Page 270 of 297 FirstFirst ... 265266267268269270271272273274275 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,100 of 8884

Thread: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

  1. #8071
    Member TomServo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,913

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i have a regular wii that stopped reading any disc, wii or game cube. are there places that repair this?
    Check the garbage. You'll probably find two or three Wiis that other people threw away.

    It's God's way of telling you to upgrade.

  2. #8072
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    10,896

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Do you need to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls to play Dark Souls II?
    No. The world and story of Demon's Souls is separate from Dark Souls. Dark Souls II has references and call backs to Dark Souls, but the games take place thousands of years apart and the story is kept pretty minimal for the most part in both games. I can't recommend this series enough though. It can be really frustrating but really rewarding at the same time.

    July 16 - Cough
    July 19 - Dragged Into Sunlight
    July 29 - Inter Arma
    August 12-14 - Migration Fest
    August 16 - Monolord
    August 26-28 - Psycho LV
    September 7 - Cobalt
    September 12 - Kraftwerk
    September 17 - Melvins
    September 20 - Wolves In The Throne Room
    September 21 - Kanye West
    September 30-October 2 - ACL wk.1
    October 7-9 - ACL wk.2
    October 11 - Failure
    October 21 - Sleep
    October 22 - Sleep
    October 23 - Sleep
    November 6 - Sia
    November 12 - Black Sabbath


  3. #8073
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    10,689

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    For anyone who owns a wii u I have the same name as my username on the boards
    Translation

    Last.fm



    Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Shamir should've known he couldn't compete with Axl's hat game that night

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I want to punch that woman.

  4. #8074
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,900

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Check the garbage. You'll probably find two or three Wiis that other people threw away.

    It's God's way of telling you to upgrade.
    You are talking to a person that is presumably an extremely casual video game players that does not understand any of the nonsense you talk about in this thread
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

  5. #8075
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,631

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Titanfall rules! I thought I was over the 1st person genre, but I guess I was wrong.

  6. #8076
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,837

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    TomServo is a total dick
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  7. #8077
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,697

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i have a regular wii that stopped reading any disc, wii or game cube. are there places that repair this?
    You can try to send it to Nintendo, try it yourself, or just pick up a replacement for cheap locally. But no, places like Gamestop won't repair them.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    For anyone who owns a wii u I have the same name as my username on the boards
    Same here.

  8. #8078
    Member TomServo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,913

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Playing a Wii in 2014 is the equivalent of jerking off to old lingerie magazines. There's so many better options, you're only hurting yourself.

  9. #8079
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    10,896

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Oh my god no one gives a fuck what you think of the Wii.

    July 16 - Cough
    July 19 - Dragged Into Sunlight
    July 29 - Inter Arma
    August 12-14 - Migration Fest
    August 16 - Monolord
    August 26-28 - Psycho LV
    September 7 - Cobalt
    September 12 - Kraftwerk
    September 17 - Melvins
    September 20 - Wolves In The Throne Room
    September 21 - Kanye West
    September 30-October 2 - ACL wk.1
    October 7-9 - ACL wk.2
    October 11 - Failure
    October 21 - Sleep
    October 22 - Sleep
    October 23 - Sleep
    November 6 - Sia
    November 12 - Black Sabbath


  10. #8080
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,114

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Well, I ordered Dark Souls today. I also pre-ordered the limited edition of Infamous: Second Son. I'm excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  11. #8081
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,678

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    I can't believe Henry blew his brains out.

  12. #8082

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Playing a Wii in 2014 is the equivalent of jerking off to old lingerie magazines. There's so many better options, you're only hurting yourself.
    The Wii can now be easily hacked and with an external HDD can house almost every game ever made for Nintendo. That, my friend, is worth something.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  13. #8083
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,900

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    I went back a couple years and started playing Rayman Origins this past week. I have never played the series, but I am a sucker for platformers and 2D animation, and this game is fucking amazing! I am so happy that I will be able to go right into legends when i finish it.
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

  14. #8084
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,964

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Playing a Wii in 2014 is the equivalent of jerking off to old lingerie magazines. There's so many better options, you're only hurting yourself.

    Oh shut the fuck up squirt, I still play gamecube games on my Wii along with a regular Wii game here and there.

  15. #8085
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    10,689

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    I played Super Metroid for a decent amount of time today and the flow of the game has been way more impressive than I could recall playing Metroid on Nintendo and all the reviews aren't hyperbolic.Then again when I did play Metroid I was maybe six or eight having no clue what I was suppose to be doing.Yet Super Metroid seems to be really tightly well done because I'm finding missile upgrades/items/bosses very shortly which I like and speed run friendly.
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-24-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Translation

    Last.fm



    Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Shamir should've known he couldn't compete with Axl's hat game that night

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I want to punch that woman.

  16. #8086

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I played Super Metroid for a decent amount of time today and the flow of the game has been way more impressive than I could recall playing Metroid on Nintendo and all the reviews aren't hyperbolic.Then again when I did play Metroid I was maybe six or eight having no clue what I was suppose to be doing.Yet Super Metroid seems to be really tightly well done because I'm finding missile upgrades/items/bosses very shortly which I like and speed run friendly.
    I agree. Midway, Nintendo and Capcom single-handily led the way. And then I would add Westwood (Command and Conqueror), iD (DOOM, Wolfenstein), and Blizzard (WarCraft) for the computer based.

    Anyone remember ever playing this Midway arcade game?

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  17. #8087
    Member TomServo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,913

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Infamous 3 and Titanfall within a couple weeks are the start of something special on the next gen systems. Both are fast paced, great looking, great sounding games that should act as anchors for their respective systems for the immediate future. And more on the way!

  18. #8088
    Member kronz420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    palm desert/Pomona
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    I agree. Midway, Nintendo and Capcom single-handily led the way. And then I would add Westwood (Command and Conqueror), iD (DOOM, Wolfenstein), and Blizzard (WarCraft) for the computer based.

    Anyone remember ever playing this Midway arcade game?

    I played this game at Balboa fun zone or whatever it's called. I remember shooting CDs at go go dancers to set them free! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

  19. #8089
    old school Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Normal Heights
    Posts
    2,891

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    So I'm playing the South Park game, and it's just an absolute delight so far. I'm not sure how they're allowed to show a 4th grader getting fucked by a giant black dildo, but I respect them for finding a way.
    <3 <3 <3 #SALMONS <3 <3 <3

  20. #8090
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,697

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Anyone here have an Ouya? If so, do you recommend?

    It's on sale (70 bucks and you get a 25 dollar credit for downloads) for another couple hours on Amazon:

    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...he-cm-11-port/

    http://www.amazon.com/OUYA-Console/dp/B0050SZD18#

  21. #8091
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,807

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    So I'm playing the South Park game, and it's just an absolute delight so far. I'm not sure how they're allowed to show a 4th grader getting fucked by a giant black dildo, but I respect them for finding a way.
    Satire

  22. #8092
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    10,689

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    If I remember correctly Revolution X got terrible reviews yet I have beaten that game probably at least 20- 30 times.I remember on this rail shooter that you could shot certain things and diverge onto another way to beating a level on top of running into a member of Aerosmith as a reward. The last boss was a lot of fun because you shot his dick off and his whole body was animated to be riddled with holes.

    I forgot about 3D realms 's shadow warrior and Blood which were really fun first person shooters but was reminded when looking up Jazz jackrabbit .Which Jazz Jackrabbit is, if you're a huge video game nerd of the 90s, a interesting story
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-25-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Translation

    Last.fm



    Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Shamir should've known he couldn't compete with Axl's hat game that night

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I want to punch that woman.

  23. #8093
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,114

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    I beat Infamous: Second Son on the PS4 today. It was pretty much just like Infamous and Infamous 2, but with graphical improvements and new powers. The gameplay is fun, but it does get pretty repetitive. You fight a lot of the same enemies many, many times. Unfortunately, the story doesn't add too much to the universe.

    Overall, I enjoyed it. It's really fun to zoom around the city and play with the different powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  24. #8094

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Free Dead Space for whoever wants it. I love scary games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

  25. #8095
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    10,689

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Damn Raymen Legends is now $20 for Wii U on Amazon.I'm really tempted to buy it but I think I'm going end up saving my money for after Coachella to pre-order Mario Kart 8.
    Translation

    Last.fm



    Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    Shamir should've known he couldn't compete with Axl's hat game that night

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I want to punch that woman.

  26. #8096
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    4,456

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    But what the hell am I doing arguing with a Drake fan from Alaska

  27. #8097

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    fuck ya'll. I still have a pentium 2.

  28. #8098

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    I played this game at Balboa fun zone or whatever it's called. I remember shooting CDs at go go dancers to set them free! Lol
    I use to play it at the local movie theater. The CD'S!! YES! hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    So I'm playing the South Park game, and it's just an absolute delight so far. I'm not sure how they're allowed to show a 4th grader getting fucked by a giant black dildo, but I respect them for finding a way.
    I just started playing. Only one companion so. Waiting for the story to get raunchier.

    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    If I remember correctly Revolution X got terrible reviews yet I have beaten that game probably at least 20- 30 times.I remember on this rail shooter that you could shot certain things and diverge onto another way to beating a level on top of running into a member of Aerosmith as a reward. The last boss was a lot of fun because you shot his dick off and his whole body was animated to be riddled with holes.

    I forgot about 3D realms 's shadow warrior and Blood which were really fun first person shooters but was reminded when looking up Jazz jackrabbit .Which Jazz Jackrabbit is, if you're a huge video game nerd of the 90s, a interesting story
    Not to sure on the review but it was indeed a great shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  29. #8099
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,678

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    Just got through The Last Of Us. Was a really great game, but way too short. Can anyone suggest something similar, but maybe withe play time that might rival Skyrim, I'm on round two of that....still. Curious how Dead Island is. Is that what it's called? Hmm.

  30. #8100

    Default Re: THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

    3 on 3 NHL Arcade hockey is the shit for a quick multiplayer. Mini goalie! Weee.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 531
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 07:33 AM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Synth Hardware/Software Thread
    By Jman4321 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
  4. Gaming Tent
    By natureboy in forum Questions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 08:08 PM
  5. IT hardware geek help
    By jackstraw94086 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •