Page 2453 of 2596 FirstFirst ... 24482449245024512452245324542455245624572458 ... LastLast
Results 73,561 to 73,590 of 77856

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    This will be a nice FYF warm-up...

Ray-Ban X Boiler Room 005
    Hudson Mohawke Presents 'Chimes"
    Hudson Mohawke
    Lunice
    Oneohtrix Point Never
    Sophie
    QT
    Eclair Fifi
    & Very Special Guests
    08.22.14 / 21:00-2:00 (PST) / VENUE TBA
    RSVP: http://boilerroom.tv/ray-ban/
    This is at Lot613 and you are required to wear all black.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Sleepy Sun is playing a free show at Harvard & Stone tonight!!
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

So I am having trouble deciding between the second night of Slowdive at the Ace theatre, or seeing Thurston Moore at Soho. I will already have seen Slowdive at FYF and the first night at Ace, and have not seen any of Thurston's new stuff since Sonic Youth disbanded. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Modest Mouse - Aug. 21 - Hollywood Forever
    Ratatat - Sept. 20 - Majestic Ventura
    Sufjan Stevens - Oct. 24 - Arlington Theatre
    Beach House - Dec. 12 - Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I didn't realize that Filter magazine had gone bankrupt that's why it's just called Culture Collide now and there is no more block party. I miss the block party!
    The magazine didn't go bankrupt, the two owners just decided to split their business and stop being partners.

If anyone is looking for a single ticket for Blood Orange tonight at The Ace, DM me. Had someone bail at the last minute. Face value is $50 but would gladly take whatever you can offer considering there is only a few hours until the show. Orch Center row L.

coachella 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (w2), 2013 (w1)

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    If anyone is looking for a single ticket for Blood Orange tonight at The Ace, DM me. Had someone bail at the last minute. Face value is $50 but would gladly take whatever you can offer considering there is only a few hours until the show. Orch Center row L.
    People pay $50 to see Blood Orange? Must be a nice venue...geez.
    9/13 The Tallest Man on Earth ~ 9/14 Godspeed You! Black Emperor ~ 9/19 Chelsea Wolfe ~ 9/21 Death Cab for Cutie w/ Twin Shadow ~ 9/25 Kraftwerk ~ 10/3 The Decemberists ~ 10/5 Lord Huron ~ 10/9 & 10/11 Austin City Limits W2 ~ 10/18 Lake Street Dive ~ 10/20 The Districts ~ 10/22 & 10/23 My Morning Jacket ~ 10/24 Gorgon City ~ 10/30 Vintage Trouble ~ 11/2 Chris Cornell ~ 11/12 Israel Nash

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Is anyone going to Interpol in Vegas tomorrow? Tempted to try and bust a mission! Megabus tickets are $29, I think there is a BOLT for about $24. Anyone know of a cheaper bus that heads to Vegas from downtown? Those are both reasonable but just figured to ask. Thanks!
    thnx for the reminder, yes sir ill be there.

so i can skip them for four tet this weekend

Free entrance to Fucked Up & Tijuana Panthers at the el rey tonight if you show up with fyf wristband!
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Free entry to Fucked Up shows at El Rey or Pomona with FYF wristband.

They were great last night but unfortunately on their way down to LA last night, they had issues with their trailer lock and their drum hardware and a lot of 7" singles rolled out of the trailer and are on the freeway somewhere in Camarillo.

8/7 Tame Impala @ Hollywood Forever
    8/20 Metz @ Echo
    8/21 Modest Mouse @ Hollywood Forever
    8/22-8/23 FYF Fest @ Exposition Park
    8/26 Savages @ Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Free entrance to Fucked Up & Tijuana Panthers at the el rey tonight if you show up with fyf wristband!
    This would mean not following fyf's orders of "dont put it on until the day of the festival"

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    This would mean not following fyf's orders of "dont put it on until the day of the festival"
    who said it has to be on?

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Okay?

This is the actual language used.

"Tonight and tomorrow we are very excited to have our friends in Fucked Up & Tijuana Panthers play an FYF pre-party at the El Rey and The Glass House Concert Hall. As a special treat for FYF ticket buyers, show up with your festival wristband on and get into the show for free. Yes, you read that correctly. Hope to see you tonight."
    last.fm

hahaha
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Just purchased my tickets to that Beach Goth thing at the Observatory. Totally missed Atlas Sound the first time looking at the poster, instantly sold. Such a good line-up for only $40!

8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

Anybody know set times for Built to Spill tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    Just purchased my tickets to that Beach Goth thing at the Observatory. Totally missed Atlas Sound the first time looking at the poster, instantly sold. Such a good line-up for only $40!
    I was considering this. The lineup seems to be going way beyond the normal OC/Burger band stuff. MO & Le Femme caught my eye. If I make it to the Observatory and can buy a ticket for $40 with no fees, it will be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/22 Glass Animals @ Observatory - 9/24 Future Islands @ Fox Pomona - 9/25 Mew @ Fonda - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - 9/29 Disclosure @ LA Sports Arena - 10/8 Garbage @ Greek - 10/6-10/30 IAMX @ Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

Quote Originally Posted by zachb View Post
    The magazine didn't go bankrupt, the two owners just decided to split their business and stop being partners.
    My mistake, I wasn't listening very carefully when my friend was explaining me the whole thing.

So I am having trouble deciding between the second night of Slowdive at the Ace theatre, or seeing Thurston Moore at Soho. I will already have seen Slowdive at FYF and the first night at Ace, and have not seen any of Thurston's new stuff since Sonic Youth disbanded. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Well, Thurston's new touring band features Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth and Debbie Googe from My Bloody Valentine. Perhaps that might sway you.

Anyone going to the Boiler Room tonight in DTLA?

Flight Facilities 02/25 @ Fonda

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm just way too exhausted for Slint tonight. Is there a secure way to transfer/give someone e-tickets? I have two and would rather hook someone up than let them go to waste.

8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm just way too exhausted for Slint tonight. Is there a secure way to transfer/give someone e-tickets? I have two and would rather hook someone up than let them go to waste.
    If they're print-em-outs you can just download the PDFs and email them to someone.

If it weren't a 5 hour drive I'd take one from you in a heartbeat, and I'm wiped out as hell right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I sent you a PM couple mins ago, would appreciate the hook up if you still feel like it! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
    Well, Thurston's new touring band features Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth and Debbie Googe from My Bloody Valentine. Perhaps that might sway you.
    Hmm, if that's the case I may have two tickets for night two of Ace.

Slint was absolutely spectacular last night...one band that I'm not sure if I ever would have heard of if not for this board - Spiderland was one of the first albums unknown to me that I listened to purely because of recommendations on here. The crowd was really quite and polite for the most part, which was a nice surprise. Didn't know if I'd have the chance to see them at any point, and man they were just great.
    9/17 - Hum/Mineral - Regent
    9/22 - Laetitia Sadier - Echo
    9/24 - Stars of the Lid - Regent
    9/27 - Grace Jones - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    10/6 - Black Lips/Ariel Pink - Teragram (?)

Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

That was one of my favorite Built to Spill shows ever last night. So many people were singing along very loudly to the classics and having a blast. Carry the Zero was the highlight for me. The loudest response by far was during the beginning of car. Smh.

Hmmm...

Lol. I thought about you when it started.

Hahaha. I have noticed the same thing whenever I've seen them play that song.

Free tickets for Nine Inch Nails tomorrow at The Hollywood Bowl are being given out at the venue if you go today and have something from NIN Soundgarden or KROQ on.