies in his hometown (however futilely) doesn't match the voice of the homeless man's Ronnie who came on here talking unprovoked shit about movies and boasting about his own game.

The burn on Oolong's name was pure Randy. You may as well own it.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Sorry to interrupt these supposed shenanigans.

Does anyone know how to find out when the times/reservations will be available for the midnight screening of The Avengers at the Arclight Hollywood? I kind of got the responsibility of that put on me for my group of friends... Comes out May 3rd/4th and all the other Arclight theaters have options already. I really dont want a shitty seat in the front. Thx guys.
    It doesn't look like it's playing at the Arclight Hollywood, because it's playing at the El Capitan (Disney owns Marvel and the El Cap, by the way).

El Capitan charges more for all middle seating (VIP seating, as they call it). Definately more expensive than the Arclight. I may try to see it at the Grove or somewhere else, to save the $$$ for movies that will actually be at the Arclight.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Has anyone else seen this mess about The Hobbit being shot in, and played at, 48fps? Sounds like a bad idea, since, you know, Jackson and company did very well for themselves with the LOTR films shot in good ol' 24fps:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-h...-too-ga,73007/

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Has anyone else seen this mess about The Hobbit being shot in, and played at, 48fps? Sounds like a bad idea, since, you know, Jackson and company did very well for themselves with the LOTR films shot in good ol' 24fps:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-h...-too-ga,73007/
    I don't think that having done well for oneself in the past is an inherent justification for keeping the status quo. I'm going to withhold my judgement on 48p until I see The Hobbit - which, given my feelings toward Jackson's filmmaking, hadn't really been a priority until now. Based on what I have read, I'm expecting to mostly hate this effect. The difference between 24p (NTSC) and 25p (PAL) is plenty noticeable, let alone the jump to 30 (common to HD video and broadcast). Jacking it up to 48 is going to be pretty goddamn jarring; I'm guessing it will be great for a surface-level spectacle like Transformers, but mostly worthless for anything that is composed to resemble true cinema. I've always had that question when reading articles by Roger Ebert (and others) who advocate higher-frame 2D as the true next-level immersive technique (as opposed to 3D), and the reports from Cinemacon have basically echoed those concerns. But yeah....we'll revisit this in December when we have a little education.

Coachella Junkie

I'm guessing it will be great for a surface-level spectacle like Transformers, but mostly worthless for anything that is composed to resemble true cinema.
    Worthless I could live with. It's going to have the same effect as turning 120HZ on a TV - make me feel like I'm watching a soap opera.

I fucking hate 120hz. I'm constantly amazed by people who think that Blu-ray or HD in general is supposed to look like that and are either turned off to the format or, even more baffling, refuse to change the setting on the TV.

Was Cabin in the Woods based off a book? I thought it was pretty great, but did have almost all the same qualms as Gabe. I also would have liked to see them maybe expand on the stoner's selfishness at the end, whether it be made more comical or serious.
    DREAM BIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by AlecEiffel View Post
    I fucking hate 120hz. I'm constantly amazed by people who think that Blu-ray or HD in general is supposed to look like that and are either turned off to the format or, even more baffling, refuse to change the setting on the TV.
    I turn the Auto Motion to high on my TV from time to time just to fuck around, should I be turning that off for movies I'm guessing?

Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by AlecEiffel View Post
    THIS, all the way. I once had a friend who thought that the then-new Wizard of OZ blu-ray looked terrible (yes, a movie they lovingly restored and scanned at 8k) because she wouldn't adjust her HD tv, so it could be viewed directly. Me and a whole bunch of others told her over facebook how to adjust it, and she insisted that we were wrong and she was returning her blu-ray player the next day.

I am no longer friends with this person.

Theme night listing:

I don't think that having done well for oneself in the past is an inherent justification for keeping the status quo. I'm going to withhold my judgement on 48p until I see The Hobbit - which, given my feelings toward Jackson's filmmaking, hadn't really been a priority until now. Based on what I have read, I'm expecting to mostly hate this effect. The difference between 24p (NTSC) and 25p (PAL) is plenty noticeable, let alone the jump to 30 (common to HD video and broadcast). Jacking it up to 48 is going to be pretty goddamn jarring; I'm guessing it will be great for a surface-level spectacle like Transformers, but mostly worthless for anything that is composed to resemble true cinema. I've always had that question when reading articles by Roger Ebert (and others) who advocate higher-frame 2D as the true next-level immersive technique (as opposed to 3D), and the reports from Cinemacon have basically echoed those concerns. But yeah....we'll revisit this in December when we have a little education.
    To me, it just seems like such a risky situation. I understand wanting to try out a new format, but why use it on a film that has a lot of money riding on it. It's not that I doubt that it's not going to be a success, but I think a lot of people are going to potentially be turned off of the format altogether if it looks like how these articles discribe it as being. Here is to hoping that the 2D version of The Hobbit is going to be in conventional 2D.

Theme night listing:

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Was Cabin in the Woods based off a book? I thought it was pretty great, but did have almost all the same qualms as Gabe. I also would have liked to see them maybe expand on the stoner's selfishness at the end, whether it be made more comical or serious.
    I believe it was not based on any preexisting source. And I also like your note about digging deeper into the selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    I turn the Auto Motion to high on my TV from time to time just to fuck around, should I be turning that off for movies I'm guessing?
    You should probably turn it off for anything that wasn't designed to be played back that way. I'm not aware of any movie (until The Hobbit) or show that fits that description.

To me, it just seems like such a risky situation. I understand wanting to try out a new format, but why use it on a film that has a lot of money riding on it. It's not that I doubt that it's not going to be a success, but I think a lot of people are going to potentially be turned off of the format altogether if it looks like how these articles discribe it as being. Here is to hoping that the 2D version of The Hobbit is going to be in conventional 2D.
    I don't think it's a studio decision to debut 48p on The Hobbit; seems like Peter Jackson and James Cameron are the ones pushing hard for everyone else to adopt it. Because this is the first major release in 48p, I'm guessing that nowhere near enough theaters will adopt the format between now and Christmas, which means there will likely be four different versions of it in theaters - 48p and 24p, both in 2D and 3D. You'll have to choose your screenings carefully.

You never know - it might turn out to be great. Unlike the bad 3D conversions that have littered cinemas since early 2010, this is the native format in which the movie is being photographed. That's considerably different from watching TV shows that have been shot at 24p, projected at 30 or 60p, and then converted to 120Hz by the TV - which basically means the TV set is generating intermediate frames on its own from a non-master source. This is the reason MotionFlow is such a bastard concept.

THIS, all the way. I once had a friend who thought that the then-new Wizard of OZ blu-ray looked terrible (yes, a movie they lovingly restored and scanned at 8k) because she wouldn't adjust her HD tv, so it could be viewed directly. Me and a whole bunch of others told her over facebook how to adjust it, and she insisted that we were wrong and she was returning her blu-ray player the next day.

I am no longer friends with this person.
    Wise move.
    Last edited by schoolofruckus; 04-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.

The Turin Horse at Cinefamily. 4/27 - 5/3.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

This 48fps debate will rage on, I'm sure. It's like no longer content to create format wars at home (vhs vs. beta, cd vs. vinyl, blu-ray vs. hd-dvd), the powers that be want format wars at the cineplex. Now we get the "honor" of seeing the movie in 2D, 3D, IMAX, IMAX 3D, REAL-D... wake me when smell-o-vision comes back.
    Last edited by tyles; 04-25-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: grammer, or lack thereof

Theme night listing: