Page 2447 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 24422443244424452446244724482449245024512452 ... LastLast
Results 73,381 to 73,410 of 77801

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Thanks for advice on Belasco guys. Got a pair for the Thursday SBTRKT show. Really lookin' forward to the new album.

Modern Love (Andy Stott, Demdike Stare, Millie & Andrea) - 2014 Tour Dates

Sep 17 Detroit - Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MoCAD)
    Sep 18 Toronto - Adelaide Hall
    Sep 19 New York - Output *
    Sep 20 Miami - The Light Box at Goldman Warehouse
    Sep 21 Chicago - Thalia Hall
    Sep 23 Austin - The North Door
    Sep 24 Kenyon College - Horn Gallery
    Sep 25 Seattle - Decibel Festival
    Sep 26 San Francisco - 1015 Folsom
    Sep 27 Los Angeles - Hollywood Forever Cemetery

* w/ Function & Vatican Shadow

8/25 Kamasi Washington @ Blue Note
    8/28 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/29 Matias Aguayo/The Black Madonna/Galcher Lustwerk @ TBA
    8/30 Ryan Crosson/Shaun Reeves @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Warpaint or Orange County?
    The saga continues for the greatest rock band on the planet.

Warpaint
    The Regency Ballroom
    San Francisco
    Oct 27

Second only to Thrice, of course.

So if they do LA, that would likely be on the 25th or 26th while I'm in NYC/Boston. Yay. Well, good thing I went to both this weekend, even if I did get heat exhaustion.
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

Frank your over-obsession with Warpaint has actually made me much less interested in their music. I liked them well enough, saw them a couple years ago, but never felt like listening to the new album more than once and I think a big part of the reason is that you never STFU about them.

All three posts in the past week about two just-finished and one upcoming show? Wow, poor baby, you must be the most fragile turd in the bowl.
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

Outkast at NOS 9/20 with Childish Bambino, Flosstradamus, Lil B

I will never forget their god awful performance at the Natural History Museum. Thankfully Yeasayer did more than make up for it though
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A friend Once told me never to think Twice about listening to Thrice
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

All three posts in the past week about two just-finished and one upcoming show? Wow, poor baby, you must be the most fragile turd in the bowl.
    Now include your facebook posts in that count.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

And then add up all of the posts from both places from the past year
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Divide by Warpaint related tweets

8/29: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Rickshaw Stop
    8/29: Jack J @ 222 Hyde
    9/13: Dirtybird BBQ @ Treasure Island
    9/13: Man Man @ The Independent
    9/18: The Acid @ The Chapel
    9/18: Octave One, Solar, Vin Sol @ Mighty
    9/20: Max Graef, Huxley, Glenn Astro @ The Midway
    9/23-27: Decibel Festival
    9/29: Titus Andronicus @ The Chapel

= SuprePerv
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

So if they do LA, that would likely be on the 25th or 26th while I'm in NYC/Boston. Yay. Well, good thing I went to both this weekend, even if I did get heat exhaustion.

As much as anyone here wants to say anything negative/mocking/tasteless about my adoration for that group, its just ended up as a one liner, such as the one you made. Nobody has told me "shut the fuck up about your obsession, its a turn off when somebody goes into full creep mode about a band." I like the bands that I like, so what. But am I typing out personal journal entry material on here about it? Nope.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

As much as anyone here wants to say anything negative/mocking/tasteless about my adoration for that group, its just ended up as a one liner, such as the one you made. Nobody has told me "shut the fuck up about your obsession, its a turn off when somebody goes into full creep mode about a band." I like the bands that I like, so what. But am I typing out personal journal entry material on here about it? Nope.
    Nobody tells you to shut up because you don't actually express an opinion about anything other than how many times you have seen them. Frank actually likes things and talks about them, so generally people care about his opinions. You don't give anything that is worth the effort of anything more than a one-liner.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

I know something about Glassjaw's upcoming recording/touring schedule that you don't Chris nanananana

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Nobody tells you to shut up because you don't actually express an opinion about anything other than how many times you have seen them. Frank actually likes things and talks about them, so generally people care about his opinions. You don't give anything that is worth the effort of anything more than a one-liner.
    two lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Well Paul McCartney last night was truly special. Show started late but he played the full set with it ending at 11:30. Curfew was surely 11 but I guess you just cannot cut off Paul McCartney. Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did!

Ty Segall is playing a secret show in china town. It sucks that I have to be at work super early tomorrow. I don't care, Ty always puts on an awesome show. image.jpg
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Well, maybe you should. It would require actually being into music rather than a list of things to brag about, though.

Yeah, a story about almost blacking out and going to the hospital because of OC Kids is totally inappropriate in a thread about shows, crowds, venues, etc. Funny you should talk about creep mode since you groped someone at a concert years ago without their consent.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Well Paul McCartney last night was truly special. Show started late but he played the full set with it ending at 11:30. Curfew was surely 11 but I guess you just cannot cut off Paul McCartney. Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did!
    How was it compared to Coachella?

Shots fire!
    Translation

Titus ANDRONICUS @ the chapel 09/28/15
    my Morning Jacket
    Neil Young or TI
    Deerhunter @ 9:30 Club

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

/topic.
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

How was it compared to Coachella?
    Just as good. Added some greats songs to the set including Lovely Rita, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (My personal favorite of the night), Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, All My Loving, And I love Her, Day Tripper. The sound was great too. The stadium really did end up being an excellent venue surprisingly enough

Paul was great last night. I thought sound was good, considering size of the place. Some echoing but good job by the sound guys overall.

I think setlist-wise Coachella edged out last night. Plus, tough to top the magic Coachella often inserts into a performance. But last night was up there. Maybe the only problem for me was the crowd. The couple in front of me literally filmed the entire thing on their cell phones. Even during the breaks they panned back with them to capture the crowd reaction. I can't imagine anyone enjoying a show doing that, but, I guess to each his own.

As for highlights, think Helter Skelter was it for me but also loved All Together Now, I've Seen a Face and Back In the USSR. All really delivered the goods. No Jet or Got To Get You Into My Life, but then it's Macca. He could have kept playing another 3 hours. I wouldn't even mind if he decided to do I Saw Her Standing There more than once in the set.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| Aerosmith| Steely Dan/Elvis Costello| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| FYF| Erykah Badu/St Vincent| The Who| Chelsea Wolfe| AC/DC| Garbage| Neil Young| Deerhunter/Atlas Sound| Blur| The Cult/Primal Scream| PIL| Refused| Puscifer| Puscifer

Funny you should talk about creep mode since you groped someone at a concert years ago without their consent.
    You can't post something like that and not elaborate. Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    I know something about Glassjaw's upcoming recording/touring schedule that you don't Chris nanananana
    Well, considering theyre more focused on releasing more and more clothing on their store which I would like to purchase. The band actually recording more music is a surprise.

Yep. Thats why that will never put me in the position frank ended up in earlier. I choose not to express certain opinions HERE, doesnt mean I dont have them. You know that when we've had conversations in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    You can't post something like that and not elaborate. Go on...
    Can't elaborate, cause it did not happen. If it's being told second hand and such, when the fuck did it happen. Cause I would probably remember that type of situation.

Paul McCartney was awesome last night! The highlight of the night was definitely during Blackbird when the whole stage slowly elevated with him. Live and Let Die was also great with all the fireworks and the energy that came with it. The second encore -- Yesterday > Helter Skelter > Golden Slumbers > Carry That Weight > The End -- is truly an amazing way to end the night. I can't believe he's still busting out a 3 hour set when he's already 72 years old ... what a beast!
    8/22-23 - FYF Fest - LA Sports Arena
    9/29 - Disclosure - LA Sports Arena
    10/5 - Oh Wonder - Troubadour
    10/10-11 - CRSSD Fest - Waterfront Park
    10/17 - CHVRCHES - Shrine Auditorium
    10/20 - Blur - Hollywood Palladium

Can't elaborate, cause it did not happen. If it's being told second hand and such, when the fuck did it happen. Cause I would probably remember that type of situation.
    I buy your story, Superfan. The thought of you touching a woman (consensual or otherwise) is pretty unbelievable.