Page 2443 of 2549 FirstFirst ... 24382439244024412442244324442445244624472448 ... LastLast
Results 73,261 to 73,290 of 76458

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by fudgumslover View Post
    any Burger-type show, especially in Orange County, bring a really horrendous crowd. the bands are usually too good to pass up though.
    How bad are we talking? Going for the first time this weekend for Burger a-Go-Go.
    4/8 Ride @ The Roxy, 4/10 St. Vincent @ The Cosmopolitan, 4/14 Barry Manilow @ Staples Center, 5/2 Desert Daze, 5/8-10 Levitation, 5/16 The Juan Maclean @ The Regent, 6/10 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Cafe, 6/12 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    How bad are we talking? Going for the first time this weekend for Burger a-Go-Go.
    It's generally a very young crowd. think 15 year olds in Fidlar shirts jumping on stage taking selfies. I really like those bands and have been seeing them for years, but all the 'Burger babes' surrounding you will probably get on your nerves by the end of the day. the crowd at these shows has changed a lot in the past year, but the music is just as good. make sure you catch Shannon and the Clams (probably the best band on the lineup).

Mish Way told me to check them out at Sled Island, but I had plans with friends to see Dan Deacon and B.A. Johnston (this guy is unbelievably awesome), which was a blast.
    4/8 Ride @ The Roxy, 4/10 St. Vincent @ The Cosmopolitan, 4/14 Barry Manilow @ Staples Center, 5/2 Desert Daze, 5/8-10 Levitation, 5/16 The Juan Maclean @ The Regent, 6/10 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Cafe, 6/12 Emmy the Great @ Hotel Utah

Unlocking the Truth
    @ the Troubadour
    Saturday Sep 13, 2014

SLASH FEAT. MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS
    @ the Troubadour
    Tuesday Sep 23, 2014

Tori Amos was fabulous last night in Austin. She looks absolutely amazing for 50 and probably sounds better than she did 20 years ago. Such solid vocal control. I read somewhere she's performed over 200 different songs on this tour alone and the majority of the setlists are requests from local fans. That's how you do a solo tour.

And I just got home and saw that I have an email that I won tickets to the ACL taping for White Denim on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    On another note, did anyone end up pulling the trigger on Splash House tickets?

We took our time deciding but eventually got Saturday tickets and a cheap room at the Palm Mountain Resort and Spa right by the Hard Rock.

Oh no, only 9 days to work on my tan and abs.
    I'm not able to make it, but my friends are going...Are all of these shows taking place at a pool? Or does Hard Rock have a venue of some sort inside? I have a feeling i'll regret not catching CC at a pool party...

I'm expecting some sort of stage setup by the pool at the Hard Rock to accommodate CC. Should be pretty nice... and blasticon hot.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Anyone going to the Hammer tonight For Marques Wyatt and Doc Martin?
    Yeah, I'll be there. Look for a guy with a gray goatee and four kids (nieces and nephews).

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Tori Amos was fabulous last night in Austin. She looks absolutely amazing for 50 and probably sounds better than she did 20 years ago. Such solid vocal control.
    So in other words, she is truly the next Michael Jackson?
    5/01 - Sleater-Kinney - Palladium
    5/03 - Lightning Bolt/Liturgy - Echoplex
    5/05 - Thee Oh Sees - The Smell
    5/08 - The Acid - El Rey (?)
    5/14 - Melody's Echo Chamber - Roxy (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    pube farm
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    So in other words, she is truly the next Michael Jackson?
    Nope, just Beyonce. Thanks for your helpful post though.

Got a code to buy a Jessie Ware ticket. But it's $40 and I have no idea if the Tower Theater sucks or not. Any input from the board?

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Yeah, I'll be there. Look for a guy with a gray goatee and four kids (nieces and nephews).
    Not sure I saw you, but That was the most kids I've seen at a house event haha. Having said that, WOW, what an awesome crowd last night. great vibes and awesome tunes. Really great turn out. That was a huge blast. And FREE!

Coachella Junkie

Nocturnal Lineup just came out. I suppose I'll post it. I am pumped for The Homage Stage including Bad Boy Bill, Dj Dan, Dj Heather, Donald Glaude, and my boy MArk Farina!

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Got a code to buy a Jessie Ware ticket. But it's $40 and I have no idea if the Tower Theater sucks or not. Any input from the board?
    Not a big theater. all open on the floor, plus a balcony. So you could go and be glad you saw her in a small venue, or wait til she is playing coachella and then the greek or something in a year.

Well, DFA1979 was an instant sell out. Anyone else get tickets? So stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Well, DFA1979 was an instant sell out. Anyone else get tickets? So stoked.
    I did. Gonna be a crazy show!

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Shit! I couldn't get through for DFA. If anyone has an extra spot please let me know.

Best show in the many times I have seen them from the Bunnymen tonight. Or at least the best one since the 80s during their prime. Even Mac agreed saying he thought it was their best show ever here. Mac not smoking is having a huge impact on his range. He nailed The Cutter and Lips Like Sugar like it was old times. And the set list... well, quite a bit of the new stuff. I think Holy Moses the best of the lot. They closed with Ocean Rain. Orpheum sounded great. Some congrats due to the crowd too. Nice job fans.

Good seeing ya Drewski. See you at FYF!
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Shit! I couldn't get through for DFA. If anyone has an extra spot please let me know.
    Woogie, I bought 2 without having a specific 2nd person in mind. If my friends don't want to go (likely, since none of them know DFA), it's yours. I'll let you know.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Yep, that was a hell of a show. Although everyone that's seen him in the last 2 years knows that. Glad I got to see him and didn't end up seeing a truncated Coachella set too. The Masonic Theater in Detroit is fucking lovely, the band was on point, and Cave is on the top tier of performers, on par with Prince and Michael Gira. That dude could fuck any woman in the world without even having to try. And he's pretty fucking hilarious too. Cracking jokes, usually at the expense of people holding up their phones, interacting with the audience, etc. The audience was super into it too. At one point, someone threw out a deck of cards during the appropriate lyric during Stagger Lee. The only minor complaints I have is that I'm still not huge on his traditional style piano ballads, but I'll admit they were very pretty and few and far between, and that his encore song selection was very slightly underwhelming. When you have such massive songs as Tupelo, The Mercy Seat, Stagger Lee, and From Her To Eternity in the main set, it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed by The Ship Song and Deanna. Still ending on Do You Love Me? and Papa Won't Leave You Henry was pretty great, so really not a major complaint. Push The Sky Away is seriously one of his best songs and the perfect main set closer. That one really gets to me. I could have happily taken another hour, and lord knows he's got the catalog to pull from, but I was grateful to see possibly the top band on my current bucket list and not be the least bit disappointed. I'm having a hard time thinking of many other acts I'd spend 30 hours traveling and waiting on buses and not really sleeping just to see (and feel like it was worth it afterwards).
    Glad you had such a good time. We had a similar experience in just trying to get to the show, to the point that I wondered for a moment if it would be a better idea to just eat the tickets and visit friends in Dallas, but once the band started, the trouble it took to get there fell far into the background. Immediately leapt towards the top of my list for favorite shows of the year.

Did he do the piano ballads all in a row or did he space them out? When we saw him in Austin, he did like 4 in a row midway through the set. I understood the need for it as he expended so much energy for the first 7-8 songs but it still felt like an intermission and by #4, I checked out mentally for a moment. If he weren't to have played them consecutively, I don't think it would have been a problem that he did 4 slow songs.

What you said about him being in the top tier of performers is spot on. I was trying to think of who else could be comparable or better. James Brown? Mick Jagger? Jarvis Cocker? Perhaps a discussion for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    I was informed yesterday that Devin came into existence when someone dared God to create a gayer, less intimidating Andy Milonakis.

If anyone else has an extra for DFA 1979 Please let me know!

Steve Lowenthal of VDSQ is doing a reading from his new John Fahey bio at 8 pm on the rooftop of the Ace tonight. The reading yesterday at Stories was fantastic. Sir Richard Bishop will also be playing a set. Free.

Damn, Royksopp cancelled their Red Rocks date
    John Tejada @ It'll Do 4/25 | Kodaline @ Granada Theatre 4/30 | Danny Tenaglia 5/16 @ It'll Do | Nicole Moudaber @ It'll Do 5/23 | The Rentals @ Club Dada 5/29 | John Digweed @ It'll Do 6/20 | DJ Pierre @ It'll Do 7/11 | Hard Summer 2015 8/1 | Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 & 8/16 |

Where's the best place to park for the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Eminem show on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    Where's the best place to park for the Rose Bowl? I'll be at the Eminem show on Thursday.
    The golf course is going to be where everyone parks, all the neighborhoods will be closed off to concertgoers and you're probably gonna have to pay a fair amount.

If you're looking for free parking, I parked on Lincoln Ave. & Banbury Alley last night for Jay-Z/Beyonce and didn't have any issues. A 15 minute walk beats paying $25+

coachella 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (w2), 2013 (w1)

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    If you're looking for free parking, I parked on Lincoln Ave. & Banbury Alley last night for Jay-Z/Beyonce and didn't have any issues. A 15 minute walk beats paying $25+
    And burning calories while you're at it instead of paying $25+
    John Tejada @ It'll Do 4/25 | Kodaline @ Granada Theatre 4/30 | Danny Tenaglia 5/16 @ It'll Do | Nicole Moudaber @ It'll Do 5/23 | The Rentals @ Club Dada 5/29 | John Digweed @ It'll Do 6/20 | DJ Pierre @ It'll Do 7/11 | Hard Summer 2015 8/1 | Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 & 8/16 |

The rose bowl site has parking options. Theres offsite with a shuttle. And they didnt email you about all of it?

It's amazing to me that Burger Records has a festival every month!

I missed the boat on advanced parking tickets for the Rose Bowl since they stopped selling them a week ago. The email says to get there around 3pm. I wonder how true that is...