Thread: The Year in Photos, 2015 Edition

Cool The Year in Photos, 2015 Edition

This one's just for fun.

What did your year in music look like? Snap any photos with your camera or smartphone? Post your favorite photos of the gigs and festivals you caught in 2015.

No more than 10 per person...don't want the thread to crash any devices.
    6/26 Sunflower Bean @ Constellation Room, 7/3 Telecaves @ Non Plus Ultra, 7/7 Mitski @ The Echo, 7/22 Weird Al @ Hollywood Bowl, 7/28 Tokimonsta @ Hammer Museum, 8/3 Marissa Nadler @ The Echo, 8/4 Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium, 8/7 Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl, 8/27-28 FYF Fest, 9/24 Music Tastes Good, 9/25 Lush @ Fonda

Default Re: The Year in Photos, 2015 Edition

Deafheaven

Nils Frahm
    Attached Images Attached Images

After an extended period of depression and helplessness, I forced myself to go out and shoot one of the residency shows of Dorothy (after which I received some unexpected kudos from none other than Tom Morello):

The Coachella and Primavera lineups didn't really live up to past years, so I went to Wales for the Green Man Festival instead, where I saw a lot of great sets, such as a life-affirming joy-athon from the previously unfamiliar Songhoy Blues:

The live debut of Sexwitch, a collaboration between Bat for Lashes and TOY whose existence wasn't even announced until hours earlier:

Father John Misty:

And the Almighty Herself, St. Vincent:

Got a last minute assignment to shoot the Beach Goth festival. Normally I avoid going behind the orange curtain, but the $$ was good and I couldn't resist the opportunity to photograph Warpaint (both onstage and backstage!):

George Clinton:

And the freaks:

Reaching my limit, so I'll just toss in this one of Marina and the Diamonds:

I recently got a new phone, which features a camera with manual controls and RAW support, which should help when I can't, or don't feel like, bringing a camera. Here's a shot of Colleen Green taken with my LG V10:
    6/26 Sunflower Bean @ Constellation Room, 7/3 Telecaves @ Non Plus Ultra, 7/7 Mitski @ The Echo, 7/22 Weird Al @ Hollywood Bowl, 7/28 Tokimonsta @ Hammer Museum, 8/3 Marissa Nadler @ The Echo, 8/4 Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium, 8/7 Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl, 8/27-28 FYF Fest, 9/24 Music Tastes Good, 9/25 Lush @ Fonda

Pea, really cool Deafheaven shot. I still need to see them live.

Mutual Benefit warming up while Moses Sumney is doing a photo shoot with Trayer Tryon of Hundred Waters.

Hiking around Arcosanti

Charles Bradley @ Coachella

Ryan Adams @ Coachella

Fucked Up @ Fun Fun Fun Fest

Finally, one of my favorite moments of the year. My brother surprised me and showed up @ Fun Fun Fun Fest to celebrate my 30th Bday with me.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Pea, really cool Deafheaven shot. I still need to see them live.
    Thanks! They actually reposted it on their Facebook page. It was a proud moment for me.

Great pictures. I can't wait to see more.

I'll post some when I round up my best of the year, but I just want to tell Boourns that I freaking love that shot of St. Vincent. Gives me a 50's movie vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    I'll post some when I round up my best of the year, but I just want to tell Boourns that I freaking love that shot of St. Vincent. Gives me a 50's movie vibe.
    Thank you!

Jenny Lewis

Run The Jewels

The Used

St Vincent

Disco Ball

D'Angelo

FKA Twigs

Vic Mensa

Tyler The Creator

Axwell & Ingrosso ( don't hate )

Chance The Rapper floating

No place like home in L.A.

You got some rad shots supre.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I love the disco ball one.

Field Day Festival outside the dance tent. There were tons of little metal canisters on the ground and even saw a pile of shit.

English festival etiquette. There were no lines for the port-o's for the hens because all the lads choose to pee on this wall. Brilliant.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 12-23-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Shows were at a minimum due to recovery from transplant surgery, but my big moment was flying down from the Bay Area for a night of Coachella after saying what I thought were my final goodbyes to the polo grounds after Queens of the Stone Age out there in 2014. What a triumphant return. The big reason for doing so was to hopefully meet Kasabian as it was their music I asked the surgeon to play as I was going under for these new lungs. Let's just say it all worked out, from meeting Serge, Chris and Tim as they arrived to their trailer to hanging out with Tom after the show, being invited by him into their trailer for a couple hours of drinks and chat. Even made these rock stars tear up a little bit with the story. During the show Serge jumped down into the photo pit and made a beeline after seeing me at the rail, came straight over and shared a high five with him. such an amazing and surreal moment, coming back from death's doorstep to where I am now.

Was also able to bring my sis and cousin along for the fun.

Shitty pic, but great night with QOTSA at Teragram. Was admitted in hospital at Stanford the morning of the show, got out around 3 and jammed the 6 hours down the 5 to make it into the venue just 10 minutes before they took the stage. Insane.

Such a fun night, EODM at Teragram. Especially poignant looking back when the attacks in Paris happened just a few weeks later.

And an honorable mention since it's one of my favorite pictures of all time. Photog snapped this a few years ago. My friend set up passes for my family to come spend a day with me at the fest. Tame Impala is on the outdoor behind us.

This is how my son chose to go for walks with me several times, future Coachella performer

His first real late night rock show, Ride at the Warfiled in SF with me in April. Even got him a Coke to drink to help him make it through the show. He only made it through about half of their set before curling up in the seat to sleep

Last edited by JustSteve; 12-23-2015 at 03:48 PM.