Someone mentioned creating a thread solely for the females on the "Tips for Newbies" thread . Hope its useful. And if you don't think so, well, just trying to help-
For the lady newbies and seasoned pros, any tips? do's and don'ts?
here are some of mine:
What to Bring/ pack
1.dont over pack. bring a light sweater for the evening and a hat that can
fold away into your bag nicely.
2.toilet seat covers! they cost a buck and you get 5. they come in a handy case. also recommend moist towelettes over the liquid sanitizer. less drying.
3. extra hair ties for those in a hair crisis
5. lip goo
7. take advil or something before you go in
8. a lighter.
1. stay away from pizza and burgers. take it easy like rice and veggies or a corn on the cob.
2. If you cant stay away from the junk, take an immodium ad before you go in to avoid the shits.
3. store stuff in the car like frozen water bottles (melt to chill) and snacks
1. Light and airy- let it all breathe. no silk (sweaty) linen (wrinkly), or denim (heavy!!) is recommended .
2. Light colors (duh) try to avoid white dresses- they get dirty!
3. sturdy sandals. I had a friends' flip flop break on her. ouch!
1. if it really concerns you, sacrifice early shows and plan for a 4pm arrival. its the hottest time but it only gets cooler from there. spend the first have of your day poolside!
2. wide brim hats rock
3. little paper fans help too
any other tips ladies?