Page 1844 of 2585 FirstFirst ... 18391840184118421843184418451846184718481849 ... LastLast
Results 55,291 to 55,320 of 77535

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #55291
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,742

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Paging Oscar. Not sure which show you ended up at when they conflicted with Of Monsters and Men, but they're back.

    2:54 @ The Troubadour 6/26
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/1 Chemical Brothers @HARD Summer - 8/5 Juanes @OC Fair - 8/6 Django Django @El Rey- 8/11 Hot Chip @Greek - 8/15 Superhumanoids @Echo Park Rising - 8/21 Drums @Glasshouse - 8/22&23 FYF Fest - 9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - GOTHTOBER IAMX takes over Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

  2. #55292
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    4,329

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I'll echo the praise for Nicolas Jaar last night; I thought it was a bit slow getting going, but once he started to transition between the sound-scappy stuff and his album tracks about 30 minutes in the set just continued to pick up momentum. I really liked what the live guitar and sax brought to the songs, and although some kind of visuals would have been nice I still left pretty happy. It was also nice meeting TallGuy and Scenestar!

    In other news:

    Oneohtrix Point Never

    04.06.12 - Boston, MA - Middle East
    04.10.12 - Seattle, WA - University of Washington
    04.11.12 - Vancouver, BC - W2
    05.05.12 - Brooklyn, NY - Crossing Brooklyn Ferry Festival
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  3. #55293
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,770

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    great video supre. thanks for posting. really bummed i missed last night, but hopefully he impressed enough that they'll bring him back for FYF

  4. #55294
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Seeing Miike Snow next month. Also Radiohead in June, assuming everything is in order since I'm driving to Camden for that, but when there's a will there's a way....
    Last edited by Siege; 03-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.

  5. #55295
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,144

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Gotye adds LA show

    "We're very pleased to announce an extra show has been added to Gotye's North American tour. On April 19 he will perform in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre - LA Live. Missy Higgins will be special guest. Tickets for this show will go on sale to the general public on Friday, March 30. Ticket link to follow soon"- Gotye HQ

  6. #55296
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Gotye adds LA show

    "We're very pleased to announce an extra show has been added to Gotye's North American tour. On April 19 he will perform in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre - LA Live. Missy Higgins will be special guest. Tickets for this show will go on sale to the general public on Friday, March 30. Ticket link to follow soon"- Gotye HQ
    wow ! capacity there is right around 6k ?

  7. #55297
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,449

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    wowzers, that's quite a step up. Didn't he just play El Rey?
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

  8. #55298
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    9,266

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    In the SF Bay, GOTYE was moved from the Independent (500) to the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (7,000).
    07/24 Social Studies @ GAMH (?)
    07/28 Yumi Zoumi @ The Rickshaw Stop
    07/31 Ratatat @ The Regency
    08/07-08/09 OSL @ Golden Gate Park
    08/17 Cayucas @ The Independent
    08/26 MSTRKRFT @ The Mezzanine
    08/28 Booka Shade @ The Mezzanine
    09/18-9/20 TBD Fest @ Sacramento
    09/23 Say Lou Lou @ The Independent
    10/02 The Tragically Hip @ The Masonic
    10/03 Tove Lo @ The Fox Theatre (?)
    10/10 Beirut @ The Greek Theatre
    10/14 AlunaGeorge @ The Mezzanine (?)

  9. #55299
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    9,070

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    In the SF Bay, GOTYE was moved from the Independent (500) to the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (7,000).
    What the fuck? Did dude get 5 pitchfork articles in one day or something?
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

  10. #55300
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Paging Oscar. Not sure which show you ended up at when they conflicted with Of Monsters and Men, but they're back.

    2:54 @ The Troubadour 6/26
    awww damn it....... Glad I caught em last week at the echo though

  11. #55301
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    wow ! capacity there is right around 6k ?
    7000+


    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    What the fuck? Did dude get 5 pitchfork articles in one day or something?
    every dj at ultra played a remix by him. And everyone sang along.. Hehas arrvied. Oh, and he gets airplay on Kiis fm now.
    Last edited by suprefan; 03-27-2012 at 04:08 PM.

  12. #55302
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,141

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    awww damn it....... Glad I caught em last week at the echo though
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet. Ridiculous for them to be playing the troubadour. Gotye at nokia theater Is insane.

  13. #55303
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,449

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    7000+
    Jesus, Nokia is that big? I thought it was 6k also. i haven't seen a show there yet though, so what do i know
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

  14. #55304
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    20,758

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet.
    The album hasn't officially been released yet? I feel like it's been on spotify for quite a while.

    EDIT* They're billed pretty high at Sasquatch. Main stage too.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 03-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.

    Metz - 8/15 - Red 7
    Belle & Sebastian - 8/28 - ACL Live
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 9/14 - The Mohawk
    Chelsea Wolfe - 9/19 - The Mohawk
    Titus Andronicus - 9/20 - Red 7
    Thee Oh Sees - 9/23 - Hotel Vegas

  15. #55305
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,449

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Sleigh Bells played a pretty fucking packed tent at Coachella before they had an album out
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

  16. #55306
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,141

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    To be clear I'm talking about 2:54 not of monsters and men. sleigh bells was not packed in 2010, so much room to roam around

  17. #55307
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    How were they? They don't even have a fucking album out yet. Ridiculous for them to be playing the troubadour. Gotye at nokia theater Is insane.
    The Echo was pretty full and almost cleared out entirely after they finished. So the Troubadour will definitely sell out. They were great. If The XX and Warpaint had babies, these would be the babies.

    vid from the show.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    To be clear I'm talking about 2:54 not of monsters and men. sleigh bells was not packed in 2010, so much room to roam around

    It was packed. People were watching in the sun outside the tent.
    Last edited by suprefan; 03-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.

  18. #55308
    Member GrossMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Reggie Watts

    05/16/12 Chicago Vic Theatre
    05/17/12 Cleveland The Grog Shop
    05/19/12 Philadelphia Trocadero
    05/20/12 New York City Webster Hall
    05/21/12 Washington D.C. 930 Club
    05/23/12 Atlanta Variety Playhouse
    05/24/12 New Orleans Tipitina’s
    05/26/12 Austin Scottish Rite Theatre
    05/29/12 Phoenix Crescent Ballroom
    05/30/12 Los Angeles The Music Box
    06/01/12 San Francisco, CA The Independent
    06/03/12 Portland The Crystal Ballroom at McMenamins
    06/04/12 Seattle, WA Neptune Theatre
    06/28/12 Rothbury, MI Electric Forest Festival

  19. #55309
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,141

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Yeah I like the EP that 2:54 put out last year. I was supposed to go to that show, big scary and big talk are good too. I was hoping for another echo show though.

  20. #55310
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    29,504

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    They were great. If The XX and Warpaint had babies, these would be the babies.
    Is this how they're describing themselves, because Zach used the same exact description on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  21. #55311
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    4,329

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Pulp @ The Fox onsale info:

    Friday, 3/30
    $50/63.90 and $60/$75.50
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  22. #55312
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Is this how they're describing themselves, because Zach used the same exact description on Friday.
    Well at least I am not alone.

  23. #55313

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Pulp @ The Fox onsale info:

    Friday, 3/30
    $50/63.90 and $60/$75.50
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...1&minorcatid=1
    It should be noted that the lower price is for floor!

  24. #55314
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Doc Sportello's hood
    Posts
    20,324

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    It should be noted that the lower price is for floor!
    Thank god.
    8/05 - Wilco - Greek (?)
    8/06 - Tame Impala - Hollywood Forever
    8/13 - Alabama Shakes - Greek (?)
    8/14-16 - Berserktown - Observatory
    8/19 - The Jesus and Mary Chain - Fonda (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by LtLoisEinhorn View Post
    Once Morrissey realizes he's on a poster/lineup with an act called 'Horse Meat Disco' he will Cancel.
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  25. #55315
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I think this has been discussed before, but with striking out bad on Jack White recently I'm curious if going to the Beverly Center or Ritmo Latino right at 10 would get good tickets for Gotye.. Or if anyone knows of a place in Orange County that'd be pretty awesome.

    If I can get tickets to Gotye I am thinking about doing Gotye then run over to Nero at Club Nokia. I was banking on the Nero show to start at 10:00 because that is what they did when they had excision there, but it looks like 8:00 pm it is. If anyone knows whether or not they will stretch this thing until 2 please let me know!

  26. #55316
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,449

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I got shut out of onsales plenty of times at onsite Ticketmaster locations being first in line back when that was the only option (after waiting for hours). They use computers too. I dind't even know you could buy tickets that way anymore.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

  27. #55317
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I got shut out of onsales plenty of times at onsite Ticketmaster locations being first in line back when that was the only option (after waiting for hours). They use computers too. I dind't even know you could buy tickets that way anymore.
    Damn that makes me feel guilty never having to do that! I just figured they might be on a different system where they don't have to enter a captcha or something of that sort, giving the location the upper hand. Possibly that the time on their screen is perfectly in sync with the whole system, etc. But yeah the two places I mentioned might be the last two of a pretty much extinct breed.

    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.

  28. #55318
    Member eudaemonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    649

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Kimbra @ Bardot, 4/16

  29. #55319
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    15,647

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.
    I don't think those are susceptible to scripting attacks, so no probably no captcha. probably no IP blocking if you look too many times either.

  30. #55320
    old school JorgeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,742

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What they DO have now though are these redbox type (but smaller) self automated ticketmaster dispensers that you can purchase tickets at and have them printed out for you on the spot (as regular ticketmaster ticket stubs, NOT ticketfast). They have one at the Brea mall by my house, I've used it once but it has been awhile since then and I can't remember if it takes you through captcha. Anyone recall? I might try and make it there by friday and check it out, I will report back.
    i've never seen these, I wonder where other locations are. I know when ticketmaster struck a deal to sell tickets thru Walmart i was kind of excited since it was right after my local Ritmo Latino closed, but then i saw that the Walmart "ticket" is just a Walmart receipt with a barcode on it. A ticketfast ticket was nicer than that POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/1 Chemical Brothers @HARD Summer - 8/5 Juanes @OC Fair - 8/6 Django Django @El Rey- 8/11 Hot Chip @Greek - 8/15 Superhumanoids @Echo Park Rising - 8/21 Drums @Glasshouse - 8/22&23 FYF Fest - 9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - GOTHTOBER IAMX takes over Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •