Page 2120 of 2544 FirstFirst ... 21152116211721182119212021212122212321242125 ... LastLast
Results 63,571 to 63,600 of 76312

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #63571
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Wavves and FIDLAR this Wednesday at Echo ... life is good.
    F: AC/DC, Nero, Cloud Nothings, Lykke Li, Interpol, George Ezra, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Gorgon City
    S: Parquet Courts, Perfume Genius, Danny Tenaglia, Kasabian, Jack White, Royal Blood, TWOD, Chet Faker, What So Not
    S: The Orwells, OFF!, St. Vincent, Gesaffelstein, Joyce Manor, Lil B, Kaskade, Madeon

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  2. #63572

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I don't think so. Looks like there's a pre-sale with premium tickets. That may be what the higher prices are for. I'm buying one.
    What? No way the whole floor is premium tickets. You do realize the balcony is a tiny fraction of the venue right? From the goldenvoice website description it looks like those packages just have a bunch of worthless stuff.

  3. #63573
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,591

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Wavves and FIDLAR this Wednesday at Echo ... life is good.
    Jealous. This will be such a fun show.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  4. #63574
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    What? No way the whole floor is premium tickets. You do realize the balcony is a tiny fraction of the venue right? From the goldenvoice website description it looks like those packages just have a bunch of worthless stuff.
    I didn't mean to imply that was the case. And yes, you know I know the venue well enough to understand the layout. If anything, the Premium packages might end up being balcony seats.

    Have you decided which night(s) you're going? First beer's on me!

    Btw, any idea if the pre-sale stuff will have a pw requirement?
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

  5. #63575

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I think the presale thing is for his fan club members, which a lottery has already occurred for (and you had to pay $45 for an annual subscription to the club).

    I'm thinking of the Thursday show. Are you going to more than one? Would be good to see you again!

    Edit: Oh you meant for the premium packages. No idea.
    Last edited by IceyHotshot; 03-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

  6. #63576
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Jealous. This will be such a fun show.
    Yeah, I need to practice my mosh moves and clear out the nostrils so I can pack 'em right back up again.
    F: AC/DC, Nero, Cloud Nothings, Lykke Li, Interpol, George Ezra, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Gorgon City
    S: Parquet Courts, Perfume Genius, Danny Tenaglia, Kasabian, Jack White, Royal Blood, TWOD, Chet Faker, What So Not
    S: The Orwells, OFF!, St. Vincent, Gesaffelstein, Joyce Manor, Lil B, Kaskade, Madeon

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  7. #63577
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I think the presale thing is for his fan club members, which a lottery has already occurred for (and you had to pay $45 for an annual subscription to the club).

    I'm thinking of the Thursday show. Are you going to more than one? Would be good to see you again!

    Edit: Oh you meant for the premium packages. No idea.
    Not sure on nights yet. I guess I'd like in on the Saturday and/or Sunday shows. I'm just not sure I can swing both. I was hoping we might get a sense of how he'll roll with the sets by night before the on sale. Either way, I'm sure he'll change it up from night to night. But if he was doing each night with a focus on one album, I'd like to be there for Damn The Torpedoes or Hard Promises. The Waiting is my favorite song by the group.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

  8. #63578

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Well, I'm kind of assuming that the Sat/Sun shows are gonna go too quick for me to get tix, so I'm playing it safe with a weeknight.

    I'll def see you at Lou Reed though!

  9. #63579
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,056

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Haas anyone seen Clinic live? Thinking about seeing them soon but would like to hear some feedback if available.
    I saw them back in 2007 and it was fantastic. I haven't really kept up with their stuff too much since then but I really enjoyed them live.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  10. #63580
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Well, I'm kind of assuming that the Sat/Sun shows are gonna go too quick for me to get tix, so I'm playing it safe with a weeknight.

    I'll def see you at Lou Reed though!
    Definitely. Very excited for Lou!
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

  11. #63581

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    This is just absurd.


    The Observatory has a capacity of 550. 210 tickets just on stubhub means 38% of all tickets are on stubhub. Who likes this terrible band anyways? Clearly scalpers do...

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  12. #63582

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Some sources say Observatory has a capacity of 972, others 550. When I was at the CWK show, seemed more like 1000 than 550.
    Still a large percentage on secondary market.

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    This is just absurd.


    The Observatory has a capacity of 550. 210 tickets just on stubhub means 38% of all tickets are on stubhub. Who likes this terrible band anyways? Clearly scalpers do...
    Last edited by zeppelin77; 03-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  13. #63583

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    This is just absurd.


    The Observatory has a capacity of 550. 210 tickets just on stubhub means 38% of all tickets are on stubhub. Who likes this terrible band anyways? Clearly scalpers do...
    So why do you care?

  14. #63584

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin77 View Post
    Some sources say Observatory has a capacity of 972, others 550. When I was at the CWK show, seemed more like 1000 than 550.
    Still a large percentage on secondary market.
    Oh ok I just saw the 550 numbers. Less ridiculous if its 1000, but still a lot like you say.


    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    So why do you care?
    I thought something was interesting about an upcoming show. Hence I posted it in the upcoming shows thread.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  15. #63585

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Oh ok I just saw the 550 numbers. Less ridiculous if its 1000, but still a lot like you say.



    I thought something was interesting about an upcoming show. Hence I posted it in the upcoming shows thread.
    And I asked why you found it interesting.

    You post saying scalpers are selling a bunch of tickets then say "who cares about this shitty band anyway?"

    Which makes me wonder, naturally, why you care?

    I like you, I'm just genuinely curious.

  16. #63586

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    And I asked why you found it interesting.

    You post saying scalpers are selling a bunch of tickets then say "who cares about this shitty band anyway?"

    Which makes me wonder, naturally, why you care?

    I like you, I'm just genuinely curious.
    I don't care, I just found it interesting. I dislike Alt-J, but I know they've been winning all this acclaim (except from pitchfork). When I saw what I thought was 40% of tickets to one of their shows on stubhub, it piqued my interest. Especially since some people claim scalpers never get more than 10-15% of tickets to a show. Also made me think that perhaps these pre-coachella shows at the Observatory should have been done differently. All the Goldenvoice shows have a delivery delay, and all the Glasshouse shows are will-call only. Perhaps the Observatory should have put one of these measures in place to deter scalpers. Less a matter of caring, more of being surprised/interested. You can say being interested is the same as caring, and if you do then fine, I care in that sense. I'm not here to argue about semantics.
    Last edited by ameeps; 03-16-2013 at 04:06 PM.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  17. #63587
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Cap for The main room at The Observatory is just under 1000. Youve obviously never been there. The claim isnt that scalpers only get 10 - 15%, its that usually thats what they end up with on average. Because when its an arena show, the likelihood of the ticket brokers having the best seats is all but assured. Im sure the market oversaturation is one of those times they bet on the wrong horse. Itll drop to face soon enough.
    Last edited by suprefan; 03-16-2013 at 04:38 PM.

  18. #63588

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Cap for The main room at The Observatory is just under 1000. Youve obviously never been there. The claim isnt that scalpers only get 10 - 15%, its that usually thats what they end up with on average. Because when its an arena show, the likelihood of the ticket brokers having the best seats is all but assured. Im sure the market oversaturation is one of those times they bet on the wrong horse. Itll drop to face soon enough.

    I haven't been there. I googled the observatory capacity and the first result said 550.
    http://encore.orangecounty.com/2012/...rom-the-ashes/
    And yea I agree prices will go down. I do think the observatory should have put a delivery delay or will call only as a deterrent though. Both the 2chainz show and AltJ sold out quickly, and now have tons of scalped tickets online.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  19. #63589
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Google better next time.

  20. #63590
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,090

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Stop talking about a band fronted by Adam Sandler

  21. #63591
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Look who is talking....

  22. #63592
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,359

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that was the case. And yes, you know I know the venue well enough to understand the layout. If anything, the Premium packages might end up being balcony seats.
    Doesn't it say that the premium packages come with premium seating? That should answer the question right there.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-16-2013 at 08:05 PM.

  23. #63593
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Doesn't it say that the premium packages come with premium seating? That should answer the question right there.
    That's fair.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

  24. #63594
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,152

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Do we in fact know that the Tom Petty Fonda shows are not going to be fully seated?
    last.fm
    3/21/15 - Tweedy @ Theater at Ace Hotel // 3/27/15 - At The Gates (w/Converge, Pallbearer) @ Wiltern // 4/14/15 - Cloud Nothings @ Echo // 4/19/15 - Electric Wizard @ Roxy
    // 4/22/15 - Faith No More - Wiltern // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater //6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler

  25. #63595

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Not for sure, we should find out tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if so given the map that they show on the tickets page right now:

    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1

  26. #63596

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Also I have never seen a floor map like that for the Fonda before so I assume those "premium seats" are the reserved balcony.

  27. #63597
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,152

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Okay, yeah, that is a very specific seating chart. They almost never have reserved seating up there. Old people would definitely pay more to have an assigned seat from the balcony vs. being in a standing room only packed floor.
    last.fm
    3/21/15 - Tweedy @ Theater at Ace Hotel // 3/27/15 - At The Gates (w/Converge, Pallbearer) @ Wiltern // 4/14/15 - Cloud Nothings @ Echo // 4/19/15 - Electric Wizard @ Roxy
    // 4/22/15 - Faith No More - Wiltern // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater //6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler

  28. #63598
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The only fully seated show I have ever been to at the Fonda was the last Tindersticks show there. It was still GA, but seats (chairs) were on the floor as well. Probably shouldn't completely rule out a fully reserved Fonda for these shows, but the GA Floor on the current TM seating chart is pretty blaring.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

  29. #63599
    Member spiggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,639

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    And I asked why you found it interesting.

    You post saying scalpers are selling a bunch of tickets then say "who cares about this shitty band anyway?"

    Which makes me wonder, naturally, why you care?

    I like you, I'm just genuinely curious.
    While the specific observation is related to a band he may not care about. The fact is secondary ticket market sales is an issue that impacts more than just that one show... so I'd think it's still worthwhile data for that subject, regardless of the quality of the band.

  30. #63600
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,359

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Okay, yeah, that is a very specific seating chart. They almost never have reserved seating up there. Old people would definitely pay more to have an assigned seat from the balcony vs. being in a standing room only packed floor.
    I'm 35, far from old, and would pay more for a reserved seat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •