Page 2455 of 2547 FirstFirst ... 24502451245224532454245524562457245824592460 ... LastLast
Results 73,621 to 73,650 of 76383

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #73621

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I went to Dylan's Irvine Americana show last year and I could only take 15 minutes of him. Voice sounded awful. I am not a big fan though either

  2. #73622

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by uscjeff View Post
    I went to Dylan's Irvine Americana show last year and I could only take 15 minutes of him. Voice sounded awful. I am not a big fan though either
    Was at that show. MMJ and Wilco were incredible, and Dylan was atrocious.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

  3. #73623
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    I kind of want to go see Bob Dylan, but I'm afraid. I've heard that he has a lot of off days nowadays, and that when he's off, he's REALLY off. Anyone seen him recently and want to comment on the experience? Does he still have it?
    Don't do it. My parents have seen him several times over the years, but after the last show, they swore they won't ever pay to see him again.

  4. #73624
    Member dillycup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The mouse with the overbite
    Explained how the rabbits were ensnared
    'N' the skinny scanty sylph trashed the apothecary diplomat
    Inside the three-eyed monkey within inches of his toaster oven life

  5. #73625

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    yeah when i saw him at the bowl it was terrible
    I felt the same way.

    Until... I spent a good chunk of this year listening to every Dylan album. And many, many live bootlegs. The dude has never played his songs the way he records them. One day I stumbled upon the bootleg of that Bowl show, the one I went to and hated. And I listened to it with an open mind and it wasn't perfect but it was actually pretty cool.

    Hence why I am excited to see him live again, this time with a more open mind.

  6. #73626
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,876

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    anyone on here seen Kamasi Washington at the piano bar? Ever since the Low End Theory Fest I've been going to see him off and on. He plays every wednesday and friday night at the piano bar in Hollywood with the West Coast Get Down. if that's not the best free live residency in LA, let alone the country then I don't know what is. It's easily the best live Jazz in LA that you're gonna see. Every time I go my mind is blown. check them out if you get a chance.

  7. #73627

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I felt the same way.

    Until... I spent a good chunk of this year listening to every Dylan album. And many, many live bootlegs. The dude has never played his songs the way he records them. One day I stumbled upon the bootleg of that Bowl show, the one I went to and hated. And I listened to it with an open mind and it wasn't perfect but it was actually pretty cool.

    Hence why I am excited to see him live again, this time with a more open mind.
    Dylan had more talent than can be expressed through music.
    Hes a god in music , Yes his voice and creativity have gone to shambles. He's still Bob Dylan. He's alive and hes old . He's your grandfather , hes your dad you dont talk to , He's Bob Dylan.

    Going to a show to bash an old Bob is disgusting.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  8. #73628

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Dylan had more talent than can be expressed through music.
    Hes a god in music , Yes his voice and creativity have gone to shambles. He's still Bob Dylan. He's alive and hes old . He's your grandfather , hes your dad you dont talk to , He's Bob Dylan.

    Going to a show to bash an old Bob is disgusting.
    I think your reading comprehension can use some work, roboto. I am going because I am interested in hearing his different arrangements of old classics (which I was not open to in the past) - i.e. I think he is still creative. How you got "to bash an old Bob" from what I wrote is beyond me.

  9. #73629
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,880

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    With the new additions to the beach goth party! Wow!

    10615444_10152271611565079_2148577398678356065_n.jpg

  10. #73630
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,618

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    With the new additions to the beach goth party! Wow!

    10615444_10152271611565079_2148577398678356065_n.jpg
    This looks great, the additions push this over the top for me, gonna have to skip Superhumanoids/Erasure for this. I'm assuming that the setup is going to be both rooms inside, plus the patio and parking lot like they did for Burgerama, which has now outgrown the capacity of just the 2 rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    4/15 Glass Animals @Glass House - 4/17,18,19@Coachella - 4/30 Twin Shadow @Fonda - 5/1 Sleater Kinney @Palladium - 5/16 Juan Maclean @Regent - 5/18 Tanlines @Echoplex - 5/31 Courtney Barnett @Roxy

  11. #73631
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,130

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    THat does look excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  12. #73632
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,417

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Somehow, Akron is actually getting actual bands. Wilco, Diarrhea Planet, The Blasters, Windhand, Torche, Electric Six, Pinback and the Hold Steady. Although honestly, I can't get into Wilco or the Hold Steady, and am not really familiar enough with some of the others or care enough to commit to paying money to see them. Probably just Windhand and Torche, maybe Pinback. Still, I have options! That shit just doesn't happen here.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  13. #73633
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,130

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Pinback has been excellent every time I've seen them. They're such a tight band.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  14. #73634
    Member zircona1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,465

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Electric Six seem to come to Columbia almost every year. I've never seen them. I listened to one of their albums and was not impressed.

    I'm not big on Wilco, but they (and Tweedy solo) have played several times here too.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

  15. #73635
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,417

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I once drove very drunk 40 minutes to see them only to find out the show was sold out, around the time their first album came out about a decade ago. Now I don't think I'd drive the 10 minutes it'd take to see them. They're the very definition of a dated 00's act that you would only listen to out of nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  16. #73636
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,880

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    This looks great, the additions push this over the top for me, gonna have to skip Superhumanoids/Erasure for this. I'm assuming that the setup is going to be both rooms inside, plus the patio and parking lot like they did for Burgerama, which has now outgrown the capacity of just the 2 rooms.
    I read a list of what they were adding somewhere and it seems like they are going to use even more of the parking lot than ever plus everything else.

  17. #73637
    Coachella Junkie Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    He was great last year. Definitely going to one of these shows!

    Seu Jorge - 2014 Tour Dates
    11/10 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/10 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/11 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/11 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/12 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/12 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/14 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/14 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/15 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/15 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/16 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/16 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/18 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/18 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)
    11/19 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Early Show)
    11/19 - New York, NY @ Blue Note (Late Show)



    No Devotion (Geoff from Thursday) - 2014 Tour Dates
    9/29 - Bakersfield, CA - Fox Theater *
    9/30 - Santa Ana, CA - Observatory *
    10/02 - Los Angeles, CA - The Roxy +
    10/04 - Las Vegas, NV - Vinyl at Hard Rock +
    10/05 - Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theater *
    10/06 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater *
    10/07 - Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater *
    10/09 - Omaha, NE - Sokol Auditorium *
    10/11 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's Rock Club +
    10/12 - St. Louis, MO - Fubar +
    10/14 - Detroit, MI - The Shelter +
    10/15 - Toronto, ON - The Horseshoe +
    10/17 - Harris, MI - Island Resort & Casino *
    10/18 - Harris, MI - Island Resort & Casino *
    10/19 - Clive, IA - Seven Flags Event Center *
    10/21 - Wichita, KS - Cotillion Ballroom *
    10/22 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom *
    10/24 - Columbus, OH - Rumba Cafe +
    10/25 - Pittsburgh, PA - The Smiling Moose +
    10/26 - Philadelphia, PA - Milkboy +
    10/28 - Brooklyn, NY - Glasslands +
    * = supporting Neon Trees
    + = headlining dates



    PENTAGRAM - 2014 Tour Dates
    10/23 Chicago, IL @ Reggie's*
    10/24 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights*
    10/25 Grand Rapids, MI @ Pyramid Scheme*
    10/27 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues*
    10/28 Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr Smalls Theater*
    10/29 Baltimore, MD @ Soundstage*
    10/30 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brendas*
    11/01 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater**
    11/02 Providence, RI @ The Met*

    *10/23 - 10/30 and 11/2 w/support from RADIO MOSCOW, BANG, and KINGS DESTROY
    **11/01 NYC w/support from BLOOD CEREMONY, BANG, and KINGS DESTROY

    4/14 Stevie Wonder @ Prudential
    4/15 Neutral Milk Hotel @ World Cafe
    4/16 Juan MacLean @ Cameo
    4/17 Seth Troxler @ Output
    4/18 Andy Stott/Prurient @ Wick


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  18. #73638
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,904

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    anyone on here seen Kamasi Washington at the piano bar? Ever since the Low End Theory Fest I've been going to see him off and on. He plays every wednesday and friday night at the piano bar in Hollywood with the West Coast Get Down. if that's not the best free live residency in LA, let alone the country then I don't know what is. It's easily the best live Jazz in LA that you're gonna see. Every time I go my mind is blown. check them out if you get a chance.
    Thanks for the info. Might check him out tomorrow
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

  19. #73639
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,207

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Spooks, why on earth would you post that Seu Jorge residency as a "tour," and why not just say November 10-19? That just proves that you mindlessly copy/paste and really don't fucking care about anybody but yourself on here.
    last.fm
    4/19/15 - Electric Wizard @ Roxy // 4/22/15 - Faith No More - Wiltern // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary //
    5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater //6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

  20. #73640
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,876

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Thanks for the info. Might check him out tomorrow
    nice. double check the piano bar twitter before you go. every once in a while they're not there. they almost always are, though.

  21. #73641
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Doc Sportello's hood
    Posts
    20,238

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I once drove very drunk 40 minutes to see them only to find out the show was sold out, around the time their first album came out about a decade ago. Now I don't think I'd drive the 10 minutes it'd take to see them. They're the very definition of a dated 00's act that you would only listen to out of nostalgia.
    So what did the rest of your night entail after you got there, the show was sold out, and you were still drunk?
    4/19 - Electric Wizard - Roxy
    5/01 - Sleater-Kinney - Palladium
    5/02 - John Zorn - Royce
    5/03 - Lightning Bolt/Liturgy - Echoplex
    5/07 - Local H - Echo (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    pube farm
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  22. #73642
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Anyone selling tickets to Ty Segall this weekend (except tonight because i'll be at Mission of Burma) please send me a PM! Gracias

  23. #73643
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,044

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    They might still have tickets at Permanent! Hit them up.

  24. #73644
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,161

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    So what did the rest of your night entail after you got there, the show was sold out, and you were still drunk?
    There is a shitty gay bar joke in here somewhere.

    Edit: GAY! BAR! GAY! BAR! GAY BAR!

    Sorry. Had to be done
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 08-28-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    ACxDC 2015

  25. #73645
    Member JelloPuddingChat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Did he go there because there was a...fire in the disco?
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

  26. #73646
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    580

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Cut Copy - Oct 31 - San Diego (North Park Theater)

    I guess this means they will be at HARD in LA.
    Reasonable guess but it didn't pan out. Hope this means we get one more LA date in November before they wrap up this touring cycle.

  27. #73647
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    They might still have tickets at Permanent! Hit them up.
    unfortunately not, good tip though!

  28. #73648
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Maybe Coachella wanted to be a little bit tighter on acts playing LA before Coachella, both Interpol & DFA 1979 sans proper LA date on their big tours. Seems to me like Interpol could have slid in a Greek Theater date this fall no prob, or at least Palladium.

  29. #73649
    Member ElBlueblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Back in L.A
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    unfortunately not, good tip though!
    I have an extra for friday. hit me up.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

  30. #73650

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Maybe Coachella wanted to be a little bit tighter on acts playing LA before Coachella, both Interpol & DFA 1979 sans proper LA date on their big tours. Seems to me like Interpol could have slid in a Greek Theater date this fall no prob, or at least Palladium.
    Interpol could end up at Kroq Almost Acoustic, that would make enough sense to keep them out of l.a. and only have the Pomona show. DFA is just an anomoly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •