Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 170171172173174175
Results 5,221 to 5,226 of 5226

Thread: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

Default Re: Beer. Not shit beer. Good beer.

You guys have not seen nor drunk Serbian beer...I'm telling you, it goes amazingly well with grill. We have this Lavbeer, which is the finest beer of them all in this country (and the competition is very serious for such a small country :rofl: ). The first time I drank it was on New Year's Eve (in case anyone comes to my city, Belgrade, check out http://www.newyearinserbia.com - that's where we find the best pubs, restaurants, caffes, etc. - make sure you tell me you're coming), and after that came Exit, Beer Garden, and the famous Beer Fest, which sucked this year. It's pretty obvious, but I was inseparable from that Lav beer...

I've been absolutely floored with the stuff Phantom Carriage has been putting out lately. Their "Muis Wild Belgian-Style Blonde" is fantastic. A little funky and wild tasting up front with the bubble gum Belgian after taste.

Also, I was hanging at the Santa Monica Pier catching Pokemon with the gf the other day when we picked up a couple bottles of Strand's Beach House Amber. Also delicious and perfect for a warm day at the beach.

Hey guys - I am going to be in NYC (Murray Hill in Manhattan) in a couple weeks. What local breweries/beer halls should I visit? Re: gazer's post above it seems like Other Half in Brooklyn might be a good one. What else?
    Tool| Tool| DeVotchka| Godspeed You! Black Emperor| Black Sabbath| Iggy Pop| Bruce Springsteen| New Order| David Gilmour| David Gilmour| Courtney Barnett| Coachella| Explosions in the Sky| Explosions in the Sky| Scorpions| The Cure| The Cure| The Who| Refused| Chelsea Wolfe| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Radiohead| Adele| PJ Harvey| Guns N' Roses| FYF| Swans| ELO| Black Sabbath| Lush| Echo & The Bunnymen| Sia| Desert Trip| Garbage| BRMC/DFA| This Will Destroy You| Temple of the Dog

The brewery I've been working at is on a huge tear. I am probably somewhat biased, but I have nearly stopped buying other beers, mostly because I just prefer the ones coming out of our tanks (also because I get them for free.)

If you're ever coming up 395 in California, I would love to share some Mountain Rambler beers with ya. Hopefully we'll be bottling in two to three years.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Hey guys - I am going to be in NYC (Murray Hill in Manhattan) in a couple weeks. What local breweries/beer halls should I visit? Re: gazer's post above it seems like Other Half in Brooklyn might be a good one. What else?
    I don't know much about Other Half other than that I liked what they had at that Hamilton's event.

It's been a couple years since I've been in NYC, so the info below could be outdated, but I've been to a good number of the beer bars there. The recurring theme is that they're super packed, expensive, and often heavy on West Coast beers. That said, some decent beer bars I've visited include:

Midtown:
    Ginger Man, 11 East 36th Street

Rattle N Hum, 14 East 33rd Street

East Village-ish:

Proletariat – small tap list but typically has more rare and interesting stuff than other bars. I've been there twice and both times the bartender, Cory, ended up giving me free stuff (once a bottle to-go) because he likes talking about West Coast beer. If you bring a fresh hoppy West Coast beer with you (like Noble Ale Works, El Segundo, Beachwood) and he's working, you'll have a new friend.

Blind Tiger, 281 Bleecker Street

Hop Devil, 129 St. Marks Place

Against the Grain, 620 E. 6th St.

www.beermenus.com has been a good resource for seeing bars' taplists or searching for locations that have a given beer. Info isn't always accurate, so best to call ahead if you're set on a certain beer, just to make sure they still have it.

For the sheer tourist trap value, throw a few back at McSoreleys in the Village. It's dank, dirty and you can only order the dark or the light. Saltines and cheese plate with raw onion to accompany.

Also, the Grassroots tavern near there is a great dive bar with cheap drinks. Also like the Blue and Gold tavern on E. 7th; another great dive with a great jukebox.

So no good craft beer info here but 3 good dives to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.