Thread: Coachella Tepees

Default Coachella Tepees

I'm planning on going to Coachella in 2016 (my friend and I don't have enough money to go in 2015) and we're interested in getting a tepee. Unfortunately, I can't find any info/pros-cons about getting a tepee and no photos of what it looks like inside one. Are there anyone out there who has spent the weekend in the Lake El Dorado tepees? How did you like it? How did you and your friends get ready in the morning (changing clothes, doing hair/makeup)? How were the restrooms and showers? And where did you park your car? Thanks so much!!!

Default Re: Coachella Tepees

•LAKE ELDORADO TEE PEE w/GA (2 person) $2350
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spot includes a fully pitched and “ready to go” kick ass tee pee style tent with 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes. Also includes 1 overnight parking spot for the weekend in an adjacent lot (no vehicle ins/outs) (+ additional charge for international shipping)
    •LAKE ELDORADO TEE PEE w/VIP (2 person) $3200
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched “ready to go” kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 VIP festival passes. Also includes 1 overnight parking spot for the weekend in an adjacent lot (no vehicle ins/outs) (+ additional charge for international shipping)

I know this doesnt answer all your questions, but i think it will provide some info. Why are you looking for Tee-Pee camping and not just regular camping?

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    •LAKE ELDORADO TEE PEE w/GA (2 person) $2350
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spot includes a fully pitched and “ready to go” kick ass tee pee style tent with 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes. Also includes 1 overnight parking spot for the weekend in an adjacent lot (no vehicle ins/outs) (+ additional charge for international shipping)
    •LAKE ELDORADO TEE PEE w/VIP (2 person) $3200
    Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched “ready to go” kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 VIP festival passes. Also includes 1 overnight parking spot for the weekend in an adjacent lot (no vehicle ins/outs) (+ additional charge for international shipping)

I know this doesnt answer all your questions, but i think it will provide some info. Why are you looking for Tee-Pee camping and not just regular camping?
    Thanks for that info! I wanted to try teepee camping because for the experience and to be closer to the venue. My friend and I have never done anything like this before and we're still trying to figure out what will be the cheapest way to experience Coachella. We're also trying to calculate if we should take a road trip from Texas to Cali or fly in and get a rental car.

Fuck the Tee Pee and just get regular camping. you will save a fortune. That, and you will get the REAL Coachella experience. Bring your own tent and canopy, alcohol (plastic or cans) and bring your own food and whatever else you need to survive. Trust me, dont waste your money and time with the Tee Pee.

I spent two years in a row at Lake Eldorado a few years back. I had a two person tent both times, which was pretty nice. I checked out the teepees, and they seemed pretty awesome. There's a dedicated parking lot just for Lake Eldorado residents, right next door, which is a big plus for hauling stuff in and out. If you need to make a run to the store to stock back up, no problem. Plus they have their own porta potties and SHOWERS. Time it right and you'll never have a line. It's definitely not the cheapest way to go, but it's a great step up from the regular camping zone.

Here's a photo of the inside of the teepees:

Not too shabby, I guess.
    Last edited by Peter_Tork; 11-18-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added teepee poto

um, that's a pic of Safari tent, right?

Lake Eldorado did NOT have those kinds of amenities this past year.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Yeah, that is a definitely the Safari tent. The teepees have cots, not beds. The big selling point for me is that the teepes have dedicated restroom and shower trailers for just teepee people. WOOHOO. You don't have to deal with the portapotties, and the showers won't have long lines.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 11-20-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Churros are for single user eating and are not to be shared.

That was one of the reasons why I wanted to get a teepee but at the same time, I don't want to spend a fortune on the trip. So what else would yall suggest?

Regular camping. Bring an inflatable mattress or whatever you need to be comfortable. the showers are not that bad, just dont go during peak hours. Im telling you, for your first experience you will wish you stayed in camping.

Camping in regular camping is definitely the cheapest, but you had to be prepared to rough it. Bring air mattresses, baby wipes, and lots of sunscreen. And a lot of water and granola bars or Clif bars. And a tent and a EZ up if you can afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Churros are for single user eating and are not to be shared.

You can buy these things and then return them to wal-mart after the weekend if they arent damaged. I beleif this trick has been used for centuries...

The shower lines are never really THAT bad and the porta potties are bearable.