Page 2012 of 2560 FirstFirst ... 20072008200920102011201220132014201520162017 ... LastLast
Results 60,331 to 60,360 of 76771

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Word has it Local Natives sold out the El Rey in less than a minute this morning. Good for them.
    Yep. But a lot of people are suprised at this. They thought they had time to buy. Also, its the album release show. You know a good chunk of the tickets were not even available.

Anyone in LA interested in tomorrow night's Presets show at Club Nokia... I have an extra PIT ticket... After service charges the ticket was $47.90... Will just round that down to an even $45 if anyone is interested in taking it. Can meet me before the show (Please note: I plan on going early, since Yuksek starts things off at 8:30)... or sometime this evening, downtown (I live about four blocks from the venue)... or if you're going to Avalon for Dirtybird tonight we can meet there too...

PM me if interested...

Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman

Troubadour Los Angeles, CA
    Wed, December 5, 2012 8:00 PM
    $20.00

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/180525

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    What a let down day, forgot to buy Local Natives tickets and then Morrissey / Iggy postponed.
    From Local Natives' FB:

Hey Los Angeles, we know the El Rey show sold out very quickly (thank you, you're amazing) and now there are only outrageous prices offered from (scum) scalpers. Do not buy those tickets, we will be announcing another show soon and are working to fight scalpers' ability to buy up tickets. Thank you

-Taylor
    5/15 - Muse - Mayan
    5/23 - Ceremony - Echoplex (?)
    5/26 - Refused - Roxy
    5/27 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Warner Grand (?)
    5/30 - Spoon - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Thanks for the update!

anyone else going to presets tonight? see ya there!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

yes! do you know the best place to park? i'm going by myself so no one to split parking w/. Also coming from a Halloween party so won't be there until 11 or so. (was told Presets are on at 11:45, correct me if wrong!!)

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    yes! do you know the best place to park? i'm going by myself so no one to split parking w/. Also coming from a Halloween party so won't be there until 11 or so. (was told Presets are on at 11:45, correct me if wrong!!)
    Set times from the GV forum:

10/27 @ club Nokia
    The Presets 11:45 pm
    Flight Facilities 10:30 pm
    Oliver 9:30 pm
    Yuksek (DJ Set) 8:30 pm

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    Shuggie Otis
    12/5 - The Echoplex

!!!!
    do you have anymore info on this? tix? link? anything?

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    do you have anymore info on this? tix? link? anything?
    You ever heard of going to the echo's website to look shit up? Do you need shit spoonfed to your lazy ass because you are totally inept?

Had an awesome time at the Casbah tonight for Matthew Dear. I love that venue! Amazing sound... crystal clear highs/vocals and the bass was fat. Matthew Dear has really grown as a showman... Last time I saw him was at the Brooklyn Bowl in 2010 and since then his voice has gotten astronomically better and his band is MUCH tighter. He had the crowd going off all night. I got there too late for Light Asylum which I wasn't happy about but overall great fucking night. Saw Matthew outside after the show and said what up... remembered to tell him how much I love his side project Audion (which he said would be back soon) but of course forgot to mention Coachella. Sorry guyz
    5/9 - Suishou No Fune (水晶の舟) - The Empty Gallery - HK
    6/7 - NHK'Koyxeи / Mark Fell - The Empty Gallery - HK

presets were great, i was 2nd row from the stage on the left.

anyone ask if they'll be at coachella?

Definitely amazing show... My only disappointment is that they played the exact same setlist as Montreal with the exception of Anywhere (it's the exception that I take issue with... not the similarity between setlists)... Fucking THRILLED that they played Girl & The Sea!

Also there was a group of Becky's up front that needed to step the fuck off...

Took a video during A.O.... Not the greatest thing, but figured I'd share regardless... I can't stand still long enough to properly take a video during a show (I'm a tad hyper)

I loved the Presets tonight and think they have definitely grown since there last Nokia show.

I hit up The Blumhouse Of Horrors before the show and definitely suggest checking it out if you like that sort of thing. The production is truly fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    I hit up The Blumhouse Of Horrors before the show and definitely suggest checking it out if you like that sort of thing. The production is truly fantastic.
    Walking by that on our way over to Club Nokia, we noticed the line for that was fucking insane... Did it move relatively fast or did the whole thing take a while?

The line went pretty fast. We waited 30 min and it was well worth it! There is also a VIP option if you don't want to wait at all.

Damn you Hurricane Sandy Hopefully tomorrow's MHOW Swans show won't get cancelled! Maybe go see them tonight at Bowery Ballroom?

Dear New York ticket holding folks....

Okay. I thought about this very carefully and I really started to worry about making 4300 people come into midtown manhattan on Sunday night, which is just when the stormatron 5000 is supposed to crush our empire. Things i worry about include that Mass transit might shut down in all of New york, at 7pm tomorrow, stranding everyone who comes to the shows and that the second show ends at midnight, sending people back home just as it's starting to pick up.

I know that a lot of people are excited to come and they are fine with taking the chance but I really don't want a pole to smash your face in because you saw some comedy.
    So i asked the City Center (where the shows are supposed to happen) if we could find another date for tomorrow's shows and they gave me March 2nd. The City Center, being really cool, has agreed to let us do the shows on that night and your tickets that you now hold will be honored on that night. the same seat, same everything. If you can't come on that night, we will either do another show soon after that, or find another show for you in the area in the future. Or you still have the option to get a full refund for your ticket. If you already asked for a refund, we can reinstate your ticket if you want to go to one of those shows.

Listen. I know that probably tomorrow it's going to be a starry clear night and the trains are going to be just gliding up and down the traks and a baby zebra is going to whinny as he trots by the City Center on a night that is going to break records for being placid and perfect for a night of comedy. And I'm going to feel like an asshole. And I know that some people had their plans set and are going to be pissed off at me. I know. but I also know that some of you are struggling with whether to come in or miss the show and this is the closest I can get to a solution. You don't have to take a chance and you don't have to miss the show. Just come see me in a few months.

If it's any consolation, I'm eating a pretty staggering fee for cancelling the show. But I can take it. What I can't take is the thought that there's a CHANCE 4300 people will be in danger trying to get home from my stupid show.

Please email molly@etix.com and tell us what you want to do, and ask any question you have.

So that's that. Cancelled. Rescheduled. Please forgive me. Please be safe.

Your dumb friend

Louis CK

5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Damn you Hurricane Sandy Hopefully tomorrow's MHOW Swans show won't get cancelled! Maybe go see them tonight at Bowery Ballroom?
    Wow, that would suck. The new stuff is amazing live. Looks like the heavy hitting starts Tuesday morning.

Public Image Ltd tonight @Nokia! Can't wait. After the Coachella performance I have very high hopes for this one.

Edit- looks like showtime is right at 8pm, no opening act.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 10-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

Ill be at P.I.L tonight too. Im pretty excited to see more than what I saw at the Kimmel show.
    Translation

Swans @ Terminal West 03/28/15
    Drive like Jehu @ The Glass House 04/08/15
    Electric Wizard @ Slims 04/17/15
    Acid Mother Temple @ BOTM 04/18/15
    Faith No More @ the Warfield 04/20/15
    John Zorn @ UCLA 05/02/15
    Will Bulter @ Slims 05/26/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15
    Mariah Carey @ Caesars palace 06/11/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

Who's the very special guest tomorrow at the Satellite?

PiL @Club Nokia may very well be show of the year for me. Tonight's show varied from the Coachella set quite a bit, with the band playing a pretty good smattering of new songs from the latest disk. Everything truly shined. So much so that I don't think I can pick a favorite moment. I guess maybe Albatross or Religion?... both were extremely powerful. Lydon was awesome and this is his band. But once again I can't believe the talent of Lu Edmonds. The guy is a revelation on guitar and his style is inimitable.

Puzzling the crowd wasn't bigger- I mean at the very least, PiL has been hugely influential on a wide variety of artists so, along with a few minor hits and John's status with the Pistols, I thought there would be more of a buzz to attend. But no matter. The crowd that was there loved it. Sound was great and I was dead center just a body or two back from the stage. Couldn't have asked for better.

Joe/Zach- great hanging with you guys as always. Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did!
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Wow, that would suck. The new stuff is amazing live. Looks like the heavy hitting starts Tuesday morning.

Public Image Ltd tonight @Nokia! Can't wait. After the Coachella performance I have very high hopes for this one.

Edit- looks like showtime is right at 8pm, no opening act.
    He cancelled ATP appearance and now I just missed him again! Boooo

Grimes cancelled her show at MHOW last night so will Swans cancel their show tonight?! Ahhhhh I need to see them again!

Last night: Swans set-up at empty "sold out" Bowery Ballroom show.....
    http://instagram.com/p/RWKNSRq7s1/

5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I'm sure they'll be back at Coachella next year...

XX

Due to safety concerns related to Hurricane Sandy and the MTA shutdown in New York, we have been forced to postpone our remaining shows in New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore, including tonight's show at the Paradise in the Bronx. We are working with our partners to reschedule as soon as possible, so please hang on to your tickets and we'll advise as soon as we can. We'll have another announcement coming later in the week, including information on these shows and a new run of US dates in early 2013. In the meantime, please be safe. We'll be back to see you all soon.

5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Looks like Green Day is still having trouble as they're going to be postponing all tour dates until further notice. Not complaining.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Has anyone seen Cat Power on this recent tour? Still trying to decide if I want to see her next week.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I'm sure they'll be back at Coachella next year...

XX
    With me, they're 0/2 live (festival sets). Pretty sure I'll get to catch them in Tucson before Coachella though.

Courtney Barnett - 6/5 - The Mohawk
    The Avett Brothers/Old Crow Medicine Show - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater
    Death Grips - 7/18 - The Mohawk
    Kraftwerk - 9/25 - Bass Concert Hall

The Walkmen

Fri, 1/11 – Union Transfer – Philadelphia, PA
    Tue, 1/15 – Corona Theater – Montreal, QB #
    Wed, 1/16 – Danforth Theatre – Toronto, ON #
    Thu, 1/17 – Newport Music Hall – Columbus, OH #
    Fri, 1/18 – Vic Theatre – Chicago, IL #
    Sat, 1/19 – Capitol Theatre – Madison, WI #
    Mon, 1/21 – Ogden Theatre – Denver, CO #
    Thu, 1/24 – Fillmore – San Francisco, CA #
    Sat, 1/26 – Roseland Theartre – Portland, OR #
    Sun, 1/27 – Neptune Theater – Seattle, WA #
    Mon, 1/28 – Commodore Ballroom – Vancouver, BC #

# – w/ Father John Misty

I loved P.I.L last night and I hang a great time hanging out with Joe and Mike.I would actually Flowers of Romance and Death Disco were the songs that I liked the most.I kinda felt bad because I usually try not to clap.Im kinda more likely to go off beat just be annoying to people around me.Yet John Lydon kept asking for the crowd to clap besides that I enjoyed the show a lot.O actually Rubber Band was ablsoulately my favorite with this Captain Beefheart/Tom Wait voice to John Lydon famous trumpet of a voice all in one song plus a great beat.
    Translation

Swans @ Terminal West 03/28/15
    Drive like Jehu @ The Glass House 04/08/15
    Electric Wizard @ Slims 04/17/15
    Acid Mother Temple @ BOTM 04/18/15
    Faith No More @ the Warfield 04/20/15
    John Zorn @ UCLA 05/02/15
    Will Bulter @ Slims 05/26/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15
    Mariah Carey @ Caesars palace 06/11/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I loved P.I.L last night and I hang a great time hanging out with Joe and Mike.I would actually Flowers of Romance and Death Disco were the songs that I liked the most.I kinda felt bad because I usually try not to clap.Im kinda more likely to go off beat just be annoying to people around me.Yet John Lydon kept asking for the crowd to clap besides that I enjoyed the show a lot.O actually Rubber Band was ablsoulately my favorite with this Captain Beefheart/Tom Wait voice to John Lydon famous trumpet of a voice all in one song plus a great beat.
    Ya know, I'm not sure if Lydon is exhorting the crowd to clap along most times. I think that's just a natural thing he does while performing. When he did want the crowd to clap, he looked right at us and kept it going.

They played for over 2 hours, no break. And some of it felt downright experimental. You called it when you said all the songs were at least 6 minutes long. Most were structured noise jams coupled with Lydon's screeching caterwaul. It was great!