Page 2364 of 2541 FirstFirst ... 23592360236123622363236423652366236723682369 ... LastLast
Results 70,891 to 70,920 of 76230

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #70891
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    27,119

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Edit:thought there was a show to.ortow. guess not.
    2/28 Warpaint @ Fais Do-Do, 4/10 St. Vincent @ The Cosmopolitan, 5/2 Desert Daze, 5/8-10 Levitation

  2. #70892

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Prince is saying "come back tomorrow". Could be tickets at the door since there is no listing online.

  3. #70893
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Huge disappointment at Prince. After hours of soundcheck and another 15 minutes of the band hyping the crowd, Prince finally came out for what was probably like 50 minutes? All they did was jam more obscure hits which, for a half hour, was pretty fun, but after that I just wished 15 people would leave the stage and let Prince rock out.

    I can't afford two $65 tickets two days in a row, Prince, especially when the first concert did nothing to inspire confidence - so no, I will not be coming back tomorrow. Instead of letting me know that I should come back tomorrow, maybe you should have just played an honest set on the night that I paid you for.
    Last edited by iantmcfarland; 03-08-2014 at 03:08 AM.

  4. #70894
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Ouch sorry to hear that. Four Tet was ridiculous tonight. Couldn't ask for a better set. I will be at Prince tomorrow and hopefully he plays a real set....

  5. #70895
    old school CrimesceneCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Voices From The Lake was some heavy shit. Didnt think it was gonna be as hard as it was. Couldnt stop moving the whole time. The Complex has a pretty killer sound system.

  6. #70896
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,924

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Voices From The Lake was some heavy shit. Didnt think it was gonna be as hard as it was. Couldnt stop moving the whole time. The Complex has a pretty killer sound system.
    Can't wait for their 5 hour set next week!

    Loma Prieta - 2014 Tour Dates
    4/9 - Bellingham, WA - House Show
    4/10 - Vancouver, BC - TBA
    4/11 - Tacoma, WA - Aurora House
    4/12 - Seattle, WA - Black Lodge
    4/13 - Portland, OR - Laughing Horse Books
    4/14 - Santa Rosa, CA - TBA
    4/15 - Oakland, CA - TBA
    4/16 - San Francisco, CA - Submission
    4/17 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
    4/18 - San Diego, CA - Che
    4/19 - La Puente, CA - Bridgetown DIY

    Support on all dates is Fucking Invincible.

    3/25 Bjork @ City Center
    3/26 Demdike Stare/Rrose @ WPP Church
    3/27 Untold/Tessela @ Wick
    3/27 Mathew Jonson @ Output
    3/28 Bjork @ City Center
    3/28 Petre Inspirescu @ 315


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  7. #70897
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Any word on when Prince tickets go on sale?

  8. #70898
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    At the box office and they are selling tickets 100 a pop.

  9. #70899
    Member Derekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IE, CA
    Posts
    1,637

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    @thepalladium
    RT @drfunkenberry #PURPLEARMY TICKETS FOR SHOW ON SALE AT THE BOX OFFICE! RIGHT NOW!! THIS IS NOT TRUE. DETAILS SHORTLY
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

  10. #70900
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    It is true and I just got tickets!

    It is bizarre that they are posting this though.

  11. #70901
    Member Derekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IE, CA
    Posts
    1,637

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yeah, I don't get why they don't just announce it already.

    They just posted this
    Nothing is on-sale at the Palladium box office. We will have details very soon about potential show tonight!
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

  12. #70902
    Member Derekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IE, CA
    Posts
    1,637

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    @thepalladium
    Come to the palladium NOW to get a wristband that will enable you to buy a ticket tonight at 6:00pm. Tickets will be cash only.

    2 ticket limit per wristband.
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

  13. #70903
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The Palladium is saying Prince is on at 8. No way that is happening right?

  14. #70904

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    There was hinting to 2 shows tonight. Maybe thats why.

  15. #70905
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Hmm ok. Guess I will get there around 8 and hope this isn't a ploy to get everyone to watch Liv whatever her name is.

    Prince fucking slayed it and played for about 4 hours. I almost left listening to Doug E Fresh hype the crowd for an hour... He needs to fade into obscurity because he is the worst hype man I have ever seen in my entire life.

    100 bucks was worth seeing Purple Rain, 1999 and Rasberry Beret. Not to mention the Palladium was half empty. Score!
    Last edited by Justin170; 03-09-2014 at 10:56 AM.

  16. #70906
    Member trendski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Echo Park
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Epic Prince Show

    Setlist - in progress
    March 8, 2014
    The Hollywood Palladium
    Approx 3 Hours 45min (Not 4 hours, despite reports but close)
    --------------
    Big City
    SuperConductor
    1999
    Musicology (incl. Mama Feelgood interpolation)
    Extraloveable
    Let's Work
    Love Machine (snippet)
    U Got The Look
    Nothing Compares 2 U - Duet with Shelby J
    Take Me With U
    Raspberry Beret
    Cool (incl. Don't Stop Til U get Enough ~ interpolation)
    The Sweeter She Is
    Purple Rain

    - ENCORE 1-
    Mutiny (incl. Ice Cream Castles interpolation)
    Old Friends 4 Sale
    People Pleaser
    Ainít Gonna Miss You When Uíre Gone
    F.U.NK.
    Dark
    Something In The Water Does Not Compute

    - ENCORE 2-
    Weíre A Winer - Shelby J track
    I Never Loved A Man(The Way That ILove You) - Liv Warfield track
    Satisfied
    I Donít Want Nobody to Give Me Nothing (James Brown Cover)-Janelle Monae sings a little
    Housequake (not snippet)
    The Jam
    The Bird
    Jungle Love
    The Glamorous Life

    - ENCORE 3-
    Lost & Found ~ Lianne La Havas song with P on keyboard
    - -
    Sampler Set
    Hot Thing
    Doug E Fresh raps over Hot Thing
    Doug E Fresf Freestyles with Prince on bass
    If I was Ur Girlfriend
    Forever in My Life
    When Doves Cry
    Nasty Girl snippet
    777-9311
    Sign of the Times
    I Would Die 4 U
    Pop Life
    Alphabet Street
    Most Beautiful Girl In the World (sampled)
    A Love Bizarre

    - ENCORE 4-
    Days of Wild - Big Fun & Family Affair - interpolation
    Piano Set
    How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
    The Beautiful Ones
    Diamonds & Pearls
    Sometimes It Snows in April

    - ENCORE 5-
    Act of God
    What Have U Done 4 Me Lately
    Northside
    Which Way Is Up(Theme Song from..)
    Dancing Machine/It's Alright/ When the Saints - interpolation
    Can't Nobody Love You Better/Don't Stop The Music
    Partyman

    - ENCORE 6-
    Let's Go Crazy - including Frankenstein interpolation
    Funk N Roll
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Funk N Roll(Remix) over the PA system

  17. #70907
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,320

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    those look more like intermissions than encore breaks.

  18. #70908
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,128

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Jesus, I would have been fucking pissed if I went the first night.

    And yes, that seems extremely silly to refer to all of those as encores.
    last.fm
    3/21/15 - Tweedy @ Theater at Ace Hotel // 3/27/15 - At The Gates (w/Converge, Pallbearer) @ Wiltern // 4/14/15 - Cloud Nothings @ Echo // 4/19/15 - Electric Wizard @ Roxy
    // 4/22/15 - Faith No More - Wiltern // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater //6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler

  19. #70909
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,321

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    holy jesus fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio
    May 31 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Majestic Ventura Theatre
    May 2 - Desert Daze - Meca

  20. #70910
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Fuckity fuckz, that's one of the most amazing setlists ever
    AC/DC - Lykke Li - Charles Bradley - Steely Dan - Ride - GOASTT - Alabama Shakes - Caribou - George Ezra - Tame Impala - Allah-Las - Todd Terje - Interpol

    Jack White - War on Drugs - Father John Misty - Royal Blood - Kasabian - FKA twigs - Jungle - Benjamin Booker - Belle & Sebastian - Tycho - Perfume Genius - Bad Religion

    St Vincent - Florence + the Machine - St. Lucia - Ryan Adams - Built to Spill - Sturgill Simpson - Panda Bear - Philip Selway - Angel Olsen - Desaparecidos - The Cribs

  21. #70911
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by trendski View Post
    Epic Prince Show

    Setlist - in progress
    March 8, 2014
    The Hollywood Palladium
    Approx 3 Hours 45min (Not 4 hours, despite reports but close)
    --------------
    Big City
    SuperConductor
    1999
    Musicology (incl. Mama Feelgood interpolation)
    Extraloveable
    Let's Work
    Love Machine (snippet)
    U Got The Look
    Nothing Compares 2 U - Duet with Shelby J
    Take Me With U
    Raspberry Beret
    Cool (incl. Don't Stop Til U get Enough ~ interpolation)
    The Sweeter She Is
    Purple Rain

    - ENCORE 1-
    Mutiny (incl. Ice Cream Castles interpolation)
    Old Friends 4 Sale
    People Pleaser
    Ainít Gonna Miss You When Uíre Gone
    F.U.NK.
    Dark
    Something In The Water Does Not Compute

    - ENCORE 2-
    Weíre A Winer - Shelby J track
    I Never Loved A Man(The Way That ILove You) - Liv Warfield track
    Satisfied
    I Donít Want Nobody to Give Me Nothing (James Brown Cover)-Janelle Monae sings a little
    Housequake (not snippet)
    The Jam
    The Bird
    Jungle Love
    The Glamorous Life

    - ENCORE 3-
    Lost & Found ~ Lianne La Havas song with P on keyboard
    - -
    Sampler Set
    Hot Thing
    Doug E Fresh raps over Hot Thing
    Doug E Fresf Freestyles with Prince on bass
    If I was Ur Girlfriend
    Forever in My Life
    When Doves Cry
    Nasty Girl snippet
    777-9311
    Sign of the Times
    I Would Die 4 U
    Pop Life
    Alphabet Street
    Most Beautiful Girl In the World (sampled)
    A Love Bizarre

    - ENCORE 4-
    Days of Wild - Big Fun & Family Affair - interpolation
    Piano Set
    How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
    The Beautiful Ones
    Diamonds & Pearls
    Sometimes It Snows in April

    - ENCORE 5-
    Act of God
    What Have U Done 4 Me Lately
    Northside
    Which Way Is Up(Theme Song from..)
    Dancing Machine/It's Alright/ When the Saints - interpolation
    Can't Nobody Love You Better/Don't Stop The Music
    Partyman

    - ENCORE 6-
    Let's Go Crazy - including Frankenstein interpolation
    Funk N Roll
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Funk N Roll(Remix) over the PA system
    god fucking damn it all to hell

  22. #70912
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    something in the waterrrrr FUCK

  23. #70913
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    If anyone finds the bootleg of that show please please share. I'm looking around for it but it's probably not up yet. I need it.

  24. #70914
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Pop Fucking Life! I could've walked to this show - getting ill thinking about it.
    F: AC/DC, Nero, Cloud Nothings, Lykke Li, Interpol, George Ezra, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Gorgon City
    S: Parquet Courts, Perfume Genius, Danny Tenaglia, Kasabian, Jack White, Royal Blood, TWOD, Chet Faker, What So Not
    S: The Orwells, OFF!, St. Vincent, Gesaffelstein, Joyce Manor, Lil B, Kaskade, Madeon

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  25. #70915
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    27,119

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Damnit. After hearing reports about Friday's show, I lost interest. Ugh, huge mistake.

    No shows for me this week, it seems. Next week I have Kelis, maybe Moses Sumney, and St. Vincent. Still need a St Vincent ticket, speaking of which...
    2/28 Warpaint @ Fais Do-Do, 4/10 St. Vincent @ The Cosmopolitan, 5/2 Desert Daze, 5/8-10 Levitation

  26. #70916
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,033

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Kelis in LA? More info please!

  27. #70917
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Kelis as in "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"?
    F: AC/DC, Nero, Cloud Nothings, Lykke Li, Interpol, George Ezra, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Gorgon City
    S: Parquet Courts, Perfume Genius, Danny Tenaglia, Kasabian, Jack White, Royal Blood, TWOD, Chet Faker, What So Not
    S: The Orwells, OFF!, St. Vincent, Gesaffelstein, Joyce Manor, Lil B, Kaskade, Madeon

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  28. #70918
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,033

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yup. She just recently signed with Ninja Tune.

  29. #70919
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sodom & Gomorrah
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I would go just to krunk to that one song.
    F: AC/DC, Nero, Cloud Nothings, Lykke Li, Interpol, George Ezra, Azealia Banks, Todd Terje, Gorgon City
    S: Parquet Courts, Perfume Genius, Danny Tenaglia, Kasabian, Jack White, Royal Blood, TWOD, Chet Faker, What So Not
    S: The Orwells, OFF!, St. Vincent, Gesaffelstein, Joyce Manor, Lil B, Kaskade, Madeon

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  30. #70920
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,321

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    When is NIN going to announce that new tour? this week maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio
    May 31 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Majestic Ventura Theatre
    May 2 - Desert Daze - Meca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •