Page 2290 of 2562 FirstFirst ... 22852286228722882289229022912292229322942295 ... LastLast
Results 68,671 to 68,700 of 76837

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Set times for Flips tonight. The Blood Bath should be awesome!

Here are tonight's set times! Doors 5:30pm, @whitedenimmusic 7pm, @tameimpala 7:45pm, @theflaminglips 9:15, "Blood Bath" encore 10:30pm.
    Thanks for the set times! I got them a bit late but left work early and caught most of White Denim. Tame Impala turned in a full set and played Desire Be, Desire Go. Nice. Flaming Lips... well I think the Blood Bath mostly involved Carrie-style Wayne freezing for the first few songs. They did their thing. Happy times!
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

I would have been satisfied if that had just been a Tame Impala show. I wasn't expecting a full set from them.
    Flaming Lips went on at least 30 minutes late, but the Carrie/Halloween themed opening with the blood balloons was pretty fun. I don't know if that was the "blood bath" thing, but it seems that was cut due to the delay & 11pm curfew.

They blew past that curfew, yea? I saw them chatting about it on stage right at 11pm. Then they did Do You Realize.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

Oh, and pretty sure the blood bath thing was a reference to Wayne being soaked in some kind of reddish ichor right at the start the show. Then watching him freeze while various colors of confetti stuck to it and steam rolled off him. He swore up and down after it happened but it was, of course, staged. Considering how cold it was, I appreciated the effort!

The Blood Bath set never happened as they ran out of time... Look at their twitter as they talk about playing with Tame Impala during their Blood Bath set. It was a great night, but super lame that the Flips played less then Tame Impala. Both were stellar by the way. I loved the Carrie homage.

Well that sucks. Typical Greek curfew problems. What can ya do?

Does anyone know if Tame Impala has an opening band tonight at Belasco or just set times in general? Tickets say 8pm doors.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

So I'm looking for something to do tomorrow night for Halloween. I saw that Maxim from The Prodigy is doing a dj set at a local club here. Has anyone seen him outside of The Prodigy before, and if so, is it worth seeing?

May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 6 - The Rolling Stones
    June 10 - Melvins
    June 20 - Blur
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury
    July 18 - Death Grips?
    July 26 - Faith No More
    September 25 - Kraftwerk

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    The Blood Bath set never happened as they ran out of time... Look at their twitter as they talk about playing with Tame Impala during their Blood Bath set. It was a great night, but super lame that the Flips played less then Tame Impala. Both were stellar by the way. I loved the Carrie homage.
    Kevin Parker from TI was out jamming on the Halloween Theme to start the show

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Ezra Furman & his new band the Boy-Friends are going on tour in support of their new album, DAY OF THE DOG. 2nd half of the tour will be with Tristen (she's fantastic) as support.

SCHEDULE (updated!):

* = w/Tristen...

10/10 - Springfield, IL - Donnie's Homespun
    10/11 - Champaign, IL - Mike n Molly's
    10/12 - Chicago, IL - Subterranean
    10/16 - Columbus, OH - Ace of Cups
    10/17 - Pittsburgh, PA - Club Cafe
    10/19 - New York, NY - The Living Room
    10/22 - Cambridge, MA - The Middle East Upstairs
    10/23 - Brooklyn, NY - Shea Stadium
    10/24 - New Hope, PA - Triumph Brewery
    10/25 - Philadelphia, PA - North Star Bar
    10/26 - Marietta, OH - Adelphia Music Hall
    10/27 - Yellow Springs, OH - Antioch College
    10/29 - Ferndale, MI - The Loving Touch
    10/31 - Cincinnati, OH - MOTR Pub
    11/1 - Indianapolis, IN - Do317 Lounge
    11/2 - St. Louis - Foam Coffee and Beer
    11/6 - Madison, WI - The Dragonfly Longe
    11/7 - Minneapolis, MN - ?
    11/8 - Des Moines, IA - Vaudeville Mews
    11/9 - Kansas City, MO - Record Bar
    11/11 - Omaha, NE - Slowdown *
    11/12 - Denver, CO - The Hi Dive *
    11/13 - Salt Lake City, UT - Kilby Court *
    11/14 - Boise, ID - Neurolux *
    11/15 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon *
    11/16 - Salem, OR - Christo's *
    11/19 - San Francisco, CA - Cafe Du Nord *
    11/20 - Davis, CA - Third Space *
    11/21 - Pioneertown, CA - Pappy and Harriet's *
    11/22 - Los Angeles, CA - The Satellite *
    11/24 - Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom *

Come get destroyed. These shows are going to be wild.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Well that sucks. Typical Greek curfew problems. What can ya do?

Does anyone know if Tame Impala has an opening band tonight at Belasco or just set times in general? Tickets say 8pm doors.
    White Denim is opening. Would be cool if the Lips joined the boys at the Belasco tonight to do Blood Bath, thats if they arent in SF already.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i haven't liked anything he's done since his second album with the harpoons. shame, too. those sets were awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I think his only album after that was his solo album The Year of No Returning. That's when I first heard of him and saw him solo then I went back and got into the previous albums. He is definitely much more rockin' with a full electric performance. He will be touring with a new band this tour so we'll see.

Here's a little of the new stuff.

Another RBMA "$3 with RSVP" show at the Troubadour next month:

11/21
    Machinedrum (billed as "Vapor City live")
    Soft Metals
    SISU

Tickets: http://www.redbullsoundselect.com/ev...nt-los-angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Wisdom of the Glove at Secret Location, Brooklyn

On Thanksgiving Eve, Wed 11.27, we are proud to welcome Guy Gerber's Wisdom of the Glove party to Brooklyn for an all night warehouse event.
    10pm-6am

Line-up
    Guy Gerber
    DJ Tennis
    Bill Patrick
    Thugfucker
    Delano Smith
    Lake People

ALL NIGHT LONG with...Metro Area

Friday December 13
    11:59 PM
    Cameo Gallery Brooklyn, NY
    21 and over
    $12

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/406553

5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

wow and wow. jealous

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    White Denim is opening. Would be cool if the Lips joined the boys at the Belasco tonight to do Blood Bath, thats if they arent in SF already.
    Cool- thanks. I liked White Denim surprisingly well. Wouldn't mind seeing them again. I'm gonna guess them around 8:30 and TI at around 9:30.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    wow and wow. jealous
    Thank god next day is Thanksgiving haha....at least you guys have this to look forward to

Stevie Wonder will be performing his 1976 album, Songs in the Key of Life, at his annual House Full of Toys benefit concert on December 21st at the Nokia Theatre in LA.

Tickets go on sale November 1st!

5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post

Stevie Wonder will be performing his 1976 album, Songs in the Key of Life, at his annual House Full of Toys benefit concert on December 21st at the Nokia Theatre in LA.

Whoaa.....Awesomeness

anyone been to the belasco? Online reviews of the venue make it sound like a shit show.

sounds like they did the blood bath fist last night then the normal lips set. wonder if Santa Barbara will also be a blood bath show. either way very excited for tonight and Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Thank god next day is Thanksgiving haha....at least you guys have this to look forward to

Oh yea?? I always skip that event. But if he is gonna do Songs In the Key Of Life, that changes things considerably. He is so great live, I should just go anyway. His last time out at the Hollywood Bowl ranks high on my list of fave concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    anyone been to the belasco? Online reviews of the venue make it sound like a shit show.
    it's not that bad at all. sure, it's nowhere near as great a venue as the fonda, but the 3 times i have been i haven't really had anything to complain about too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    it's not that bad at all. sure, it's nowhere near as great a venue as the fonda, but the 3 times i have been i haven't really had anything to complain about too much.
    that is what i was hoping. when they have club nights, it seems to be terrible, from the bartenders to the security guards. the reviews on yelp and such are pretty terrible.

Anyone ever been to Apogee Studio? Seeing Johnny Marr there on Monday.
    4/8 Ride @ The Roxy, 4/10 St. Vincent @ The Cosmopolitan, 4/14 Barry Manilow @ Staples Center, 5/2 Desert Daze, 5/8-10 Levitation, 5/16 The Juan Maclean @ The Regent, 6/10 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Cafe, 6/12 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Utah

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I think his only album after that was his solo album The Year of No Returning. That's when I first heard of him and saw him solo then I went back and got into the previous albums. He is definitely much more rockin' with a full electric performance. He will be touring with a new band this tour so we'll see.

Here's a little of the new stuff.
    Mysterious Power came out in 2011. I like this track though. sounds more like Inside the Human Body, which is by far his best material imo.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Oh, and pretty sure the blood bath thing was a reference to Wayne being soaked in some kind of reddish ichor right at the start the show. Then watching him freeze while various colors of confetti stuck to it and steam rolled off him. He swore up and down after it happened but it was, of course, staged. Considering how cold it was, I appreciated the effort!
    I loved his comment how he was going for Carrie but ended up looking like Courtney Love.

I enjoyed the show but couldn't believe all the celebrities, very odd, just in my area I saw the host from some extreme home makeover show (didn't know him the security girl did), Tim Robbins, Adam Goldberg, Jackson Browne and a few others I can't remember.

http://www.flavorus.com/event/Hard-P...manydjs/197241
    Is anyone considering going to this? I really hope that there is a miracle and i can go.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    http://www.flavorus.com/event/Hard-P...manydjs/197241
    Is anyone considering going to this? I really hope that there is a miracle and i can go.
    was discussed a few pages back... but yes... I do believe some board members (myself included) are planning to attend.

I'll be there as well. Definitely cant miss that.

Damn Tame Impala were great tonight. One of my top shows for the year.

I really dug the Belasco. Particularly how the floor has a nice slight slope towards the stage which made standing towards the back perfectly fine with a great view. May have been imagining this slope I am speaking of but that is how it seemed. The sound at the beginning of the show was sort of bad. The entire mix was super low, pretty much no bass presence and I heard the people around me talking and bottles clanging in the bar more than I did the performance. But the sound got exponentially better and louder, and the show really came to life during Half Full Glass of Wine. From that point on I thought the energy from the crowd was great and Kevin later commented that he really felt the love from the crowd tonight, more so than the show last night. The visuals were awesome as usual and filled up way more of the wall behind the band than I remember at Fox Pomona show.

16 song setlist lasted for about 1 hr 40 (set list says 95 min). Seriously loved this show. Great performance from Tame and once the show caught its groove it really went.

tame set list.jpg

(a girl in the merch booth line following the show let me take a photo of her setlist)