Page 2345 of 2595 FirstFirst ... 23402341234223432344234523462347234823492350 ... LastLast
Results 70,321 to 70,350 of 77825

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #70321
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,688

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    I wish I got one of those posters. Went to get one after the show and they were sold out.
    I convinced myself to buy a poster the second night, but it seems they didn't leave any to sell on night two. bastards.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Feb 14 Spiritualized show is up on Dime.
    there was an official recording being done of the saturday show, interestingly enough.

    I felt night two was even better than the first. really glad I decided to go to both. it could have been related to me being better rested, or me being less drunk, or better acoustics on the floor than the balcony, or just a better performance. it's hard to say, though typically when I've seen the same band two nights in a row I find the second night better.

  2. #70322
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I felt night two was even better than the first. really glad I decided to go to both. it could have been related to me being better rested, or me being less drunk, or better acoustics on the floor than the balcony, or just a better performance. it's hard to say, though typically when I've seen the same band two nights in a row I find the second night better.
    I felt the same about night 2, my seats were a bit better than the first night, but overall I just enjoyed it more

  3. #70323
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,373

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    okay. so maybe i'm the only one who felt this way....

    here it goes. Spiritualized show. Fucking amazing. The performance was just perfection. But, i thought it was the worst crowd I've ever seen in my life. I was ORCH about 12 rows back or so.. and literally there was never a time when someone wasn't standing up to leave and go get beer or some shit. LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING FIVE SECONDS. And they'd be in the center of the row. There was even a time when I saw at least fifteen people get up and leave during Stay With Me (how the fuck could you leave during that?) and they all came back about thirty minutes later with beer in hand. Aghhh it made me so fucking angry and really killed the vibe. Plus, my seat was at the end of the aisle... It's cool that there was a pretty strict no photo policy, but security was literally walking up and down the aisle every fucking moment of the show just looking for cameras it seemed. I could go on and on with some the most horrible show etiquette I've ever seen, but I'll stop there. It's a shame because I absolutely loved the performance but the crowd really put a damper on it.

    /endrant

    8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

  4. #70324
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,158

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I feel ya FEELS. I too like the no camera policy, but the constant shining of flashlights by security to offenders was a drag for those of us trying to watch the show. And I don't mind if you try to time a jog to the restroom and back if you need it, mid-show. But if you got to have more drink, why not just two-fist it before it starts? And the entire row in front of me could not be arsed to give any applause throughout. At one point I said aloud "Are you guys dead inside"? Couldn't help it.

    Kvetching aside, night 2 was even better than night 1. I could not believe how polished the band sounded. Each song was executed to perfection. It was easily one of the best sound mixes I have heard at a theater show. And most effective use of a giant disco ball ever. I hated to see it end.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| Aerosmith| Steely Dan/Elvis Costello| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| The Jesus and Mary Chain/A Place To Bury Strangers| FYF| Erykah Badu/St Vincent| The Who| Chelsea Wolfe| AC/DC| Garbage| Neil Young| Deerhunter/Atlas Sound| Blur| The Cult/Primal Scream| PIL| Refused| Puscifer| Puscifer

  5. #70325
    Lurker barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs at Bang Bang San Diego a few weeks ago
    Kaiser Chiefs at the El Rey Los Angeles Feb 25
    Lady A in Ontario March 15

  6. #70326
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,688

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    here it goes. Spiritualized show. Fucking amazing. The performance was just perfection. But, i thought it was the worst crowd I've ever seen in my life.
    argh, sorry to hear that. I actually ended up with a good crowd around me both nights, I was dreading having to ask people to be quiet but I never needed to, and people around me weren't getting up a lot like yours were. I agree the bouncers flashing people was a little distracting, but less distracting than staring at a bunch of phones and cameras in front of me. it should have been unnecessary, though. I guess people either didn't read the signs or lack self control.

  7. #70327

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Luscious Jackson
    May 30th
    El Rey Theatre

  8. #70328
    Member TheWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,876

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    I feel ya FEELS. I too like the no camera policy, but the constant shining of flashlights by security to offenders was a drag for those of us trying to watch the show. And I don't mind if you try to time a jog to the restroom and back if you need it, mid-show. But if you got to have more drink, why not just two-fist it before it starts? And the entire row in front of me could not be arsed to give any applause throughout. At one point I said aloud "Are you guys dead inside"? Couldn't help it.
    Same experience here. The first night almost nobody left during the show, and it looked like they waited till the end of a song to come sit back down. During the quiet parts you could almost hear a pin drop. The 2nd night the people in my row (The middle of the row, and I had an end seat) must have left for drinks 5-10 times. I really don't understand why people pay for a show if all they are going to do is go to the bar. And, of course the drunken "Woo-hoo" at inappropriate times.


    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Kvetching aside, night 2 was even better than night 1. I could not believe how polished the band sounded. Each song was executed to perfection. It was easily one of the best sound mixes I have heard at a theater show. And most effective use of a giant disco ball ever. I hated to see it end.
    Both nights were very good. But night 1 had more extended songs and went longer. They started a little late, maybe 9:10 I think? But night 2 they didn't start till around 10 and still ended at about the same time.

    One of the most excellent light shows I have seen, by the way.

  9. #70329
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,851

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Neutral Milk Hotel tonight!

    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 9/14 - The Mohawk
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 9/15 - The Mohawk
    Chelsea Wolfe - 9/19 - The Mohawk
    Titus Andronicus - 9/20 - Red 7
    Thee Oh Sees - 9/23 - Hotel Vegas
    Leon Bridges - 10/2 - The Parish

  10. #70330
    Member Prelude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NP, CA
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    INVSN, Dennis Lyxzen's new group, is playing the Troubadour next month. At just over 10 bucks, that's a hard one to say no to.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

  11. #70331
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,688

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Both nights were very good. But night 1 had more extended songs and went longer. They started a little late, maybe 9:10 I think? But night 2 they didn't start till around 10 and still ended at about the same time.
    uh. not sure what show you were at. first night they started around 9.20. second night I don't have the exact time, but it didn't feel like it started much later. I was in the venue before 8.30 and sure as hell didn't sit there for 90 minutes before they started.

  12. #70332

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    OH shit

    Chic
    Giorgio Moroder
    w/ Oliver, Tensnake and Destructo
    The Hollywood Boel
    May 10

  13. #70333
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,087

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    OH shit

    Chic
    Giorgio Moroder
    w/ Oliver, Tensnake and Destructo
    The Hollywood Boel
    May 10
    Wow, any idea when tickets go on sale?

  14. #70334
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,373

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    Same experience here. The first night almost nobody left during the show, and it looked like they waited till the end of a song to come sit back down. During the quiet parts you could almost hear a pin drop. The 2nd night the people in my row (The middle of the row, and I had an end seat) must have left for drinks 5-10 times. I really don't understand why people pay for a show if all they are going to do is go to the bar. And, of course the drunken "Woo-hoo" at inappropriate times.




    Both nights were very good. But night 1 had more extended songs and went longer. They started a little late, maybe 9:10 I think? But night 2 they didn't start till around 10 and still ended at about the same time.

    One of the most excellent light shows I have seen, by the way.

    You must have been seated right next to me the second night because I had a very similar experience. There was an older lady with a leopard print hat on two rows in front of me... Her and her posse must have got up and left 10 times throughout the show, and each time it was a huge scene. Them talking loudly, them returning loudly with beers in hand and spilling them.

    There was a guy in front of me who I kid you not fell asleep during the performance!! What the fuck.

    But I also agree with the lighting statement... There were some truly beautiful moments.

    8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

  15. #70335

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Wow, any idea when tickets go on sale?
    Friday. Probably announced tomorrow officially. It's a lease, so they are easily gonna have high pricing.

  16. #70336
    Lurker rafinha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    DTLA
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I was front row and center for the 2nd night of Spiritualized. Amazing show! Venue is beautiful - hoping for a lot more shows here since I live down the street.

    Didn't pay much attention to the people behind me, but the couple to my right were constantly getting up to go grab drinks, chatting it up, taking selfies, etc.

    I was too busy melting in my seat to give a fuck, but I find it odd that people with such great seats would be so uninterested in the performance.

  17. #70337
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Man, I had such a blast at Spiritualized. I was pretty far back in the balcony, but god damn. I had a great view, the people next to me were cool (dude ended up buying me a beer because his gf or whatever kept coming and going) and holy shit that theater is beautiful. Oh Happy Days was a great ending and the fact I was even able to score a ticket was nothing short of a miracle. Best one day weekend I have had in a long time. Oh yeah, great meeting you again, FEELS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    Modest Mouse - Aug. 21 - Hollywood Forever
    Ratatat - Sept. 20 - Majestic Ventura
    Sufjan Stevens - Oct. 24 - Arlington Theatre
    Beach House - Dec. 12 - Fonda

  18. #70338
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    27,399

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Free show at the bootleg on 3/17 with Moses sumney and Angel from dirty projectors.

    http://foldsilverlake.com/show.cfm?id=136264
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

  19. #70339
    Coachella Junkie ficklecycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    10,087

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Damn, thanks for the heads up Boourns. Her solo stuff is great.

  20. #70340

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Neutral Milk Hotel tonight!
    Have fun Gribbz!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut it down.

  21. #70341

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Free show at the bootleg on 3/17 with Moses sumney and Angel from dirty projectors.

    http://foldsilverlake.com/show.cfm?id=136264
    Also, White Sea is Morgan Kibby from M83. Debut album will finally be out in the coming weeks.

    Last edited by blazin; 02-17-2014 at 07:33 PM.

  22. #70342
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,373

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Man, I had such a blast at Spiritualized. I was pretty far back in the balcony, but god damn. I had a great view, the people next to me were cool (dude ended up buying me a beer because his gf or whatever kept coming and going) and holy shit that theater is beautiful. Oh Happy Days was a great ending and the fact I was even able to score a ticket was nothing short of a miracle. Best one day weekend I have had in a long time. Oh yeah, great meeting you again, FEELS.
    I'm glad to hear your seats were in a more well-mannered area than mine were! Yeah dude, it was nice getting to hang out and meet you as well!

    8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

  23. #70343
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    10,219

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Neutral Milk Hotel was seriously great tonight. The show just had such a positive and happy vibe to it. The crowd was real respectful too. The whole experience really just exceeded all of my expectations. Highlight for me was Naomi. The whole band was jumping around and looked to be having a blast. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow!

    September 1 - Gwar
    September 11 - Negură Bunget
    September 14 - GY!BE
    September 19 - Chelsea Wolfe
    September 20 - Titus Andronicus
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 10 - The Sword& Kadavar
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 4 - Puscifer
    November 7 - FFF/Mayhem/Watain/Rotting Christ
    November 13 - Housecore Horror Fest
    November 14 - Deafheaven
    March 24 - David Gilmour

  24. #70344
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    27,399

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Low ticket warning for cibo matto.
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

  25. #70345
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Neutral Milk Hotel was seriously great tonight. The show just had such a positive and happy vibe to it. The crowd was real respectful too. The whole experience really just exceeded all of my expectations. Highlight for me was Naomi. The whole band was jumping around and looked to be having a blast. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow!
    Yeah it was an awesome show. I walked in 10 min before they went on and stood 10 feet from Jeff on stage left. Totally agree about the positive and happy vibe. I didn't realize how good the band is.
    9/13 The Tallest Man on Earth ~ 9/14 Godspeed You! Black Emperor ~ 9/19 Chelsea Wolfe ~ 9/21 Death Cab for Cutie w/ Twin Shadow ~ 9/25 Kraftwerk ~ 10/3 The Decemberists ~ 10/5 Lord Huron ~ 10/9 & 10/11 Austin City Limits W2 ~ 10/18 Lake Street Dive ~ 10/20 The Districts ~ 10/22 & 10/23 My Morning Jacket ~ 10/24 Gorgon City ~ 10/30 Vintage Trouble ~ 11/2 Chris Cornell ~ 11/12 Israel Nash

  26. #70346
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,851

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Neutral Milk Hotel was seriously great tonight. The show just had such a positive and happy vibe to it. The crowd was real respectful too. The whole experience really just exceeded all of my expectations. Highlight for me was Naomi. The whole band was jumping around and looked to be having a blast. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow!
    Phenomenal show. It was nice hearing Jeff chat a bit about why he doesn't like people taking pictures and video during their shows. Loved how genuinely happy they all seemed to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    Yeah it was an awesome show. I walked in 10 min before they went on and stood 10 feet from Jeff on stage left.
    One of the great things about the Moody. They seem to undersell the floor so there's always plenty of space. Not a bad seat in the house either.

    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 9/14 - The Mohawk
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 9/15 - The Mohawk
    Chelsea Wolfe - 9/19 - The Mohawk
    Titus Andronicus - 9/20 - Red 7
    Thee Oh Sees - 9/23 - Hotel Vegas
    Leon Bridges - 10/2 - The Parish

  27. #70347

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Guns N' Roses Residency at the Joint in LV: No Trickery! An Evening of Destruction, comprises nine shows at The Joint: May 21, 24, 25, 28, 30 and 31 and June 4, 6 and 7.

  28. #70348
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,147

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Without Slash and McKagan it's just a waste of money

  29. #70349
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Glass house Coachella shows announced at noon.

  30. #70350

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Plus everyone else's. Get your wallet ready.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •