Page 2233 of 2549 FirstFirst ... 22282229223022312232223322342235223622372238 ... LastLast
Results 66,961 to 66,990 of 76443

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #66961
    Member spiggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,650

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Saturday, August 31st-JON HOPKINS (Domino Records- UK) - LIVE
    Plus more TBA!

    at Cameo Gallery- 93 N 6th Street
    11:59pm, 21+. $10 advance tickets

    Thu., September 05, 2013 at 10:00 PM-Boom Collective + LPR present: FIXED x Verboten, Todd Terje & LindstrÝm (live US debut)
    w/ JDH & Dave P
    at Brooklyn Masonic Temple $25

    9/30 Music Hall of Williamsburg $3 at the door
    The Bouncing Souls/Gaslight Anthem frontman Brian Fallon/Aye Nako
    I wonder how Lindstrom is live... I find his DJ sets uninspiring, at best... but I do like a lot of his productions.. and "I Feel Space" is still an amazing tune!

  2. #66962

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Empire of the Sun: Presale TODAY @10 AM Password=DUNE
    Disclosure: No presale. Onsale Friday @10AM

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  3. #66963
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,050

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Does the Fox Pomona do "pit" tickets like Club Nokia does? Or am I just gonna have to get there early to get in to the lower section for Disclosure?

  4. #66964

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Does the Fox Pomona do "pit" tickets like Club Nokia does? Or am I just gonna have to get there early to get in to the lower section for Disclosure?
    When I went to Modest Mouse I got there fairly close to show time and went straight to the front floor. I did not see anyone with pit wristbands or anything like that.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  5. #66965
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,232

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Does the Fox Pomona do "pit" tickets like Club Nokia does? Or am I just gonna have to get there early to get in to the lower section for Disclosure?
    SOMETIMES The Fox, Wiltern, and Nokia all do this, but not all the time, and you don't really know until tickets go on sale.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

  6. #66966
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I know this has been discussed before, but its just really frustrating.. just sell the pit tickets for an extra $10 for all those venues and call it a day, I will gladly pay extra for that guaranteed spot

  7. #66967
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,050

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Ticket page does list different price options so I wouldn't doubt that'll be the case.

  8. #66968
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,019

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yeah my only reservation about the Fox versus the Fonda is getting to the floor since it's "first come first serve."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    Hipsters could never have survived the days of Terror, Donnie Brasco, and Throwdown at the Knitting Factory in LA. Everyone was just beating the shit out of everone else by the end of the show.
    I remember going to a show at the Glass House with Terror and Donnie Brasco on the bill. A fight spilled out onto the street after the show and the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  9. #66969
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,296

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    BOREDOMS. Someone fly me out to Philly.
    The good news is that they're doing two shows (NYC and Pittsburgh). And there's no way they would go through the trouble of getting the US paperwork for just two shows, right?
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  10. #66970
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,589

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Louis CK, Drew Carey, Daniel Tosh surprise drop ins at Meltdown last night and Fly Lo Low End Theory drop in. Good surprise double dip in LA last night.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  11. #66971
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,164

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I'd love to believe that. Although I'd also be fine with them coming over to play a few sets and record in NYC or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  12. #66972

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Moby presale delayed.

    We are very sorry but due to technical issues the ticket pre-sale has been delayed until tomorrow, Friday 9th August at 10am PDT, we apologize for any inconvenience.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  13. #66973
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,949

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yet another Shrine presale where you start off with shitty balcony tickets only to see nice orchestra tickets released 20-30+ minutes later. Thank god I remembered this and waited to pull the trigger.
    For your health

  14. #66974
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    ^ Noticed that. Ridiculous. I had a 10:00 meeting, so i grabbed row one of lodge to see that 30 minutes later row 10 orchestra was avail. How close were you able to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  15. #66975
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Set times for Grizzly Bear at HF tomorrow:

    Doors - 7
    Regal Degal - 7:30
    Grizzly Bear - 8:45
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  16. #66976
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Doc Sportello's hood
    Posts
    20,249

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Does the Fox Pomona do "pit" tickets like Club Nokia does? Or am I just gonna have to get there early to get in to the lower section for Disclosure?
    You received two poor pieces of advice. It's almost always first come first served, as xuclarockerx mentioned, when doors open they hand out bottom floor area wristbands until they run out. Plan on getting there early.
    5/01 - Sleater-Kinney - Palladium
    5/03 - Lightning Bolt/Liturgy - Echoplex
    5/05 - Thee Oh Sees - The Smell
    5/08 - The Acid - El Rey (?)
    5/14 - Melody's Echo Chamber - Roxy (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    pube farm
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  17. #66977
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,949

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    ^ Noticed that. Ridiculous. I had a 10:00 meeting, so i grabbed row one of lodge to see that 30 minutes later row 10 orchestra was avail. How close were you able to get?
    We ended up settling on row 14. There are three of us going, so we weren't sure if we would get any closer. Plus, I got locked out of the TM website from searching too many times. Whoops.
    For your health

  18. #66978

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    We ended up settling on row 14. There are three of us going, so we weren't sure if we would get any closer. Plus, I got locked out of the TM website from searching too many times. Whoops.
    This happened to me once, and according to Ticketmaster, every time you try and load ticketmaster.com while you are blocked, the 24 hour ban resets. So don't try going to Ticketmaster until 24 hours have passed, or just use a different internet connection (like your phone's 3G or LTE).

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  19. #66979

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Yet another Shrine presale where you start off with shitty balcony tickets only to see nice orchestra tickets released 20-30+ minutes later. Thank god I remembered this and waited to pull the trigger.
    got some PITS about 8 mins in..

  20. #66980
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Regarding the TM ban, I think some people on here have mentioned resetting your router to try and fix the problem as well? Not sure if that works or not but worth a try I guess

  21. #66981
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,232

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I was locked out of ticketmaster from my work computer for almost a week last year. It was fucking annoying.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

  22. #66982
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,754

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Monday Night Social got back to good booking when they moved to sound.

    October 21 - Hot Since 82 http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?507407
    November 4th - Finnebassen http://www.mondaysocial.com/event.php?event=85

  23. #66983
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Anyone ever try to drive down craigslist prices by placing fake ads offering tickets cheaper than others are listing?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  24. #66984
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,884

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    Louis CK, Drew Carey, Daniel Tosh surprise drop ins at Meltdown last night and Fly Lo Low End Theory drop in. Good surprise double dip in LA last night.
    Are you talking about the Nerdist Theater inside Meltdown Comics? I have never been there, I was wondering what it was like because they are having a chiptune show there soon I am interested in. Secondly, what was the show that all those comedians dropped in on? Thanks.

  25. #66985
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,884

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Anyone ever try to drive down craigslist prices by placing fake ads offering tickets cheaper than others are listing?
    My friend tried it and it doesn't work because the other people who post rarely look at the other posts, what my friend did, that did work is he had his friends all contact the guy posing as flaky buyers who kept backing out, eventually the guy went bonkers and lowered his price, but that is way too much work for me.

  26. #66986
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,589

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Are you talking about the Nerdist Theater inside Meltdown Comics? I have never been there, I was wondering what it was like because they are having a chiptune show there soon I am interested in. Secondly, what was the show that all those comedians dropped in on? Thanks.
    Yah same. Nerdist Theater has overtaken UCB Theater as the best "underground" comic venue in LA. Usually $5-$10 cover and byob if you do it discretely. Tixs pre-purchased on their website. Capacity I would say is around 60-75 seated and another 20 standing in the back. So get there early to get a seat if you can. Cause standing for couple hrs could suck. Their biggest show is the Meltdown Weds 830 and that gets the most drop ins. Every big comic has done it from Aziz, Hannibal, Donald Glover, Zach G, Louis CK, etc. I believe they even film it for Comedy Central series directed by Lance Bangs so it will even be more crowded these days. Other good weekly/bi montly shows are Doug Benson Interruption and Harmontown (The dude that created Community).
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  27. #66987
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,884

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    Yah same. Nerdist Theater has overtaken UCB Theater as the best "underground" comic venue in LA. Usually $5-$10 cover and byob if you do it discretely. Tixs pre-purchased on their website. Capacity I would say is around 60-75 seated and another 20 standing in the back. So get there early to get a seat if you can. Cause standing for couple hrs could suck. Their biggest show is the Meltdown Weds 830 and that gets the most drop ins. Every big comic has done it from Aziz, Hannibal, Donald Glover, Zach G, Louis CK, etc. I believe they even film it for Comedy Central series directed by Lance Bangs so it will even be more crowded these days. Other good weekly/bi montly shows are Doug Benson Interruption and Harmontown (The dude that created Community).
    Thanks for the info!

  28. #66988
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    4,263

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    From the mnml tech thread:

    Lights Down Low
    Sept. 27th
    Los Angeles

    Blondes (Live)
    Locked Groove
    South London Ordnance
    Ticket link: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/ev...C2B2EC510226C1
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  29. #66989
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Damn , its the same night as this event also. Feel like there would be a lot of crossover in people that want to attend both, what do you guys figure will be the one?

    9/27
    FAR AWAY #007
    Waze & Odyssey / Fantastic Man / Steve Huerta
    Extended Sets, Strictly RSVP - 10:00 pm
    21+

  30. #66990
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,884

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I was just excited they added STS9 and Sphongle to S Y M B I O S I S!

    Oh yeah and Jack FM...

    flashbackjacklogoonsale.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •