Page 1840 of 2541 FirstFirst ... 18351836183718381839184018411842184318441845 ... LastLast
Results 55,171 to 55,200 of 76230

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

I didn't say every album...I actually agree on all almost all those albums. It's not like no good music is being made...but there is a lot of overrated indie crap out there that people obsess over that just sucks in my opinion. For the list you just typed there is one ten times as long of bands that people were over-hyping and have since near faded into oblivion.

Push forward even 10 years from now..how many truly "classic" records are being made these days compared to other eras of music? Not very many in my opinion. There is nothing stupid about my argument...you may not agree...but it is not stupid and MANY other people I've spoken with feel the same about about the current music scene.

2007 was also an exceptional year and one of the best years of music in recent times...2008 onward has just been bland for the most part. But hey if you or anyone else finds joy in more modern music scene good for you, just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I better fucking see you tomorrow Omar, don't run off, because I will find your ass...
    hahah oh I'll be there alright pretty early to pre-party I hope...will def be in touch and looking forward to catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseRadio View Post
    I didn't say every album...I actually agree on all almost all those albums. It's not like no good music is being made...but there is a lot of overrated indie crap out there that people obsess over that just sucks in my opinion. For the list you just typed there is one ten times as long of bands that people were over-hyping and have since near faded into oblivion.

Push forward even 10 years from now..how many truly "classic" records are being made these days compared to other eras of music? Not very many in my opinion. There is nothing stupid about my argument...you may not agree...but it is not stupid and MANY other people I've spoken with feel the same about about the current music scene.

2007 was also an exceptional year and one of the best years of music in recent times...2008 onward has just been bland for the most part. But hey if you or anyone else finds joy in more modern music scene good for you, just not my cup of tea.

The End.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

hahah oh I'll be there alright pretty early to pre-party I hope...will def be in touch and looking forward to catching up.
    If I see you taking off I'm going to scream obscenities in my gay voice... Omar, you don't want my gay voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Even when Guns N Roses were putting shit out that was relevant, there was a lot of unforgettable crap being put out. It's the same all the time, it's just what a matter of how we choose to remember the past.

Boring. There is more music being released now, and if you look for it, that means there's more good music being released as well. There isn't a mass culture consuming music at the same time, so there isn't as much consensus on what is the best new stuff coming out. But there are so many great bands putting out great records every year that it's ridiculous to argue that music now is worse than it used to be. And, honestly Omar, I do think there is something, not stupid, but short-sighted about your argument. Many of the albums that people think of as classics are thought of in that fashion because 1) they were produced at a time when the pool for listening was much smaller, so the mass consensus about an album's relative worth could be more easily reached and 2) they've been around long enough that people have had time to really get comfortable with them.

For my money, there is music coming out now that can stand up with the best of any canons of popular recording. In 30 years, Microcastle will, at least in a niche field, have the same amount of adoration as classics by Big Star or Television or Smashing Pumpkins. We just haven't lived with the new stuff for long enough for it to become classic yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I like turtles..........

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Guns N Roses are the most irrelevant band ever.
    That's crazy talk, man. Everybody knows the Beatles are the most irrelevant band ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Boring. There is more music being released now, and if you look for it, that means there's more good music being released as well. There isn't a mass culture consuming music at the same time, so there isn't as much consensus on what is the best new stuff coming out. But there are so many great bands putting out great records every year that it's ridiculous to argue that music now is worse than it used to be. And, honestly Omar, I do think there is something, not stupid, but short-sighted about your argument. Many of the albums that people think of as classics are thought of in that fashion because 1) they were produced at a time when the pool for listening was much smaller, so the mass consensus about an album's relative worth could be more easily reached and 2) they've been around long enough that people have had time to really get comfortable with them.

For my money, there is music coming out now that can stand up with the best of any canons of popular recording. In 30 years, Microcastle will, at least in a niche field, have the same amount of adoration as classics by Big Star or Television or Smashing Pumpkins. We just haven't lived with the new stuff for long enough for it to become classic yet.
    Thank you, Bryan. This is put perfectly.

MuseRadio, you sound like that guy who says there have been no good bands since Zeppelin. Or, was it since The Sex Pistols? Or, maybe it was Nirvana? I can't remeber.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Imagine how few posts there would be on the internet if people could differentiate between opinion and fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

yesterdays music is always better than todays

and to add on to what everyone is saying , I think when people say shit like "instant classic" it is complete hogwash ... how the fuck can something brand new INSTANTANEOUSLY become a classic. Give todays music some time..

This thread got fun. Bryan put an end to it, yes? Because he is right. Can't stand when people say there isn't good music these days.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Are you sure?

ok, smart ass, yesterdays music that had meaning to you, and that you enjoyed, and have memories invested within, will always be better to you than todays. does that work for you ?

This needs to be quoted again.

In actual upcoming shows news here are my upcoming (rock) shows before Coachella!

03/26 - Jandek @ Vaudville Park
    03/28 - The Joy Formidable, A Place To Bury Strangers @ Terminal 5
    04/07 - The Magnetic Fields, DeVotchKa (acoustic) @ Berklee Performance Center, Boston, MA
    04/10 - Pulp @ Radio City Music Hall

I really wish I could catch the Wedding Present as well but I probably should not.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    If you can't make the deadline you cant make the deadline. I didn't stop playing pokemon last night for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    "Keep dreaming." You're such a dipshit.
    Looking at their tour schedule, they'll be in Europe from mid August to mid September. If Lolla rumor is true, I don't think they'll be in the States in the beginning of August then coming back again in late September! We already have Sat/Sun headliners and I'm assuming ATP will get Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (or Sleep!) as Friday's headliner

ps For kids still debating about GNR in year 2012, isn't Axl the only original member left? If they get Slash back then maybe I'll pay $10 to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Well, just to put a nail in this stupid coffin, let's take a quick trip back to 5 years ago, shall we? These albums are all from 2007:

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
    Deerhunter - Cryptograms
    LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
    Panda Bear - Person Pitch
    Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna Are You the Destroyer?
    Battles - Mirrored
    The National - Boxer

...and the list goes on. But yeah, no one gives a crap and/or remembers who these bands were.
    I'll add couple more I still listen to all of those albums below that came out in 2007 except for Neon Bible.
    Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
    Liars - Liars
    Deerhunter - Cryptograms / Fluorescent Grey EP
    Burial - Untrue
    Radiohead - In Rainbows
    Tinariwen - Aman Iman: Water Is Life

3/25 Bjork @ City Center
    3/26 Demdike Stare/Rrose @ WPP Church
    3/27 Untold/Tessela @ Wick
    3/27 Mathew Jonson @ Output
    3/28 Bjork @ City Center
    3/28 Petre Inspirescu @ 315

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Flawless victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Swans - 4/6 - Parish
    Sleep - 5/1 - ACL Live
    Levitation Festival - 5/8 - 5/10 - Carson Creek Ranch
    The Avett Brothers - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater

Oh yeah, Cryptograms! That's the 2007 release I spend the most time with now.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Oh yeah, Cryptograms! That's the 2007 release I spend the most time with now.
    Whatever, dude. Everyone knows Deerhunter is just another forgettable band trying to be Vampire Weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Swans - 4/6 - Parish
    Sleep - 5/1 - ACL Live
    Levitation Festival - 5/8 - 5/10 - Carson Creek Ranch
    The Avett Brothers - 6/27 - Whitewater Amphitheater

There is plenty of new amazing music, I just think we choose to forget the crap.

3/25 Gotye @ Terminal 5 (NYC)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I agree with this a great deal. As a matter of fact I believe Deerhunter will go down as one of the most relevant bands of the 2000's. Same goes for TV on the Radio, but that is a discussion we can have 10-15 years from now.

Homer: You wouldn't understand, dad. You're not "with it."
    Grampa Simpson: I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't "it," and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

lolque?

1st time in the US in 7 years!!! Listen to new Squarepusher here: http://soundcloud.com/lis0/squarepusher-dark-steering

Can't believe tonight's show didn't sell out till 2 hrs ago!

3/25 Bjork @ City Center
    3/28 Bjork @ City Center

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    This needs to be quoted again.

In actual upcoming shows news here are my upcoming (rock) shows before Coachella!

03/26 - Jandek @ Vaudville Park
    03/28 - The Joy Formidable, A Place To Bury Strangers @ Terminal 5
    04/07 - The Magnetic Fields, DeVotchKa (acoustic) @ Berklee Performance Center, Boston, MA
    04/10 - Pulp @ Radio City Music Hall

I really wish I could catch the Wedding Present as well but I probably should not.
    Any word on more Jandek dates? I can't find any online.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I don't think Jandek really tours. He does one-offs here and there though.
    last.fm
    3/21/15 - Tweedy @ Theater at Ace Hotel // 3/27/15 - At The Gates (w/Converge, Pallbearer) @ Wiltern // 4/14/15 - Cloud Nothings @ Echo // 4/19/15 - Electric Wizard @ Roxy
    // 4/22/15 - Faith No More - Wiltern // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater //6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler

Hot Chip new dates:

13th July - First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
    15th July - Sound Academy Toronto, ON
    17th July - House of Blues Boston, MA
    18th July - Prospect Park Bandshell Brooklyn, NY
    21st July - Electric Factory Philadelphia
    11th Sept - Fox Theater Oakland, CA
    13th Sept - Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR
    14th Sept - Paramount Theatre Seattle, WA
    15th Sept - Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC
    20th Sept - Piramide De Cholula, Guadalajara, Mexico
    21st Sept - Foro Alterno, Guadalajara, Mexico
    22nd Sept - Pepsi Center, Mexico City, Mexico

ps Anyone @ SXSW see the Jesus & Mary Chain last night?

some guy just jumped on stage with jesus & mary chain & stripped naked next to jim reid before getting thrown off stage. wtf?!

https://twitter.com/#!/liveflowers/s...34734563196928

3/25 Bjork @ City Center
    3/28 Bjork @ City Center