Page 2144 of 2585 FirstFirst ... 21392140214121422143214421452146214721482149 ... LastLast
Results 64,291 to 64,320 of 77535

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Also it was really nice meeting Suchov! I'm very jealous of him living out in the desert this time of year. Franz Ferdiand and Grizzly Bear double dip at the same venue sounds AMAZING.

Descendants were better than Postal Service
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

They YYY's were amazing in Ventura last night! We got Tick, Cheated Hearts, Black Tongue, Rockers to Swallow, Skeletons, Miles Away, and Honeybear. What a great show for my first time seeing them in their own headlining gig.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Who are you taking instead of your dad? Take your fucking dad. Have the other person use the solo ticket.
    My mom's the one who really wants to go. My dad's not much of a concert guy, but he would have gone if there was a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Modest Mouse was so so good last night. Cutter is right Spitting Venom was an amazing way to close it out. Great night
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Damn, Spitting Venom is my favorite MM song probably. That extended outro. I'm not a big enough fan to see their own show though; guess I'll settle for when it pops up on shuffle or festival appearances. My experience with them this weekend was sub-par at best.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Since they revealed that the show was Tenacious D, do the people who over paid get a refund??

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Since they revealed that the show was Tenacious D, do the people who over paid get a refund??
    Hahaha I saw that. No they just have to eat their pride.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Nope.

Tix onsale at 11

Rodriguez was fantastic last night at the Orpheum.

I did not see him at Coachella but I heard he had sound problems, the band sounded great this night though.

There is something magical watching that guy perform, doing those songs with his cowboy hat and face shrouded in darkness. There were moments when his age showed a little bit and he would temporarily lose his voice. This happened around the middle of the show but he got it back by the end.

Have to track down the setlist, there were a few songs I didn't recgonize, maybe new songs?

Oh and I wanted to punch all those obnoxious assholes yelling "Street Boy" after every fucking song. It was worse than a Skynyrd concert.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Big Black Delta is having a release party for his new full length at School Night at Bardot on April 29!

I highly recommend his live show if you haven't seen it. it keeps getting better and better.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Rodriguez was a bit shit at Coachella. I left after 3 songs to see the rest of Tame Impala. It reeked of corporate puppeteering to make more money off an already surprising amount of success for the documentary and his catalogue of money. Glad his show proper was good but I had to get out of their before my mind's image of him was tainted too much.

when I saw Rodriguez a few years ago at the echo i thought he performed great! seems like i am going to have to skip out on his performance at coachella.

I know this is the wrong thread but why did it take so long to make a documentary about Rodriguez if his big comeback was in '98?

It was a super low budget doc shot on handheld that took a long to edit, assemble, and find any kind of funding for distribution.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Anyone know what time Alt-J goes on tonight? I've been on hold for a while now.

Doors at 7, show starts at 8. Theres an opener right? Expect Alt J at 9 ish.

Thanks. Saw doors at 7 and at 8 in different places. Looking forward to there show when it doesn't involve an overflowing tent and a head dress right in front of me.

Matt (Neutral Milk Hotel) spoke with Ed Droste in Big Sur last night and Ed told him that Grizzly Bear may play the Hollywood Forever Cemetery later this year...
    8/05 - Wilco - Greek (?)
    8/06 - Tame Impala - Hollywood Forever
    8/13 - Alabama Shakes - Greek (?)
    8/14-16 - Berserktown - Observatory
    8/19 - The Jesus and Mary Chain - Fonda (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

God, that'd be brilliant.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Matt (Neutral Milk Hotel) spoke with Ed Droste in Big Sur last night and Ed told him that Grizzly Bear may play the Hollywood Forever Cemetery later this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Can someone tell me what the set times are for HTDA?

August 1 - Human Bodies
    August 15 - Metz
    September 1 - Gwar
    September 14 - GY!BE
    September 19 - Chelsea Wolfe
    September 20 - Titus Andronicus
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 7 - FFF/Mayhem/Watain/Rotting Christ
    March 24 - David Gilmour

Well that's good news. Smarting a bit I missed them and Tame Impala at Coachella.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| Aerosmith| Steely Dan/Elvis Costello| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| FYF| Erykah Badu/St Vincent| The Who| Chelsea Wolfe| AC/DC| Garbage| Blur| The Cult/Primal Scream

The Evens were absolutely spectacular at the Vex tonight. one of the most respectful crowds I have ever been a part of - during the quiet parts you could hear a pin drop, and the I haven't seen such minimal use of cameras in a long time. Everybody there really wanted to enjoy the show, and we were all in awe of being in the room with such an amazing man. Ian was so personable and funny, told great stories, and really sang and played his ass off. Really, really fucking awesome!

Now to mentally prepare myself for what El-P at the Echo is going to be like tomorrow...
    last.fm

My guess would be balls to the wall great.

What was the Evens set list like, if you're familiar enough with their catalog to wager a guess? I only saw them on the tour for the first album, so I'm wondering how much older material they're playing. Did you get All These Governors?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by dubvulture View Post
    04/17 Boys Noize, Claude Von Stroke at Sound
    http://rsvp.vice.com/thump/
    I just want to take a moment to say "Christ I hate Gary Richards!"

That said, Cajmere was dope, although he went a bit more techno than I was hoping for... but I still wasn't mad (Spasmolytic always makes me happy). Left halfway through CVS's set only cause I've seen him ten times in the last year and, while I always love him... The Cajmere set was what was important to me... so I left shortly after since I don't want to be away from my son for too long at this point.

I have to give Sound credit though. As I left I heard them telling people outside that they wouldn't be letting any more people in and the place was crowded, but not packed. I was still able to get my dance on and I dance like an obnoxious muthafucka!

Anyone else hitting either of these up..?

Booka Shade @ Sound - 4/18:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?470672

Rjd2 @ The Observatory - 4/19:
    http://www.observatoryoc.com/events/rjd2

You may find me at either. Say hello and I'll buy you a drank.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    My guess would be balls to the wall great.

What was the Evens set list like, if you're familiar enough with their catalog to wager a guess? I only saw them on the tour for the first album, so I'm wondering how much older material they're playing. Did you get All These Governors?
    It was a pretty good split among all 3 albums. Form the s/t they played at the very least "Shelter Two," "Around The Corner," "Mt Pleasant Isn't," and did "All These Governors" toward the end upon request. They played for about an hour and 15 minutes, though there was a bit of talking and story-telling mixed into that. Really amazing show! I've been a fan of Ian for who knows how long and a fan of The Evens since the day the s/t came out basically (I just happened to be at Aaron's records when it came out and I had never heard of it beforehand but they had it on their recommendations wall).
    last.fm

Please dont be during Outside Lands like Sigur Ros last year